If you want to get change to Atlasia...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:21:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  If you want to get change to Atlasia...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: If you want to get change to Atlasia...  (Read 1385 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2015, 01:45:57 PM »

Nuking Atlasia doesn't seem so bad now after all.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2015, 10:18:16 PM »

How does recklessly killing off the game help anything?!? I mean, what if you were misbehaving as a child and your parents decided to get rid of you and try again with a new kid? Yes, that's a false equivalency, but you get my point.

Atlasia 2.0 (presuming you're wanting 2.0 and not just wanting us to give up the idea as a whole) will have most of the problems Atlasia 1.0 has. I mean, do you think activity will increase? I suppose the clean slate will help a bit, in that we can re-reform stuff and whatnot, but the fundamental problems will still have to be fixed by sensible reforms.

I guess what I'm saying is this: dissolving Atlasia is not a silver bullet.

We've got 6 threads open, 101 different discussions and a lot of disagreement. And people think we'll be able to agree to change it?

Happily it is sometimes possible to achieve radical change without consensus.

Isn't that called "tyranny?" I much prefer consent of the governed.

I'm actually starting to understand why we probably should kill the game anyways. While there's a load of support, there is possibly triple the amount of opposition. A lot of people want this to keep on going , however more people want to see this world burn. I say lock this forum up, archive it, and toss out the key.

A large minority or even a silent majority want to see it keep going, I think. In the poll "is it time to end Atlasia?" the "no" vote was doing better last I checked.

Perhaps taking the big jump is nesecary now.

I've thought for a long time that what a game like this needs is an actual "victory mechanism." Whereby people win the simulation either through numeric victory, or rounds are set to a certain time limit. Each simulation can be created with a different government system and style which would certainly help to counter this endless repetition and inactivity.

That's just me musing, of course, and I can see that such an idea would take quite a dedicated and co sisterly active group of players.

that's an interesting idea. start over entirely once a year, with all laws, constitutions, and convictions dropped.

somehow i doubt you're gonna find a big "sisterly" group of players though.

That might be good (sans the sisterly typo, which never made sense...). It would be interesting to see how quickly we could legalize weed and abolish the death penalty, and it would also be fun (for me, at least) to make up new parties each year.

(Also, quickly going far off-topic, I like Evergreen's signature! I've been watching the tournament, and Carli Lloyd's form in the knockout stage was incredible. Especially the final, and especially that goal (instant legendary status). With goals in 2 Olympic finals and a WWC final (6 total goals in those 3 finals), Lloyd is a master of clutch performances.)

Back on topic: I still kind of think that Barnes' idea, as any other idea simply involving starting over, wouldn't do much to solve problems at all without working together to find reasonable solutions, reform, and an increase in activity. Although maybe his idea is just the reform that would work? Still skeptical.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2015, 01:17:37 AM »

... that's how you going to get it, not through some constitutional convention that will never be called to begin with as 90% of Atlasia are zombies, and even if will provide nothing at all in substance.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You cannot amend a dissolved document.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2015, 10:18:39 AM »

... that's how you going to get it, not through some constitutional convention that will never be called to begin with as 90% of Atlasia are zombies, and even if will provide nothing at all in substance.

But you can amend a non-dissolved document, and dissolve it with that. Otherwise, how could you ever get rid of a constitution and/or laws?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2015, 10:32:51 AM »

But you can amend a non-dissolved document, and dissolve it with that. Otherwise, how could you ever get rid of a constitution and/or laws?

Through violent revolution, of course!*

*Not an endorsement of any such thing; humor
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2015, 11:47:00 AM »

You supersede it.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2015, 08:26:12 PM »

You would have to delay the dissolution so it does not happen at the exact moment it is amended.

Besides, dissolving the (Third) Constitution just leaves you with the Second Constitution again.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2015, 01:38:33 AM »

Or Regional Independence.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies