What are Fiorina's Qualifications?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:21:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What are Fiorina's Qualifications?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What are Fiorina's Qualifications?  (Read 6146 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 01, 2015, 02:26:02 AM »

Making Barbara Boxer slightly flinch, equivalent to getting out of a fight with a torn sleeve and maybe a broken finger? Is that really it?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 02:28:57 AM »

She warned us of the danger posed by demon sheep.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 03:04:09 AM »

She's a women, because you know that's the only reason people like Hilary. So naturally we like her
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 05:26:08 AM »

She got the liberal demon sheep media like Forbes to criticize her for how she was CEO of HP.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2012/05/25/can-meg-whitman-and-layoffs-turn-around-hp-nope/
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 12:36:17 PM »

She got the liberal demon sheep media like Forbes to criticize her for how she was CEO of HP.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2012/05/25/can-meg-whitman-and-layoffs-turn-around-hp-nope/

She's a good example of why you don't bring someone from marketing into a CEO role. People in that department tend to be on the lower end of the intellectual horsepower scale - they're almost as bad as the HR/Personnel department. Lest we forget that this is the woman who dropped out of law school after a semester because it was too hard for her.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 01:16:13 PM »

35+.
Born in the US.
Fits residency requirements.

...I can say the same of Charles Manson.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 10:31:44 PM »

She was CEO of a Fortune 20 company at a consequential time. She was the vice-chair for the National Republican Senatorial Committee.

CBS had a piece on her rise and fall.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-rise-fall-of-carly-fiorina/

I'm honestly having trouble finding a defense of her tenure at HP, aside from a NYT piece suggesting she ended up being right on some issues. I'm also not finding information about how long she was NRSC Vice-Chair, or what that entailed. Holding that post in the 2012 and 2014 cycles is much better than only holding it in the 2012 cycle.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 07:45:05 AM »

Experience is important to Republicans till it isn't. She makes Obama look like James Buchanan in terms of experience.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 09:19:01 AM »

The traditional story goes like this: She's essentially been expelled from whatever circles she ran in prior to her time at HP. Republican politics are something of a refuge for the dregs of the rich and famous, so Fiorina saw an opportunity and, to put it in her own vernacular, "pivoted." It's comparable to a formerly successful band finding Jesus so that they can get another recording contract.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 09:49:17 AM »

She's a good example of why you don't bring someone from marketing into a CEO role. People in that department tend to be on the lower end of the intellectual horsepower scale - they're almost as bad as the HR/Personnel department. Lest we forget that this is the woman who dropped out of law school after a semester because it was too hard for her.

I wouldn't blame her intellect. She did things according to the book. Stripping down companies so that their products are cheap crap and giving all the money to executives is MBA 101... er, 501.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 03:57:03 PM »

Er...she's not married to Bill Clinton; dang there goes her qualifications. Maybe she doesn't need to be married to Bill...maybe she can lose or win on her own "merits".☺
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2015, 04:28:50 PM »

Er...she's not married to Bill Clinton; dang there goes her qualifications. Maybe she doesn't need to be married to Bill...maybe she can lose or win on her own "merits".☺

Hi, Chris Matthews! #HP
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2015, 04:30:44 PM »

Maybe you've been living under a rock so I'll fill you in: Hillary was a United States Senator from the state of New York from 2001-2009, and Secretary of State from 2009-2013. Carly Fiorina is a failed 2010 Senate candidate and a failed CEO.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2015, 04:48:13 PM »

Maybe you've been living under a rock so I'll fill you in: Hillary was a United States Senator from the state of New York from 2001-2009, and Secretary of State from 2009-2013. Carly Fiorina is a failed 2010 Senate candidate and a failed CEO.

Exactly, by any standard Hillary Clinton has more experience than any other Presidential contender.  Experience isn't always the best metric, but it's a silly line of argument to criticize Hillary Clinton. 

I'll just add the Hillary Clinton might have even more experience, but she sacrificed her career for the good of her husband and her family.  That was a product of a more sexist time in America, but if you're a conservative, you'd have to say that's admirable.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2015, 04:49:14 PM »

If she won in 2010, I'd give her credit but heck she lost quite badly. Didn't she also throw all her money at the race?

Can't see how she could be the nominee in 2016
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2015, 06:44:40 PM »

Making Barbara Boxer slightly flinch, equivalent to getting out of a fight with a torn sleeve and maybe a broken finger? Is that really it?

I suspect her qualifications are, "We don't want a stage with nothing but old, mostly white men on it."
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2015, 07:55:24 PM »

Besides the constitutional ones (age, residency), she has none.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2015, 10:41:17 PM »

Advantages:

- Female
- Might be able to brainwash a few primary voters into thinking she can win purple-blue states with ease ("I only lost CA by 10, so I'll win NV, PA, MI, WI, easily!!!" (obviously a silly argument but  doesn't mean she won't try to use it))
- Not a Washington Insider
- Attempts at moderate heroism (ex. Supported Dream Act)

Disadvantages:

- Terrible CEO that actually got fired by the Board of Directors
- Has never held elected office
- Lost badly in republican wave year
- Infrequent voting in elections
- Endorsed by Sarah Palin in 2010
- Unpaid campaign debt
- http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/The-Vote/2010/0507/Demon-Sheep-the-sequel-starring-Carly-Fiorina

heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 06:21:24 AM »

Haven't been living under a rock...I know Carly Fiorina's qualifications; least she does know how to make it in the private sector. Reason why she lost in 2010, was that Barbara Boxer was pandering to the base, basically "lying"....It helps to be a Democrat in California nowadays...Carly's party label meant it was difficult for her to win. So tell me how Hillary accomplished the goal of winning the Senate in 2000? Answer because of Bill Clinton and mostly his stunt with Monica. New York was and is a Democratic state... you could have run Clyde "right turn" the Orangutan to run, and you could have had the same result....no great feat...so give me a break & as for SoS,  she got that job...because of the constituency she represented,  old Barack had to keep the Clinton wing of the Democratic party, she didn't get to be SoS because she was a Warren Christopher or a Madeleine Albright. Her performance in that position was at best questionable. Can anyone say Benghazi?☺ or can anyone say Foreign money donations?...Two nice juicy issues;  so Carly vs. Hillary? Carly is by far a more substantial individual;  CEO of Hewlett- Packard, under her own steam & not because of who her husband was or did!😎
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 03:48:02 PM »

Haven't been living under a rock...I know Carly Fiorina's qualifications; least she does know how to make it in the private sector. Reason why she lost in 2010, was that Barbara Boxer was pandering to the base, basically "lying"....It helps to be a Democrat in California nowadays...Carly's party label meant it was difficult for her to win. So tell me how Hillary accomplished the goal of winning the Senate in 2000? Answer because of Bill Clinton and mostly his stunt with Monica. New York was and is a Democratic state... you could have run Clyde "right turn" the Orangutan to run, and you could have had the same result....no great feat...so give me a break & as for SoS,  she got that job...because of the constituency she represented,  old Barack had to keep the Clinton wing of the Democratic party, she didn't get to be SoS because she was a Warren Christopher or a Madeleine Albright. Her performance in that position was at best questionable. Can anyone say Benghazi?☺ or can anyone say Foreign money donations?...Two nice juicy issues;  so Carly vs. Hillary? Carly is by far a more substantial individual;  CEO of Hewlett- Packard, under her own steam & not because of who her husband was or did!😎

Yeah, she really knows how to make it in the private sector!

As for the NY Senate election, you're revealing your ignorance. This was back when the NYGOP was actually a strong party. The entire reason Hillary was drafted in the first place was because the seat was in real danger of flipping with the other Dem candidates. Yet Carly Fiorina couldn't even come within single digits in a massive low turnout Republican wave. Pathetic.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 04:25:58 PM »

She is a woman, and the Republicans want a woman standing up on that Fox News debate stage, so that Americans forget that the Republican Party's stated policy goals are to return women to the kitchen.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2015, 04:30:58 PM »

There are still knocks against Fiorina, but experience isn't limited to political office.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2015, 04:31:53 PM »

There are still knocks against Fiorina, but experience isn't limited to political office.

So being fired by the board of directors of HP counts as experience? Well, whatever floats your boat.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2015, 03:03:22 AM »

So now you are equating Carly Fiorina with the likes of a psychopath ic murderer pbrower 2a; at least she's not a pathological lying hypocrite like Hillary, does anyone know how to say Benghazi? ☺ or Foreign money donations or misuse of government e-mails.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2015, 10:08:28 PM »

So being fired by the board of directors of HP counts as experience? Well, whatever floats your boat.
How do you get that from a post where I say there are still knocks against Fiorina?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies