People from either party you would support and why (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:26:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  People from either party you would support and why (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: People from either party you would support and why  (Read 1926 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« on: February 28, 2015, 06:32:36 PM »

Give reasons

Democrats: Hillary Clinton

Reason I would support her:  Bill Clinton would be back in the white house and would influence policy

Republicans: Chris Christie, , John Kasich, Scot Walker(As of now)

Reasons I would Support Them:  Christie and Kasich are Republicans who are fiscally conservative and would be pragmatist in foreign policy and aren't part of the Religious Right. Scot Walker reminds me of Reagan as of now but that could change by the primary season so I am putting that as As of now

Who is not acceptable in any circumstances: Bush, Cruz, Warren, Biden, Cuomo

Reasons they arent acceptable: Dont need another Bush in the whitehouse, Cruz and Warren are too fringe, Biden would mean 4 more years like the last 8 and Cuomo is too corrupt
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 08:01:13 PM »

Democrats: Warren, Sanders, O'Malley by virtue of not being Hillary but not being awful either

Republicans: nobody because I take politics seriously

Where do you think I land in the Ideological Spectrum
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 02:37:42 AM »

Republicans: Bush, Graham, Christie, Bolton, Fiorina, Walker

Democrats: Webb, Biden

All of the listed Republicans will have the neoconservative foriegn policy that I look for and none of them are religious right types. I would simpky take Webb and Biden over the Republicans below.

No chance: Clinton, Cruz, Carson, Perry, Santorum, Huckabee, Jindal, Paul

Bomb throwers, religious zealots, a libertarian, and Clinton. No thank you

Why would you want another Bush after the last two Bushes messed up the Country after basically both given booming economies and America being in better shape then ever, they still manage to ruin the country totally.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 01:08:29 PM »

Republicans: Bush, Graham, Christie, Bolton, Fiorina, Walker

Democrats: Webb, Biden

All of the listed Republicans will have the neoconservative foriegn policy that I look for and none of them are religious right types. I would simpky take Webb and Biden over the Republicans below.

No chance: Clinton, Cruz, Carson, Perry, Santorum, Huckabee, Jindal, Paul

Bomb throwers, religious zealots, a libertarian, and Clinton. No thank you

Why would you want another Bush after the last two Bushes messed up the Country after basically both given booming economies and America being in better shape then ever, they still manage to ruin the country totally.

The dotcom bubble burst in 2000 and the Bush administration inherited the proceeding recession. 9/11 didn't help matters any. It wasn't until the second round of tax cuts in 2003 that the economy began recovering. From 2003-2006 there was economic growth around 4%, unemployment would fall from 6% to 4%, and real wages grew.

The housing crash, while admittedly poorly managed by the administration, was predominately caused by horrible monetary policy on the part of the federal reserve who pushed excess credit into the economy with low interest rates.

Long story short, if you want to blame somebody for the housing market crash at the end of the Bush administration then you should blame Alan Greenspan.

That doesnt make up for bush turning a record surplus into a trillion dollar defict. Before Bush the debt was expected to be payed off by 2010 and he still manged to double it.It also doesn't also make up for Invading Iraq to topple and disbanding the Republican Guard which would have stopped the Rise of ISIS
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies