Civic Renewal - Main Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:27:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Civic Renewal - Main Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Civic Renewal - Main Thread  (Read 4303 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2015, 04:54:49 PM »
« edited: March 03, 2015, 05:09:00 PM by President LumineVonReuental »

Right, it's time to move on! I have made a few changes to the by-laws, and since there are no more proposals (the name to be discussed later), I will open a 48 hour vote on the current version. Once approved, we can start with a convention to solve the other issues.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2015, 05:49:27 PM »

Yes
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2015, 06:54:01 PM »

Yes
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2015, 07:05:49 PM »

Yes
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2015, 10:55:11 PM »

Aye.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2015, 10:58:07 PM »

aye
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2015, 11:10:39 PM »

Aye.

I want to remind the members that the vote closes this afternoon, and I want to welcome Wulfric into the party! Nine members already!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2015, 10:52:58 AM »

Good, the by-laws are hereby approved! This party (currenty fifth largest, one member behind the DR's) is going into a convention!
JonathanSwift
United States

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2015, 01:13:58 PM »

x JonathanSwift
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2015, 02:31:06 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2015, 04:10:58 PM by LumineVonReuental »

Welcome to the party, Jonathan! Let me know if I can be of any help!

Edit: I confused the threads.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2015, 02:36:56 PM »

Welcome to the Convention, Jonathan! Let me know if I can be of any help!

he's an independent Tongue

Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2015, 12:09:37 AM »

Not anymore:
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2015, 07:23:46 PM »

Hi, new guy here. Senator Cris invited me to check this out, and I have to say, your Atlasia setup is pretty impressive.

However, I can't decide whether I should join Civic Renewal or the Federalist Party. My real life views are in this very long post:

long post

Overall:

Libertarian-leaning moderate conservative.

So, could you guys make a case for Civic Renewal as opposed to the Federalist Party?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2015, 07:47:09 PM »

Hi, new guy here. Senator Cris invited me to check this out, and I have to say, your Atlasia setup is pretty impressive.

However, I can't decide whether I should join Civic Renewal or the Federalist Party. My real life views are in this very long post:

long post

Overall:

So, could you guys make a case for Civic Renewal as opposed to the Federalist Party?

Well, first of all, welcome to Atlasia, ClarkKent!

Having taken a quick look over the policy views you outlined before, I certainly believe a case can be made for Civic Renewal (although of course the current leadership may be better suited for that than myself) as your best choice of party in Atlasia. First because of the overall message, as Civic Renewal tries its best to be a center-right party that accepts the need for reform and is also quite moderate in a series of key issues as opposed to a more dogmatic stance, many of those policies in line to what you said earlier.

We are in the process of outlining a platform given that the party has only been around for a few months, but broadly speaking most of the members do support a good deal of electoral and government reform (as shown over the past days), a pro-environment stance in most issues, a sensible and engaged stance in foreign policy (many of us have advocated for an increase in defense or space spending, fighting ISIS, and overall, staying active in a policy area many ignore in Atlasia) support for our current system of health care, enacted by a conservative leaning Senate and President a year ago (a counter point to constant calls for a single player system from left leaning politicians), and so on.

While we may not be the largest party in voter numbers compared to the Federalist Party, we have proved to be quite engaged and even successful over the past months despite potential disadvantages, electing a Senator, leading the center-right ticket in the past presidential election thanks to the efforts of Dkrol, and overall fielding candidates with usually strong showings. All in all, the party was created to invigorate the center-right given the bad situation we faced in February, and we have achieved some significant progress in that front despite being relatively small (we do have two Senators after all).

I'm sure Cris, Rpryor and Dkrol can make an even better case for the party, but in all I do hope this might encourage you to give the party a chance.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2015, 08:09:55 PM »

long post

Overall:

Having taken a quick look over the policy views you outlined before, I certainly believe a case can be made for Civic Renewal (although of course the current leadership may be better suited for that than myself) as your best choice of party in Atlasia. First because of the overall message, as Civic Renewal tries its best to be a center-right party that accepts the need for reform and is also quite moderate in a series of key issues as opposed to a more dogmatic stance, many of those policies in line to what you said earlier.

We are in the process of outlining a platform given that the party has only been around for a few months, but broadly speaking most of the members do support a good deal of electoral and government reform (as shown over the past days), a pro-environment stance in most issues, a sensible and engaged stance in foreign policy (many of us have advocated for an increase in defense or space spending, fighting ISIS, and overall, staying active in a policy area many ignore in Atlasia) support for our current system of health care, enacted by a conservative leaning Senate and President a year ago (a counter point to constant calls for a single player system from left leaning politicians), and so on.

While we may not be the largest party in voter numbers compared to the Federalist Party, we have proved to be quite engaged and even successful over the past months despite potential disadvantages, electing a Senator, leading the center-right ticket in the past presidential election thanks to the efforts of Dkrol, and overall fielding candidates with usually strong showings. All in all, the party was created to invigorate the center-right given the bad situation we faced in February, and we have achieved some significant progress in that front despite being relatively small (we do have two Senators after all).

I'm sure Cris, Rpryor and Dkrol can make an even better case for the party, but in all I do hope this might encourage you to give the party a chance.
Thank you.

You make a compelling argument, Lumine. However, I would like to hear both sides first. Does anyone know where I can ask the Federalist Party for their argument?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2015, 08:12:46 PM »

long post

Overall:

Thank you.

You make a compelling argument, Lumine. However, I would like to hear both sides first. Does anyone know where I can ask the Federalist Party for their argument?
Hey Clark,
Just want to tell that you have to be a poster for a whole week on the forum before you can register here and contact North Carolina Yankee for the Feds!!!
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2015, 08:42:44 PM »

long post

Overall:

Thank you.

Hey Clark,
Just want to tell that you have to be a poster for a whole week on the forum before you can register here and contact North Carolina Yankee for the Feds!!!
I know I have to wait a week. I'm trying to learn about the parties before I choose one on Monday. But thank you for the reference to North Carolina Yankee.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2015, 08:53:04 PM »

Hey Clark,

I don't feel comfortable posting about our Party in the CR's thread, especially when we have such close working relationships on different projects.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=209788.msg4542457#msg4542457

This link is for our party's thread and contains links to the platform, bylaws, our two caucuses (we have a Conservative one and a more moderate one) as well as list of our present officeholders and leadership. It also contains our mission statement.

I will be happy to provide a direct response to your question in that thread so as to respect the CR's and their thread.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2015, 08:56:18 PM »

Hey Clark,

I don't feel comfortable posting about our Party in the CR's thread, especially when we have such close working relationships on different projects.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=209788.msg4542457#msg4542457

This link is for our party's thread and contains links to the platform, bylaws, our two caucuses (we have a Conservative one and a more moderate one) as well as list of our present officeholders and leadership. It also contains our mission statement.

I will be happy to provide a direct response to your question in that thread so as to respect the CR's and their thread.
Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies