Griffin for Senate - THIRD TIME'S THE CHARM
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:10:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Griffin for Senate - THIRD TIME'S THE CHARM
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Griffin for Senate - THIRD TIME'S THE CHARM  (Read 7002 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2015, 12:33:59 PM »

CLARENCE APPRECIATION WEEK

I would like to take a moment and recognize Atlasian Citizen Clarence's receipt of the The Order of the Silver Star of Atlasia for his continued service to the country over the years. In addition, Atlasia should move to recognize this week as Clarence Appreciation Week; as such, I have changed my avatar in a show of solidarity with Clarence and the idea.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2015, 12:35:10 PM »

What are your views on the external political situation?

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2015, 12:40:06 PM »

Could you be more specific? Are you referring to foreign affairs and if so, a specific situation or conflict; or perhaps the recent round of terrorist activity?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2015, 02:05:05 PM »

Could you be more specific? Are you referring to foreign affairs and if so, a specific situation or conflict; or perhaps the recent round of terrorist activity?

Terrorist activity was of external nature Tongue

Yeah, I see someone is not reading official paper carefully...
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2015, 02:24:37 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2015, 02:26:46 PM by Lowly Griff »

No, I've been keeping up on affairs quite diligently, but the term "external political situation" is a rather strange and broad phrase that made me unsure as to the question being asked of me, especially when there are so many different news-worthy events as of late (with the hefty sum of them being "external" either in a domestic terrorist sense or a foreign sense - Iraq, PMA, foreign leaders' responses to the new administration, etc). Those are all "external" and "political" in one sense or another.

Assuming you mean the domestic terrorism we're facing and not ISIS, it seems that we are losing control of the situation bit-by-bit, which is worrisome to me. I think the death tolls speak for themselves. By last count, I saw we had apprehended 12 of these individuals, yet the attacks keep coming. Deeply disturbing, if you ask me, and it speaks to a trend that they are more organized than perhaps was previously thought. As I told IBDD privately in recent days, I applaud Governor Simfan's insistence on not negotiating with terrorists. I do, however, worry about the precedent that is set by cutting off an entire state from the rest of the Union as he did with Idaho.

Ultimately, I do not think we as a government were ready for such an series of attacks from within, which might be as easily classified as internal. Tongue I would highly recommend that regional governments collaborate with one another more to handle these situations, as there have been instances of violence occurring in a generally-cohesive region along the Pacific-Midwest border. In addition, our federal government needs to be prepared to enact emergency funding mechanisms to authorize additional on-the-ground law enforcement, intelligence/counter-intelligence and proactive responses (however, we must be careful not to violate the basic rights of the citizens within these areas). If such legislation is not introduced and on the floor by the time this special election ends (to my knowledge, there has not been), I will sponsor the needed actions if elected.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2015, 03:03:08 PM »

No, I've been keeping up on affairs quite diligently, but the term "external political situation" is a rather strange and broad phrase that made me unsure as to the question being asked of me, especially when there are so many different news-worthy events as of late (with the hefty sum of them being "external" either in a domestic terrorist sense or a foreign sense - Iraq, PMA, foreign leaders' responses to the new administration, etc). Those are all "external" and "political" in one sense or another.

Assuming you mean the domestic terrorism we're facing and not ISIS, it seems that we are losing control of the situation bit-by-bit, which is worrisome to me. I think the death tolls speak for themselves. By last count, I saw we had apprehended 12 of these individuals, yet the attacks keep coming. Deeply disturbing, if you ask me, and it speaks to a trend that they are more organized than perhaps was previously thought. As I told IBDD privately in recent days, I applaud Governor Simfan's insistence on not negotiating with terrorists. I do, however, worry about the precedent that is set by cutting off an entire state from the rest of the Union as he did with Idaho.

Ultimately, I do not think we as a government were ready for such an series of attacks from within, which might be as easily classified as internal. Tongue I would highly recommend that regional governments collaborate with one another more to handle these situations, as there have been instances of violence occurring in a generally-cohesive region along the Pacific-Midwest border. In addition, our federal government needs to be prepared to enact emergency funding mechanisms to authorize additional on-the-ground law enforcement, intelligence/counter-intelligence and proactive responses (however, we must be careful not to violate the basic rights of the citizens within these areas). If such legislation is not introduced and on the floor by the time this special election ends (to my knowledge, there has not been), I will sponsor the needed actions if elected.

Thank you. Now, if I may ask, what is your view on what Atlasia should do or shouldn't do regarding deepening crisis in Iraq, as well as threat of Russia and Iran unilatery increasing their oil production?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2015, 03:41:19 PM »

Thank you. Now, if I may ask, what is your view on what Atlasia should do or shouldn't do regarding deepening crisis in Iraq, as well as threat of Russia and Iran unilatery increasing their oil production?

First, Iraq. This came up the last time I was in the Senate. I am a non-interventionist with respect to ground troops or a permanent presence in the Iraqi quagmire. We have wasted too many lives and too much money on a part of the world that has no inclination to help itself out of its current situation. At the very best, we can only guarantee stability for the length of time that we remain in the region sacrificing our men and women in uniform, and I have no interest in doing so. While the players in each of the three fragments at the moment are not ideal, the fragmentation of the country long-term is probably better for peace than maintaining a colonial series of boundaries that keep sectarian strife amplified within the confines of an unnatural territory.

In regards to the oil situation, it is my understanding the RL sanctions that exist on Iranian and Russian oil are not present here (correct me if I'm wrong?). As such, I do not expect much trouble in the coming months in so far as the Saudis do not decide to jump into the foray in an attempt to cripple the North American energy market (which would likewise harm not only us, but the Russians and Iranians as well). Long-term and has already been the focus of Atlasian policy for some time, we must further seek to insulate ourselves from this reckless substance by aiming for complete energy independence. I would be very interesting in seeing what the current figures in terms of percentage of energy derived domestically and the sources for that energy look like before I can provide a more detailed response. Obviously and even with total energy independence, the oil markets can have auxiliary economic effects for us and the situation will need to be carefully monitored day by day for any new developments on that front.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2015, 09:22:35 AM »

Adam, are you still running now that you've been nominated for RG?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2015, 09:24:13 AM »

Absolutely. Cabinet members (excluding the GM) are allowed to hold two positions at once for a reason, and I look forward to bringing a consistent level of dedication, activity and attention to detail to both offices.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2015, 12:57:23 PM »

Absolutely. Cabinet members (excluding the GM) are allowed to hold two positions at once for a reason, and I look forward to bringing a consistent level of dedication, activity and attention to detail to both offices.

Hm, if such particular instance is allowed, wouldn't that at least violate a principle of separation of powers (executive post and legislative post)?

Wha... you mean I can't have another office? Shocked
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2015, 12:59:16 PM »

Hm, if such particular instance is allowed, wouldn't that at least violate a principle of separation of powers (executive post and legislative post)?

It appears as if I may have been mistaken. The GM is prevented from holding any additional office and the RG and DoFE are prevented from serving as Senators. This creates quite the pickle. Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2015, 01:01:33 PM »

It appears as if I may have been mistaken. The GM is prevented from holding any additional office and the RG and DoFE are prevented from serving as Senators. This creates quite the pickle. Tongue

Well, personally I can't give you any support if you run at the same time as being under confirmation as RG. Since it is clear you want to be Senator, it would be pointless to have you as RG for a few weeks most and then have to find yet another.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2015, 07:54:21 PM »

I didn't approve of a GM being at the same time party chairrman of a major party but I wouldn't mind a Senator being RG at the same time since this job is basically record keeping. One situation is allowed and the other is agaisnt the rules. I don't understand this. 
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2015, 03:52:04 PM »

While it's already been reported, I just wanted to make the announcement that I have suspended my campaign for confirmation as Registrar General so that I can dedicate myself solely to the task of representing you, the Atlasian people.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2015, 08:23:37 PM »

WE ONLY GOT FOUR DAYS TO SAVE THE WORLD

With just a few hours before the election booths open, we're in the final stretch. I encourage anyone who is on the fence to ask questions now before making any decision at the polls. While some are overly-pessimistic and others are overly-optimistic about our chances, I've never believed that this would be anything other than a race that comes down to the wire.

It's your choose, Atlasia, so chose wisely.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2015, 10:28:17 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2015, 10:32:01 PM by TimTurner »

What efforts have you been doing in the areas of health and education?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2015, 10:48:17 PM »

What efforts have you been doing in the areas of health and education?

I haven't been in federal government in quite some time, but recently I had the fortune at the regional level of working on the Amendment to the Northeast Pubic Intoxication Act and Responsible Drinking and Driving Act. In addition, we did manage to address part of the issue of school activity in the NE Assembly with the Amendment to the T.J. Detweiler Act.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2015, 12:22:23 AM »

The first 24 hours of voting has passed, but there are still 48 more!

I encourage all of my supporters to get out and vote, and unlike one of my opponents, I won't ask those who won't vote for me to not vote at all.

As always, my office is open to any and all questions from the voters throughout the remainder of the election.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2015, 12:14:52 AM »

A SPEECH WILL COME LATER - UNTIL THEN, ENJOY...

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2015, 12:18:56 AM »
« Edited: March 16, 2015, 12:20:49 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Is that your plan for Nyman? Tongue

Also congratulations on being the first At-Large Senator to enter office whilst I was not Regional Senator of the DS/IDS/SE since Marokai Blue in May of 2009.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2015, 12:19:08 AM »

Congratulations Comrade!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2015, 12:21:59 AM »

Congrats on your victory!
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2015, 12:34:04 AM »

I'm sure you can find this DEEPLY DISTURBING Tongue
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2015, 12:34:42 AM »

Oh, and congratulations on your victory, Adam. It'll be fun to oppose you Cheesy
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2015, 02:06:56 AM »

Congratulations Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to: