The White House: A Fantasy Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:52:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The White House: A Fantasy Election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The White House: A Fantasy Election  (Read 4448 times)
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.03

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2005, 10:05:54 PM »

I'll be trying to get back to this in the next week.  Stay tuned.
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2005, 02:35:46 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2005, 02:38:10 PM by Mr. Hobbes »

LEHRER: And we're back.  Congressman Frazier, this question's for you.  It's rather simple, but this question is one that is paramount in the minds of so many Americans right now.  What is the greatest threat to our national security?

FRAZIER: Nuclear weapons in the wrong hands, and the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction by terrorists and terrorist-supporting states like Syria and Iran.  As long as a single terrorist group has the funding to purchase uranium, as long as the Umar bin Zarkas of the world have the opportunity to get their mitts on WMD's, America will not be safe.

We cannot afford not to take action...we cannot go gentle into that good night.  As President, I will stand by Roy Hennigan's doctrine of pre-emptive war when our national security is threatened by an Islamist dictator with a chance to bomb Boston with sarin gas.  And I'll do it no matter the cost, no matter what it takes.

LEHRER: Governor Potter, you have sixty seconds.

POTTER: Congressman, surely you haven't forgotten that Umar bin Zarka never had any weapons of mass destruction haven't you?  That's the problem with President Hennigan's doctrine of pre-emptive war...it means sending our boys and girls to die in the desert on pre-emptive intelligence! 

I support our troops in Ekairan, and I voted to give the President the power to go to war after all diplomatic channels had been exhausted.  They weren't.  Just as Congressman Frazier here has been belittling the UN all night, so did President Hennigan.

But I agree that WMD's are the biggest threat to the United States right now.  As President I will work collectively with the world to try and stop WMD's from getting in the hands of terrorists and their supporters.  But we'll do it with the world, because two heads are better than one, after all.

LEHRER: Congressman, thirty seconds.

FRAZIER: We had an intelligence failure in Ekairan, our sources were not as firm as we believed them to be...and that is something that I will clean up in Washington, and I plan to embrace all the of proposals put forward by the Fourth of July Commission dealing with intelligence reform.  Of course, I would caution us to give the CIA some slack...we only hear about it when they mess up.  It's not as if Director McGwire can give a press conference announcing that we have a mole in the Sudanese cabinet.

I will do whatever it takes to protect America from this grave threat of nuclear terrorism.  As President I will not wait for France, or Germany, or Russia, or Syria, or any foreign country,  to tell me when I can defend Americans.
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2006, 04:11:54 PM »

I'm considering continuing this.  Any interest?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies