Public Office of DKrol
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:20:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Office of DKrol
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Public Office of DKrol  (Read 11014 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 27, 2015, 11:18:32 PM »
« edited: July 08, 2015, 07:57:44 PM by GM-designate DKrol »

Hello everyone!

Let me start off my introducing myself: I'm DKrolGA, Krol for short. I've been more active on the What If and Election/History Game sections of the Forum, but have made my foray into Atlasian politics with the most recent round of election. I'm running for the At-Large Senate recently vacated by Vice President-elect Bacon King.

Why am I running? Because I looked at the candidates and only saw men with long tenures around here. More of the same. I feel that Atlasia deserves a change, the voters deserve a fresh face with pragmatic ideas - someone who isn't bogged down with history. I hope that you will agree with me about the need for a fresh face in the Senate and join me in this campaign.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have about, or for, me here.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 11:30:51 PM »

Good luck, man ^^
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 11:31:48 PM »

Thank you!

I know this is an uphill fight, but I will give it my all and let what happens happen.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 11:48:11 PM »

I'm glad to see you taking this important step. As I said earlier, we need to promote unity within the Federalist Party. Getting people actively involved by doing things like running for office is key to promoting unity and strengthening the party.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 11:51:56 PM »

I'm glad to see you taking this important step. As I said earlier, we need to promote unity within the Federalist Party. Getting people actively involved by doing things like running for office is key to promoting unity and strengthening the party.

Krol is no longer a member of the party.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 11:57:28 PM »

Krol is no longer a member of the party.

I think I might need some more time to recover from being out of the loop. I don't know what's going on these days.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 04:41:29 AM »

Good luck on the race, PM me if you want any help Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 08:24:31 AM »

I don't know you.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 08:29:58 AM »

Well then let me introduce myself.

I've written a lot of Alt. Histories and play in Lumine's ASOIAF game. I first registered of the Forum in February 2013 - just over 2 years ago. I've played on various other govsims across the internet for pushing 5 years, including: TAR, VUSA, SOTU, InvisonPower, and NationStates. I was brought into Atlasian politics by then-Presidential candidate Potus2036 a few weeks ago and have enjoyed every moment of it.

In the real world, I'm a freshman at Saint Anselm College going after a major in Politics and a Minor in Theology.

Any other questions, let me know.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 12:00:37 PM »

What are some of your most important political views?

I believe that most powers should be reserved for the Regions - as the Regional government can better tend to the needs of the people. I also support the idea of Militias, as long as they work in line with law enforcement.

I believe in the need to raise the minimum wage - as proposed in The Set It and Leave It Minimum Wage Act of 2015 currently in the Senate - with automatic increases.

I believe that we need to focus on our own borders and our own issues, such as the PMA and rising oil prices, before we dive into foreign affairs, such as Iraq and Libya.

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 12:23:54 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2015, 07:39:03 PM by DKrol »

Thank you for the prompt answer. I don't know that I can vote for someone who supports militias, and I wish that Atlasia were more involved in foreign affairs rather than less, but I'll be keeping on eye on your campaign.

That's all I can ask for. Thanks.

To clarify: By militias, I was referring to groups similar to Truman's 1st Regiment of Mideast Volunteer Militia, not the PMA.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 08:34:22 PM »

What are your positions on the recent events with someone asking the GM to run stories about other politicians? Fracking? The recent supreme court decision regarding late term abortion? Why should someone like me vote for you?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2015, 09:00:49 PM »

What are your positions on the recent events with someone asking the GM to run stories about other politicians? Fracking? The recent supreme court decision regarding late term abortion? Why should someone like me vote for you?

I think anyone asking the GM to run slander is horrible and I deplore whoever did it. It's something I would never do and hope that no one else will.

I support fracking, as long as it is regulated, tested, and safe. I understand that there are serious, real concerns over a) the safety of fracking and b) the environmental impacts of fracking. Is there a need for lower fuel costs? Yes. But is fracking the best way to lower those costs? No - if people's lives or our planet's life is at risk.

In Roe v. ZuWo the question was not about abortion - it was about the powers of the Senate. I disagree with the Court's ruling on those judicial grounds, not on any ideological grounds. Article I, Section 5, Clauses 30-32 of the Constitution grants the Senate the power to pass bills relating to the Public Health - of which the Late Term Abortion Restriction Act was. I disagree with the Supreme Court, but I respect their decision.

I believe that you should vote for me because I'm different. I'm not someone who's been around for several years, holding every office there is. I'm a fresh face that can present pragmatic, centrist ideas in the Senate. I believe that being a fresh face is a strong advantage for me because I'm not bogged down by prior history and backroom deals.

Thank you for talking with me.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 10:27:47 PM »

A welcome addition to Atlasian politics.

Atlasia needs new blood like you.

Best of luck.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2015, 11:12:50 PM »

Since you are studying teology, what do you think of Thatcher's Sermon of the Mound?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 05:15:19 PM »

Why did you write a timeline about John McCain having sex with Alan Alda? Is that the writing we want from a senatorial candidate?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2015, 06:20:59 PM »

A welcome addition to Atlasian politics.

Atlasia needs new blood like you.

Best of luck.

Thank you, sir!

Since you are studying teology, what do you think of Thatcher's Sermon of the Mound?

I believe that her connection between Christianity and the need for social reform is accurate - several Biblical verses are devoted to the need to spread the Gospel and set and example for others to follow. I feel that that is about all she got correct in the speech. I strongly disagree with her use of the Gospel to justify Thatcherism - many of the programs of which, I feel, go against the teachings of Christ. The primary example I'm thinking of was the "Margaret Thatcher, Milk Snatcher" policy from her Education Secretary years.

Why did you write a timeline about John McCain having sex with Alan Alda? Is that the writing we want from a senatorial candidate?

That was a clearly parody, humorous time-line that was created to point out the sometimes outrageous plot lines in House of Cards. Anyone who read the time-line would recognize that it was not intended to be serious in any fashion.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2015, 08:36:29 PM »

That was a clearly parody, humorous time-line that was created to point out the sometimes outrageous plot lines in House of Cards. Anyone who read the time-line would recognize that it was not intended to be serious in any fashion.

It's almost as serious as his ideology. (jk ss)

Anyhow, I've thought this over and I'm going to endorse you. If you do win, I hope that you can do a lot of good work in the Senate on behalf of the people you represent.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2015, 08:38:38 PM »

It's almost as serious as his ideology. (jk ss)

Anyhow, I've thought this over and I'm going to endorse you. If you do win, I hope that you can do a lot of good work in the Senate on behalf of the people you represent.

Thank you very much, sir!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2015, 10:00:01 PM »

Interesting quote from Wiki regarding Saint Anselm College

Since the 1950s, the college has played an important role in the "first in the nation" New Hampshire primary, and has served as the national stage for many future presidents, candidates, and supporters. Presidents John F. Kennedy and Richard Nixon each delivered important policy speeches there. The college has been home to several national presidential debates which have attracted extensive media attention. The Washington Post recently referred to Saint Anselm College as "the Benedictine college with a box seat on America's most riveting political theater".

This college clearly has a very distinguished and active political history. 
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2015, 10:16:28 PM »

Interesting quote from Wiki regarding Saint Anselm College

Since the 1950s, the college has played an important role in the "first in the nation" New Hampshire primary, and has served as the national stage for many future presidents, candidates, and supporters. Presidents John F. Kennedy and Richard Nixon each delivered important policy speeches there. The college has been home to several national presidential debates which have attracted extensive media attention. The Washington Post recently referred to Saint Anselm College as "the Benedictine college with a box seat on America's most riveting political theater".

This college clearly has a very distinguished and active political history. 

That was actually one of the major reasons I picked the school
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2015, 02:19:18 AM »

You have my enthusiastic endorsement and support.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2015, 02:29:49 PM »

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2015, 04:23:14 PM »

You have my enthusiastic endorsement and support.

Thank you very much, sir!

I hope, over the course of this campaign, I can introduce myself to you.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2015, 08:45:22 AM »

Endorsed
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length