Would you rather have your son become a hipster Christian or Randian atheist?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:39:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would you rather have your son become a hipster Christian or Randian atheist?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Would you rather have your son become a hipster Christian or Randian atheist?
Hipster Christian

Randian atheist

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: Would you rather have your son become a hipster Christian or Randian atheist?  (Read 3058 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2015, 09:24:09 PM »

Option 1, probably.  I would've chosen option 2 a few months ago, but now I've been increasingly annoyed by atheists.  Hipster Christians are OK I guess. 
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2015, 11:03:47 AM »

Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2015, 11:12:16 AM »

In retrospect, Hipster Christian, because I just realized they don't really piss me off at all, whereas Randians are idiots.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2015, 12:24:02 PM »

Hipster Christian as long as they're this kind of hipster Christian.
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2015, 03:54:20 PM »

What if he was a hipster Christian that was also into Ayn Rand? That'd be the worst. Personally though as an agnostic I find that I can get along a lot better with lefty social justice inclined Christians then I could with say an Atheist stockbroker or techie.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2015, 04:03:20 PM »

What if he was a hipster Christian that was also into Ayn Rand?

How would that even be possible? The worldviews are basically diametrically opposed.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2015, 04:22:31 PM »

How would that even be possible? The worldviews are basically diametrically opposed.
In BRTD-land, perhaps, but you don't think there are Christians into Rand (not me, ftr)? and considering there are plenty of hipsters into Rand, how far of a jump is there for one to go to church?
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2015, 09:43:16 PM »

In BRTD-land, perhaps, but you don't think there are Christians into Rand (not me, ftr)? and considering there are plenty of hipsters into Rand, how far of a jump is there for one to go to church?

Paul Ryan and I bet some tea partiers would also fall under the category of "objectivists for Jesus."
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2015, 09:56:02 PM »

Not many. According to DRA, all the precincts most known for hipsters voted over 88% for Obama in 2008. No numbers for 2012, but probably about the same seeing as how Obama did about the same in Minneapolis.

Also hipster Christian churches specifically promote a polar opposite philosophy from Rand. Remember, it's basically "liberation theology for middle class white people" as someone once put it, not a prosperity theology type church.

Paul Ryan and I bet some tea partiers would also fall under the category of "objectivists for Jesus."

Paul Ryan is not a hipster Christian. LOL.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2015, 08:26:43 AM »

Isn't this the kind of stupid question the other place was made for?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2015, 06:36:01 PM »

Not many. According to DRA, all the precincts most known for hipsters voted over 88% for Obama in 2008. No numbers for 2012, but probably about the same seeing as how Obama did about the same in Minneapolis.

Also hipster Christian churches specifically promote a polar opposite philosophy from Rand. Remember, it's basically "liberation theology for middle class white people" as someone once put it, not a prosperity theology type church.

I was going to suggest you perhaps an overly exclusive definition of "hipster", but after seeing some of the results from googling "Conservative hipster christian", I suspect you're right. Tongue

They do exist, but are rare. So that said, what would the proper poll response be for such an unusual, but not at all extinct, hybrid? Wink
HillOfANight
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2015, 10:28:00 PM »

Randian atheist just comes across too angry.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies