2016 Election Game: Rules/Sign-Up Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:46:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Election Game: Rules/Sign-Up Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game: Rules/Sign-Up Thread  (Read 5329 times)
Elkins

« on: March 06, 2015, 09:39:33 PM »

I'll take Governor Susana Martinez
Elkins

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 01:44:02 PM »

Susana Martinez for America: Taking Charge of Our Future

June 6th, 2015
Albuquerque, New Mexico
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you! Thank you! Gracias! Thank you so much!

We have all surely come a long way from those dark days when I first entered this office still mired the economic sinkhole that was the Great recession. But with dedication here in New Mexico, we persevered. But looking beyond the coziness of our state, our country is still in dire need. Our situation abroad remains dim as chaos plays out in front of ours eyes in Iraq and much of the middle east, while Russia clenches it's grip on Ukraine. Here in the United States, our situation may look bright, but we must not be fooled by any illusion. Federal taxation and regulations continue to cripple business and innovation. Meanwhile entitlements for our seniors are on the brink and our education system continues it's status quo of disarray.

My friends, I love this state. The five years I've served here as it's governor has undoubtedly been the hallmark of my life. But it has become increasingly clear to me that this country needs a firm, conservative vision to push us towards a future we can be proud of. And after consulting with my wonderful family, my ever wise friends and countless New Mexicans who believe this country needs what I just outlined, I believe there is no one better to implement that vision than the person speaking to all of you great folks right now. Today, I announce my campaign to seek the Republican nomination for President of the United States!

Today, seventy one years ago, America helped turn the tide of history as our troops stormed Omaha and Utah beach on D-Day. Now, several generations removed from that fateful day our country stands at another crossroads. Petty, ideological squabbles in congress  and widespread mistrust of our government by the Americans people threatens to slowly but surely erode the foundation this country was created upon. Those men at Normandy, and all Americans who have fought for and died for this country deserve much better than having the country they poured their blood, sweat and tears into protecting take a turn for the worse.

We also owe it to our children to bequeath to them a country in better shape than the one they were born into and one which they can improve upon with an American work ethic. Handing them the reigns of uncertainty is nothing less than a recipe for disaster. There is much to do before that point though, and for the past couple years there has been a lot of panic and no reform for the most pressing issues our country faces. Folks, it is time to meet our problems head on instead of hiding in the shadows when it comes to make a difficult decision. It is an unquestionable fact that Washington lacks the spine to truly tackle problems. That needs to change... not a decade from now or a year from now, but today. No longer can I sit back ideally as issue after issue goes unsolved is slowly forgotten about

My friends, I am running for President because this country once again needs to once again make history instead of sitting on the bench watching other countries change the world. To do that, we need bold action to take charge of our future, not political disruptive posturing. When the United States of America works together, no force on this planet can stop us. But before we become an unstoppable force we need to learn to work together. In Washington there is no doubt in my mind I can provide just that and more. Thank you again!

Following the speech the Governor answers questions in both English and Spanish.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies