2016 Election Game: Rules/Sign-Up Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:04:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Election Game: Rules/Sign-Up Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game: Rules/Sign-Up Thread  (Read 5330 times)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 05, 2015, 06:43:50 PM »

Would anyone mind if I took Joaquín Castro?
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 07:38:26 PM »

Thanks! This seems like a cool place! I'll try my best to do this legitly, apoligies if I mess up in advance. I have read your previous game and wanted to try it myself.

Good Luck to all and Happy Campaigning.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 08:07:20 PM »

May 16, 2015 - News from "The Alamo" in San Antonio: Joaquin Castro Announces Candidacy

Good Evening . . . Buenos Tardes.  We stand here together, outside of the historic Alamo, joined in our common commitment to the ideals of this great Nation of ours.  This Nation has been a beacon of opportunity, freedom, and hope for countless individuals and families for generations.  But as those at the Alamo demonstrated, such ideals sometimes come only through great struggles, work, and - sometimes - sacrifice.  We are standing at such a point in time.

Despite the great wealth of our Nation, that economic prosperity is not shared by all Citizens.  Too many of our family, friends, and neighbors face economic hardships, and current policies don't offer them the opportunities once enjoyed by Americans.  Education - often seen as "the great equalizer" - is challenged on all fronts.  Public education has been consistently underfunded, stretching the resources of an already over-taxed system.  And college costs continue to rise, outpacing the ability of many Americans to achieve their educational dreams.  Employment opportunities are not meeting the needs of our Country for innovation, growth, and  expansion.  Many people are working two, three, or more jobs just to make ends meet.  And policies now limit the potential for innovation and the growth of small businesses, while other companies are exploiting loopholes through off-shore businesses and H1B Visa abuses.  The struggle for equality and protection of human rights has been a cornerstone of our Nation, but policies adversely affecting women, immigrants, racial minorities, and the LGBT community are fast eroding any pretense of civil rights. 

We are a great Nation, steeped in a rich history of idealism . . . but it has been an idealism grounded in action.  When we have seen problems, we have corrected them - sometimes late, but always on the right side.  Now is our chance to correct the problems and injustices that face our Nation - now is our opportunity to make this Nation even better for our children - now is our time!  Yes, this will mean work - but we can do it by working together, not against each other.  We have had enough of counterproductive partisanship, of rumor mongering, of mean-spirited debates.  We must come together, debate and discuss to resolution, and move forward;  moving backwards is no longer an option.

My career has epitomized coming together - working across party lines in both the Texas and United States legislatures.  I have represented a multi-party district in a state that is often at odds with my political beliefs - but I have consistently found a way to work with a wide range of political ideologies.  I value diversity and respect enriching debate . . . but make no mistake:  I stand firm in my belief in the importance of a strong educational system, the need for continued expansion of employment opportunies for all, and a deep and abiding commitment to civil rights. 

Please join me as I announce my candidacy for President of the United States.  It's time for a change America:  Together we can restore "Opportunity for All!"
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 02:22:04 PM »

I assumed so, I am ready for a rocky primary.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies