What are Fiorina's Qualifications? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:16:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What are Fiorina's Qualifications? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What are Fiorina's Qualifications?  (Read 6193 times)
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« on: March 02, 2015, 10:41:17 PM »

Advantages:

- Female
- Might be able to brainwash a few primary voters into thinking she can win purple-blue states with ease ("I only lost CA by 10, so I'll win NV, PA, MI, WI, easily!!!" (obviously a silly argument but  doesn't mean she won't try to use it))
- Not a Washington Insider
- Attempts at moderate heroism (ex. Supported Dream Act)

Disadvantages:

- Terrible CEO that actually got fired by the Board of Directors
- Has never held elected office
- Lost badly in republican wave year
- Infrequent voting in elections
- Endorsed by Sarah Palin in 2010
- Unpaid campaign debt
- http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/The-Vote/2010/0507/Demon-Sheep-the-sequel-starring-Carly-Fiorina

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 11:04:34 PM »

Er...she's not married to Bill Clinton; dang there goes her qualifications. Maybe she doesn't need to be married to Bill...maybe she can lose or win on her own "merits".☺

Maybe you've been living under a rock so I'll fill you in: Hillary was a United States Senator from the state of New York from 2001-2009, and Secretary of State from 2009-2013. Carly Fiorina is a failed 2010 Senate candidate and a failed CEO.
There are still knocks against Fiorina, but experience isn't limited to political office.

So being fired by the board of directors of HP counts as experience? Well, whatever floats your boat.
How do you get that from a post where I say there are still knocks against Fiorina?
What is Fiorina's experience, besides losing a senate race and being a terrible CEO?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 02:56:13 AM »

As opposed to being too Liberal like Obama or Clinton?
I'll take either one over this failed woman.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 11:31:02 AM »

Yep Barack has done very little to correct things; doesn't want to tarnish that Nobel Peace Prize, has undermined whatever credibility America might have had. Won't stand up to Iran, refuses to acknowledge that ISIS are nothing but a bunch of Islamist Jahidist extremist thugs, behaves like the third world's bitch! Rather George W. Bush,  at least he stood for the principles that made the great country she is. All Obama does is bitch & whine over what's wrong with America. He should go back to Kenya or wherever he claims to come from.
Look, I have my grievances with Obama and he's a far cry from the sort of president he said he would be in 2008, but I'll take him over W. Bush. Obama doesn't cause recessions, launch into a large-scale war based on unfounded accusations (Bush did this with Iraq), massively cut taxes for the people that don't need it, and implement flawed reforms to the Department of Education (Bush did this with NCLB).

And quit it with the birther stuff. If you were joking there, it's not funny. If you were serious, then you're nothing but a troll. No one with a brain, except maybe Trump, believes in the birther thing anymore.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 04:28:02 PM »

Oh really? What about Obama care?  What about tripling the national debt? (Does Fiscal cliff ring a bell?); what about his failed Anti Terrorism policy....Al - Qaeda on the run? The endless apologizing for America, his weakness over Syria, over Ukraine and NATO is in danger of splintering under his watch - Putin will likely move on the Baltic states & the anointed one, will wimp out! His illegal executive orders are unprecedented in living memory and his impotence over the recent racial flare ups in Missouri and New York beggars belief;  so yes you are right about Obama having failed to live up to the promise of 2008, even being America's first black President doesn't have the same cachet it did 7 years ago. The list I'm sure will and can be revised. But Obama is certainly not what he's cracked up to be.

I have a list of revisions I'd make to ObamaCare, but it's not a bad law at all and I'm not in favor of repealing it.

Obama has not tripled the debt. It was about 10 Trillion on Inaugration day 2009, and it's at $18 Trillion now. Sure, it's not a good thing to see it rise $8 Trillion in 6 years, but it does not even represent a doubling of the debt during Obama's tenure.

Furthermore, the debt going up so much was more Bush's fault than Obama's. Granted, Obama put too much focus on wall street when he was implementing his stimulus plan and the recovery has been too sluggish, but it was the truth right from the beginning that Obama would probably see the debt rise by more during his eight years than Bush saw during his, because Obama inherited a $1.3 Trillion deficit and the deepest recession since the great depression, and those things take years to resolve. Now, the fact that we're still in double-digit underemployment after 6+ years of Obama, that's not acceptable, and it's one of the major reasons I disapprove of his tenure. But an ideal stimulus plan would have still likely taken 3-4 years to get underemployment back to single digits, because that's just how deep the recession Obama inherited happened to be.

Apologizing for America is a talking point that has no basis in reality. And aside from maybe a few short missions here and there, we should leave the middle east/ukraine/syria/russia to their own devices. We were never any help in Iraq and Afganhistan, so there's little reason why another 10+ year ordeal in ___________ would actually help anything in the end. The military budget needs massive cuts anyways.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies