ATTENTION EVERYBODY
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 07:53:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ATTENTION EVERYBODY
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: ATTENTION EVERYBODY  (Read 1272 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 27, 2015, 04:22:44 PM »

I have been asked by a certain politician to create an event in which allies of another certain politicians were to be caught "red handed" cooperating with terrorists.

This time, I will not reveal names, but I must state that I will not abuse my powers to create events to aid anyone's political agenda, especially in such a dirty way. The office of Game Moderator must and will be impartial, above any partisan and personal tricks.

I hope it's clear.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 04:34:25 PM »

This is sad to see how some people can try to use a such disgusting way in order to sink their opponent.
Fortunately, we have an impartial Game Moderator. Smiley
It would be great if you could give us some names. But I would understand if you decide not to reveal anything.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 04:35:20 PM »

Deeply disturbing! I can certainly think of a few people who'd stoop this low, but I won't dole out names unless I stumble across some evidence...
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 04:52:26 PM »

Crystal clear Smiley
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 05:00:54 PM »

What happened to your office thread? Also, thank-you for your impartiality.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 05:07:05 PM »

This is sad to see how some people can try to use a such disgusting way in order to sink their opponent.
It would be great if you could give us some names. But I would understand if you decide not to reveal anything.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 05:20:22 PM »

I humbly ask the GM at the very least to tell us who or what was being targeted so that we may all make sense of this.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 05:20:29 PM »

Huh? It's still there.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 05:21:53 PM »

I can assure you, Adam, it was not evil Lumine Wink
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 05:29:49 PM »

Huh? It's still there.

I see it now. I guess when you gave this post a thread of its own, it bumped your office thread from the top of the page.

Sorry for the false alarm. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 07:41:51 PM »

I humbly ask the GM at the very least to tell us who or what was being targeted so that we may all make sense of this.

I get the sense that this would just lead to a lot of partisan finger-pointing.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 07:43:39 PM »

This sort of thing should be illegal, IMO. My army of unpaid interns (working from home) are putting together some proposals on this.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 07:45:13 PM »

Maybe I shouldn't have posted this, since a lot of folks are going to wonder who and who... But I wanted to give a clear indication that I'm not going to go along those lines and next time (hopefully, there will be no next time), I won't keep confidence.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2015, 07:47:31 PM »

Well I think it was good to clear up any confusion, so bravo.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 07:50:50 PM »

While I respect Kalwejt's decision not to release any names, I don't agree that doing so would have led to increased partisanship. If anything, the lack of information will likely lead to more accusations, since it's up in the air who is responsible for this.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2015, 08:06:03 PM »

While I respect Kalwejt's decision not to release any names, I don't agree that doing so would have led to increased partisanship. If anything, the lack of information will likely lead to more accusations, since it's up in the air who is responsible for this.

Realistically, there will be accusations either way. I doubt it will help anything to reveal info pointing to a culprit though. Political points will be scored and we will all move on at the end of the day.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2015, 08:09:55 PM »

The identity of the offender should be

Since I've received a PM about this post, I may as well clarify my meaning to everyone: JoMCar is the only non-banned poster whose past behavior is the right combination of conniving and dim-witted that I'd believe that he'd do anything like this. I took his post in this thread as a direct response to Kalwejt and assumed that there wasn't anything left to be revealed. (Unless you're asking which of his half dozen personas is culpable, but I doubt that anyone can answer that question.)

There is something else to be revealed, and that's the real conspirator, cause it wasn't me.

Mr. Game Moderator, I won't ask you to reveal any names, but I humbly ask you to clean my name on this.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2015, 08:11:04 PM »

Since I've received a PM about this post, I may as well clarify my meaning to everyone: JoMCar is the only non-banned poster whose past behavior is the right combination of conniving and dim-witted that I'd believe that he'd do anything like this. I took his post in this thread as a direct response to Kalwejt and assumed that there wasn't anything left to be revealed. (Unless you're asking which of his half dozen personas is culpable, but I doubt that anyone can answer that question.)

There is something else to be revealed, and that's the real conspirator, cause it wasn't me.

Mr. Game Moderator, I won't ask you to reveal any names, but I humbly ask you to clean my name on this.

I say only one thing, the matter dealt with politicians, by which I meant officeholders.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2015, 08:13:15 PM »

I say only one thing, the matter dealt with politicians, by which I meant officeholders.

OK, thank you, Mr. Game Moderator. Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2015, 08:51:07 PM »

GAworth
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2015, 10:22:30 PM »

No, no, no, no, no. If Kal tells us who it is, we won't be able to speculate, cast a pall of suspicion over our political enemies, or generally sow distrust among ourselves. It's much better this way.
LOL it's funny to see what witch hunts are being started.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2015, 02:23:32 AM »

Well, atleast the chances of it being a Federalist are slim. Tongue

I have thought about this as part of past game reform efforts, a way to have "scandals" (not terrorism obviously). It would have to be random and everyone would have to "accept" the randomized selection. However, in a volundary game, it is just not possible because people would just leave.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2015, 04:39:52 AM »

No, no, no, no, no. If Kal tells us who it is, we won't be able to speculate, cast a pall of suspicion over our political enemies, or generally sow distrust among ourselves. It's much better this way.

And let's speculate indeed!

I actually think Yankee makes a lot of sense in regards to his few souls clinging to electoral life and the fact that the Federalist Party couldn't coerce a paper bag at this point. Likewise, there's been enough chit-chat on this side since it broke for me to feel confident in saying that no officeholder in Labor was involved in this either.

Since we were told it pertains to officeholders, I then took a gander at my GriffGraph template and attempted to update it to reflect the most recent elections in the NE and MW (please correct me if I'm wrong on any of the offices!). Because of this, I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that none of our CJOs, SC Justices nor cabinet members were involved (since they aren't politicians in the truest sense of the word; presumably no cabinet member would have the audacity to do something like this to another cabinet member and think they'd get away with it).

I can assure you, Adam, it was not evil Lumine Wink

The GM told us bluntly that it was not Lumine, so we can rule him out and further narrow down the categories.

What is left? Based on this criteria alone, there are 20 names remaining (the offices not blacked out)!

These names were pulled using the criteria outlined above and nothing else. This means that nearly all of them ultimately had nothing to do with it. It was still interesting for me to attempt to do. With that being said and unless I have misjudged the nature of the other offices/officeholders in the game, I'm nearing 100% confidence in saying the perpetrator is on this list.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2015, 05:30:49 AM »

These names were pulled using the criteria outlined above and nothing else. This means that nearly all of them ultimately had nothing to do with it. It was still interesting for me to attempt to do. With that being said and unless I have misjudged the nature of the other offices/officeholders in the game, I'm nearing 100% confidence in saying the perpetrator is on this list.

of these, i think türkisblau ("i'm just having fun with trying to plot things.") and bmotley (who has previously been banned for sockpuppetry) are the most likely. could be wrong of course
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2015, 05:48:39 AM »
« Edited: February 28, 2015, 06:00:28 AM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

Wasn't me. I can't believe how fast this is turning into a full fledged witchhunt.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies