How does Walker beat Hillary?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:54:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How does Walker beat Hillary?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: How does Walker beat Hillary?  (Read 5540 times)
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2015, 03:54:24 PM »

I would agree; all that experience, the gender & the brand name might just be a killer and cost Hillary the election; yep there's a god in his heaven😊☺😄😃👍
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2015, 05:00:28 PM »

It would be wise to make the election about character and trust.

Hillary Clinton is not the candidate who can ever say "You may not agree with me on everything, but I will always tell you the truth" and have people believe her.

As if Republicans don't have the problem of trust, too.

They will have had the House for six years and the Senate for two. I don't care how honest the salesman is I am not going to buy a Yugo.
Panda Express

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2015, 06:38:43 PM »

I would agree; all that experience, the gender & the brand name might just be a killer and cost Hillary the election; yep there's a god in his heaven😊☺😄😃👍

Ok, that's quite enough of you using emoticons all the time. You're too old and stupid to use them. Stop.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2015, 06:44:10 PM »

Hillary has her own version of the 47% tape where she's caught on camera talking mockingly about Walker's lack of a college degree at a Democratic fundraiser attended by wealthy hollywood donors.

Emailgate isn't even in the same league as 47-gate.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2015, 06:46:02 PM »

I think Scotty will be beaten in a landslide Sad . I mean... guys, it's Hillary. It's inevitable. Walker doesn't even have a freaking college degree and compared unions to terrorists! That's why he will get crushed by Hilldawg! He won't be able to overcome the demographic changes and will fail to make inroads into the solid Blue wall. And you know, Scotty has NEVER EVER faced high turnout in an election. Once Hispanics and Blacks show up in high numbers, Scotty will be toast. Keep in mind that he has also surpressed the vote and THAT'S why he won!

Not funny.....
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2015, 06:58:32 PM »

I think Scotty will be beaten in a landslide Sad . I mean... guys, it's Hillary. It's inevitable. Walker doesn't even have a freaking college degree and compared unions to terrorists! That's why he will get crushed by Hilldawg! He won't be able to overcome the demographic changes and will fail to make inroads into the solid Blue wall. And you know, Scotty has NEVER EVER faced high turnout in an election. Once Hispanics and Blacks show up in high numbers, Scotty will be toast. Keep in mind that he has also surpressed the vote and THAT'S why he won!

Not funny.....

It was not supposed to be.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2015, 07:35:09 PM »

People don't vote based on the position of the stars. Democrats could lose in 2016, they could win 2016, we could go 48 years without another Republican President, we could go 100 years without another Democratic President.  We could go on a string of 20 consecutive one term Presidents each defeated by the next challenger on the opposite party.

Bravo, good sir, bravo.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2015, 10:28:55 PM »

GOP needs a candidate with a lot more broad-based appeal than Walker will ever get against Clinton.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2015, 12:01:39 AM »

Scott Walker is so polarizing that his floor and his ceiling will be very close.

He wins if America has another evangelical or fundamentalist mass conversion like that of the 1970s and 1980s... possible but hardly predictable. He will win the evangelical and fundamentalist Christian, except among blacks (who can separate religion from economic interests handily) vote very easily.

On the other side he will lose secular voters as completely as he will win the evangelical and fundamentalist vote. To his benefit the secular vote is much smaller than the evangelical and fundamentalist vote. He will get all former Confederate states except perhaps Virginia, North Carolina, and Florida -- but any one of those ensures a Clinton victory.

He must avoid contradicting himself. If he says one thing in Columbus, Georgia and its diametric opposite in Columbus, Ohio, then he will be exposed as a liar or a fool.

Inside the Blue Wall, people will have to be desperate to vote for him in majority numbers. They would need to believe that working to exhaustion for near-starvation wages is better than the alternative of a looming Depression. Does anyone want a return to the economic realities of early capitalism as Charles Dickens and Karl Marx so masterfully portrayed?

He is not a libertarian. The only 'liberty' that he will offer is the right of employers to avoid dealing with unions, the right to make a workplace more dangerous so long as that speeds up productivity, the right to pollute with impunity, and the right to pay lower taxes -- and for workers, the right to undercut to hold a job. Any privatization is likely to come with the stench of crony capitalism attached.

People will largely have to be desperate to vote for him.

The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2015, 12:20:12 AM »

He doesn't, unions still have enough sway in states he has to win.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies