Public Office of DKrol
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:07:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Office of DKrol
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Public Office of DKrol  (Read 11007 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2015, 03:38:24 PM »

Thank you, sir!

Thank you, sir!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2015, 09:41:49 AM »

I'd like to thank everyone who supported me in this endeavor and it was a great run while it lasted. I look forward to seeing many of you in the future.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2015, 03:14:26 PM »

I have decided to accept write-in votes in the Special Election, after much thought, for the many people who endorsed me and were displeased with TPP's nomination.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2015, 04:01:21 PM »

I have endorsed you before but I'm deeply disappointed with your conduct: leaving the party and joining CR as soon as you lost primary. That looks awfully like the TPP was a mere vehicle for your personal ambitions that you ditched when not getting your way.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2015, 04:04:42 PM »

I have endorsed you before but I'm deeply disappointed with your conduct: leaving the party and joining CR as soon as you lost primary. That looks awfully like the TPP was a mere vehicle for your personal ambitions that you ditched when not getting your way.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2015, 04:06:49 PM »

I joined TPP after it became clear that the Federalists were failing. TPP was the best party to represent my centrist views that was available at the time. CR came about after I had joined TPP and, after talking with Lumine, I agreed that CR better represented me than TPP did. The endorsement played the most minor of a part in my decision to leave TPP.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2015, 04:07:57 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2015, 04:18:50 PM by Sawx, King in the North »

I'd like to echo Kalwejt's disgust. I reached out to you the moment you joined us, and I actually had enough faith in you to convince the leadership to line up behind you. I pulled some personal strings to try and give the leadership faith that you're not some Some Dude. Foucaulf joining the party was of his own doing, and despite not voting for you, I can personally attest through private conversations that the party would have been fine without you. We all had a great deal of respect for you... until you left the party and tried to leech off of Civic Renewal to fulfill your personal ambitions.

With all apologies to Griffin, this is deeply disturbing (TM), and I've lost a great deal of respect for you throughout this ordeal.

I joined TPP after it became clear that the Federalists were failing. TPP was the best party to represent my centrist views that was available at the time. CR came about after I had joined TPP and, after talking with Lumine, I agreed that CR better represented me than TPP did. The endorsement played the most minor of a part in my decision to leave TPP.

Bullshit.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2015, 04:12:38 PM »

I really doubt you would have switched parties if you had our nomination. Principles my butt.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2015, 04:28:57 PM »

Oh good we're going to hound new members into not participating. Totally what this game needs.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2015, 04:31:06 PM »

A new player bouncing around, trying to find where he fits in best - totally unheard of, right?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2015, 04:53:55 PM »

Oh, I know - I'm a former party switcher myself. The difference was that I switched because the two officials whose endorsements I "secured" while I was exploring reneged the moment another candidate announced, not because I lost a primary by one vote.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2015, 05:11:11 PM »

Welcome back to the race!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2015, 05:18:30 PM »

A new player bouncing around, trying to find where he fits in best - totally unheard of, right?

It would be wiser for a new player to find the place where "he fits in best" first, and then play for big stakes. Otherwise you'll just be known as an unreliable and opportunistic individual, as indicated by your recent moves.

Not a good career-builder, isn't it?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2015, 05:33:34 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2015, 05:36:00 PM by Speaker Blair »

I supported your campaign, and I endorsed you. I liked the policy that you came up with, and you looked like a breath of fresh air.

I just want to ask one thing, if you won the nomination would you of left the TPP? That's the real issue.

At least run as an independent after losing a primary battle, don't jump ship two seconds later because it looks bad even if that wasn't your intention.You left the party after losing a close primary battle, I'm just surprised
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2015, 05:41:00 PM »

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2015, 05:41:14 PM »

I supported your campaign, and I endorsed you. I liked the policy that you came up with, and you looked like a breath of fresh air.

I just want to ask one thing, if you won the nomination would you of left the TPP? That's the real issue.

At least run as an independent after losing a primary battle, don't jump ship two seconds later because it looks bad even if that wasn't your intention. It doesn't look good bro.

I probably still would have left TPP if I had won, yes. Lumine and I had discussed me joining CR from the beginning, before the vote began and I was leaning very heavily to joining CR once it established itself as a proper party.

I realize that my timing may not have been the best PR wise, but hind-sight is 20/20.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2015, 05:42:26 PM »

At least run as an independent after losing a primary battle, don't jump ship two seconds later because it looks bad even if that wasn't your intention. It doesn't look good bro.

I probably still would have left TPP if I had won, yes. Lumine and I had discussed me joining CR from the beginning, before the vote began and I was leaning very heavily to joining CR once it established itself as a proper party.

I realize that my timing may not have been the best PR wise, but hind-sight is 20/20.

So you had no intention of remaining with the TPP, even if you had won the vote?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2015, 05:43:42 PM »

So you had no intention of remaining with the TPP, even if you had won the vote?

I had the intention of joining a party that was in-line with my ideology.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2015, 06:08:13 PM »

My advice is to settle in on a party before you try to win it's nomination. You're really fortunate you lost, because had you won and then switched, the backlash would have been worse. I can't stand opportunities who just jump parties for political gain. Don't be one of those types.

Good luck.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2015, 06:10:17 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2015, 06:12:43 PM by Game Moderator Kalwejt »

Hopefully you will learn your lesson, but I still think you owe TPP members, especially those who put their trust in you, an apology and a better explanation, because the timing clearly shows that you are either less than honest about your motives or simply wanted to use us all along.

People can easily forgive your mistakes, but you need to earn it.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2015, 07:12:35 PM »

The last party I saved, had a contigent of redeemed sinners who proved at least once that they were human and made mistakes.

I joined TPP after it became clear that the Federalists were failing. 

I would imagine the orange cul errr club would welcome you back if you ever want to rejoin at some point. Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2015, 08:59:21 PM »

The last party I saved, had a contigent of redeemed sinners who proved at least once that they were human and made mistakes.

I would imagine the orange cul errr club would welcome you back if you ever want to rejoin at some point. Smiley

Should we be recruiting from Civic Renewal? One war at a time, Yankee. Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2015, 09:22:10 PM »

At some point doesn't mean now, father. Wink
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2015, 09:28:09 PM »

At least you're still here. My other sons are off Dave knows where. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2015, 09:33:45 PM »

At least you're still here. My other sons are off Dave knows where. Tongue

At least yours don't include you know who. Tongue
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies