FOUCAULF FOR NYMAN - Concession Announcement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:22:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FOUCAULF FOR NYMAN - Concession Announcement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: FOUCAULF FOR NYMAN - Concession Announcement  (Read 2761 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2015, 01:56:45 AM »

Are you seriously asking people who won't vote for you to not vote

That is the sort of comment that can really bite someone. WTF.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2015, 08:35:18 AM »

I guess the old "No matter who you vote for as long as you vote" mantra is out the window then.
Foucaulf
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2015, 01:55:12 PM »

Citizens, Atlasians,

Last night, I wanted to conclude my active campaign with a heartfelt message to all voters, including Labour members. I made a very regrettable statement that forced other Atlasians from voting. I am very sorry for making that statement, and must have gone through a period of brief reactive psychosis.

I do not condone abstention in any shape or form. But I want the heart of the message to stay in everyone's minds: Labour isn't working these days. I am a constant fighter for The People, even if outside forces are stressing me to the limit.

For Order, for Atlasia.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2015, 03:17:15 PM »

Citizens, Atlasians,

Last night, I wanted to conclude my active campaign with a heartfelt message to all voters, including Labour members. I made a very regrettable statement that forced other Atlasians from voting. I am very sorry for making that statement, and must have gone through a period of brief reactive psychosis.

I do not condone abstention in any shape or form. But I want the heart of the message to stay in everyone's minds: Labour isn't working these days. I am a constant fighter for The People, even if outside forces are stressing me to the limit.

For Order, for Atlasia.

This is good you have apologized for that. I do hope that I will be able to work with you if you're elected. Labor senators aren't so terrible Smiley.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2015, 05:53:58 PM »

You still potentially broke the law by doing that.
Foucaulf
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2015, 06:14:50 PM »

You still potentially broke the law by doing that.

If you want to prosecute me, go right ahead. I will then serve as an example for all Atlasians.
Foucaulf
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2015, 11:29:26 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2015, 11:41:09 PM by Foucaulf »

CONCESSION

Citizens, Atlasians,

My political career is over. It is over, probably faster than it first began. It is obvious again that I will lose to a Labour politician, and this time it's not even close. The people of Atlasia have spoken.

I do want to reflect on a month of barnstorming across the country, getting caught up in two electoral campaigns. I still firmly believe that my plan is the best plan for Atlasia, and the one we need to strengthen our nation from the chaos last year. I'm the only candidate who promised an economic plan. I'm the only candidate who canvassed in all five regions. I'm the only candidate with a strong agenda.

I'm the only candidate who presented a fresh vision for Atlasia. Let's think about it - Adam Griffin has ran in a dozen elections, JCL about that number, Poirot seventeen by his admission. I have ran two.

What opposed me was the Labour agenda, which I already have gone through in detail at risk of political persecution, as well as a social conservative agenda. This second one was more ambiguous, but it is still one that rejects the sovereignty of the regions for an overreaching federal state. It's an agenda that would rather feel self-righteous and remain in eternal opposition than propose something that unites the Atlasian people.

But, as the votes have spoken, both agendas have beaten mine. And that is as sure a sign as any that I should retire from electoral politics for the time being.

I did not plan to contest this election at first, but someone inspired me. I remembered the spirit of Bacon King, that great representative of The People, who originally held this seat. How did the Atlasian elite treat him? - by persecuting him, threatening his expulsion, intimidating him into seclusion.

I wanted to carry Bacon King's banner and change the Senate. But I could not. And, to TPP and to Atlasia, I am sorry.

Electoral campaigning has softened me. I started out in October bitter and resentful toward Labour governments, but moderated out of understanding as much as out of necessity. Partisanship is not a game I wish to play any longer. For now, I may retreat into an administrative role in The Party, and perhaps draft an agenda for future legislators. I can only wait and see what the future holds.

For the last time in a long while,

For Order, for Atlasia.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2015, 11:53:14 PM »

Bacon King is one of the top three longest serving Senators (just not continously Wink) in Atlasian history. He was a close ally of bgwah in the JCP, he was part of the "Events in the Pacific" shall we say and he was a high profile member of TPP. I liked him a lot and I am sorry to see him leave, but to say that "the elite" went after BK is a little much. He was as much a part of the Atlasian political establishment as anyone can be.

I think you ran a good campaign, but I think your strategy was at cross purposes. If defeating labor was your primary goal, then starting fires elsewhere only hindered your efforts. Criticizing the Federalists, criticizing the found memory of the RPP (doffs hat in rememberance), and even your regionalist pitch was based largely on a issue of moral significance to many of our membership, all did not help. A different approach would have worked out much better.

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2015, 12:09:17 AM »

CONCESSION

Citizens, Atlasians,

My political career is over. It is over, probably faster than it first began. It is obvious again that I will lose to a Labour politician, and this time it's not even close. The people of Atlasia have spoken.

I do want to reflect on a month of barnstorming across the country, getting caught up in two electoral campaigns. I still firmly believe that my plan is the best plan for Atlasia, and the one we need to strengthen our nation from the chaos last year. I'm the only candidate who promised an economic plan. I'm the only candidate who canvassed in all five regions. I'm the only candidate with a strong agenda.

I'm the only candidate who presented a fresh vision for Atlasia. Let's think about it - Adam Griffin has ran in a dozen elections, JCL about that number, Poirot seventeen by his admission. I have ran two.

What opposed me was the Labour agenda, which I already have gone through in detail at risk of political persecution, as well as a social conservative agenda. This second one was more ambiguous, but it is still one that rejects the sovereignty of the regions for an overreaching federal state. It's an agenda that would rather feel self-righteous and remain in eternal opposition than propose something that unites the Atlasian people.

But, as the votes have spoken, both agendas have beaten mine. And that is as sure a sign as any that I should retire from electoral politics for the time being.

I did not plan to contest this election at first, but someone inspired me. I remembered the spirit of Bacon King, that great representative of The People, who originally held this seat. How did the Atlasian elite treat him? - by persecuting him, threatening his expulsion, intimidating him into seclusion.

I wanted to carry Bacon King's banner and change the Senate. But I could not. And, to TPP and to Atlasia, I am sorry.

Electoral campaigning has softened me. I started out in October bitter and resentful toward Labour governments, but moderated out of understanding as much as out of necessity. Partisanship is not a game I wish to play any longer. For now, I may retreat into an administrative role in The Party, and perhaps draft an agenda for future legislators. I can only wait and see what the future holds.

For the last time in a long while,

For Order, for Atlasia.

My agenda was a strict regionalist one. There's no ambiguity in that.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2015, 12:09:45 AM »

I want to thank you for running against me and giving me a run for my money. A slightly different preferencing of the ballots would have yielded a considerably different result - one I'm all too familiar with from my first at-large Senate special run.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2015, 12:29:16 AM »

Y-you're leaving? Sad
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2015, 01:12:01 AM »

This election was a tough decision.  Foucaulf, you put forward some great ideas in this campaign and I hope you stick around and try again.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2015, 07:57:33 AM »

That's sucks Sad
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2015, 09:30:06 AM »

You ran a good race and clearly have a lot to contribute to the game Smiley  Hopefully you'll stick around and continue to take an active role!
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2015, 11:24:13 AM »

You sure would have made a great Senator, but I shall hope that just because it didn't work out this time, we will still see you in that chamber one day!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2015, 12:01:54 PM »

Please don't say your political career is over. It doesn't make sense and, frankly, I don't accept it.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2015, 12:47:41 PM »

In spite of some mistaken politicking (which I'm starting to care less and less for), I thought you brought a lot of good points on the table (especially about budgeting), which is why I pref'd you well enough for the final round. I really hope you do continue in this game.
Foucaulf
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2015, 06:31:05 PM »

Please don't say your political career is over. It doesn't make sense and, frankly, I don't accept it.

In spite of some mistaken politicking (which I'm starting to care less and less for), I thought you brought a lot of good points on the table (especially about budgeting), which is why I pref'd you well enough for the final round. I really hope you do continue in this game.

I will privately consult and advise TPP officeholders and others who solicit my help. I do not plan to reenter public life in the future.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2015, 12:20:21 AM »

Some friendly advice; time washes away all memories in Atlasia. Anyone who sticks around long enough can have their image rehabilitated. I know you made some serious missteps in this campaign, but those will eventually be forgotten. Somewhere down the road you may be able to re-evaluate that decision and run for Senate again.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2015, 12:55:43 AM »

Some friendly advice; time washes away all memories in Atlasia. Anyone who sticks around long enough can have their image rehabilitated. I know you made some serious missteps in this campaign, but those will eventually be forgotten. Somewhere down the road you may be able to re-evaluate that decision and run for Senate again.

At least I don't carry the RPP private forum post about having recruited Hamilton in my signature. Tongue Though might as well since I mentioned it so much these days. Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2015, 06:28:58 AM »

I will privately consult and advise TPP officeholders and others who solicit my help. I do not plan to reenter public life in the future.

I understand your desire to take a break, even an extended one, but that's just a break, not retirement, right?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies