Hillary Clinton Used Personal Email at State Dept., Possibly Breaking Rules
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:43:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary Clinton Used Personal Email at State Dept., Possibly Breaking Rules
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton Used Personal Email at State Dept., Possibly Breaking Rules  (Read 10861 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2015, 01:12:29 PM »

Guccifer was behind the leak.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2015, 01:27:37 PM »

Haha great Onion article.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2015, 01:51:12 PM »

Lol, this is ABSOLUTELY nothing compared to what will be dug up when the Dems anounce Hillary is the candidate...THE CLINTONS HAVE WAYYYY WORS BAGAGE THAN THIS HAHA.

MAYBE SOMEONE CAN ASK HER ABOUT THIS AFTER HER NEXT SPEECH FOR $250k LOL
bobloblaw
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2015, 02:06:10 PM »

The interesting thing was the reaction of the NYT readers who posted their opinions. There was no defense of the Clintons like there was in the past. More of a wish for Warren to get in to the race. It may or may not be something important.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2015, 02:07:36 PM »

Lol, this is ABSOLUTELY nothing compared to what will be dug up when the Dems anounce Hillary is the candidate...THE CLINTONS HAVE WAYYYY WORS BAGAGE THAN THIS HAHA.

... are you ok?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2015, 04:31:05 PM »

The interesting thing was the reaction of the NYT readers who posted their opinions. There was no defense of the Clintons like there was in the past. More of a wish for Warren to get in to the race. It may or may not be something important.

Are you serious? The NY Times comment section has always hated Hillary and most of them still think Warren is going to run. They're about as representative of the Democratic Party as Daily Kos.

Anyway, if this lame desperate hit piece is the best the NY Times can do in their Sisyphean quest to create a competitive Democratic primary, it seems Hillary doesn't have much to worry about. She used a .com e-mail instead of a .gov e-mail?!?!?!?! WATERGATE REDUX!!! Still, this is why it's better for her to announce sooner rather than later. It's good to have an apparatus in place to respond to crap like this.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2015, 04:53:39 PM »

she probably didn't use a government email because she didn't want the nerds at the state department IT department finding her emails with Bill reminiscing about how much fun they had murdering vince foster
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2015, 04:59:09 PM »

These politicians have betrayed the peoples' trust FOR THE LAST TIME
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2015, 05:24:58 PM »

Apparently the rules Hillary violated actually weren't in place until after she left. Also, previous Secretaries of State did the same thing (Kerry is actually first SoS to use .gov address)

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/03/03/hillary-email-scandal-not-so-fast.html

I'm still curious about the security of her private email and how she handled classified stuff, but it may be that there is no scandal here.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2015, 05:39:27 PM »

Apparently the rules Hillary violated actually weren't in place until after she left. Also, previous Secretaries of State did the same thing (Kerry is actually first SoS to use .gov address)

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/03/03/hillary-email-scandal-not-so-fast.html

I'm still curious about the security of her private email and how she handled classified stuff, but it may be that there is no scandal here.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!? OF COURSE THIS IS A SCANDAL!!! IT'S BIGGER THAN BENGHAZI-GATE.

I'm sorry. I couldn't help but post a bit of mock outrage. I'm no fan of Hillary, but this just seems like people trying to throw everything at her and hope something sticks.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2015, 06:18:02 PM »

Hey look! It's "that guy".
I know it's wrong to pick on special needs people so I leave it there.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2015, 07:05:03 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Because it's not meant to be factual. It's just a hit piece.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2015, 07:08:59 PM »

What a ridiculous non-issue. The Times ought to apologize to their readers but I'm not holding my breath.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2015, 10:30:01 PM »

Disappointed (but not surprised) that the WH is throwing Clinton (and the State Department) under the bus.
Panda Express

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2015, 10:33:29 PM »

Just throwing this out there, but Martin O'Malley never used his personal email at the State Dept.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2015, 10:52:00 PM »

Just throwing this out there, but Martin O'Malley never used his personal email at the State Dept.

In fact, nobody has ever tried to have a personal conversation with Martin O'Malley.

O'Malley: Leadership You Can Trust
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2015, 02:50:31 AM »

Of course there's no scandal there likely voter...didn't you know that? When the Clinton's say what's the fuss about? Then we can rest assured that we can trust them...not easy with there track record!  There was this Democrat troll called Retromike 22 who was sounding off about Jeb Bush not voting In 2008, but no mention of the foreign money donations or the misuse of government emails. You know they are scared witless of Jeb Bush being the nominee in 2016. There's more stuff coming out about Billary's activities, Mark my words. Democrats,  well most of them seem to think it's pretty dandy and are not bothered that there prospective nominee has an ethical deficit;  Joe Biden would be a better bet if I were them.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2015, 03:56:34 AM »

Disappointed (but not surprised) that the WH is throwing Clinton (and the State Department) under the bus.

Yep, she'll see how the view is under the bus with Reverend Wright, Kathleen Sebelius, Eric Shinseki, and all the other ones. Way to be a TEAM PLAYER, Obama.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2015, 08:58:14 AM »

Take the Hilary blinders off buddy, shes Ms. Moneybags, the female version of Mitt Romney.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2015, 10:16:11 AM »

Yes Mrs. Moneybags...foreign money donations being funnelled and laundered through the Clinton Foundation...brings fundraising to a whole new level😲
seanNJ9
United States

« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2015, 10:34:06 AM »

Yet Democrats will continue to give this woman an open lane to the nomination.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2015, 01:01:33 PM »

Take the Hilary blinders off buddy, shes Ms. Moneybags, the female version of Mitt Romney.

But Capitalism is good?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2015, 01:10:40 PM »

I can't wait for Dick Cheney to denounce this.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2015, 04:07:06 PM »

Like the Republicans did with Tom Dewey in 1948,  and we all know how well that went!☺
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2015, 12:12:11 AM »

Are you serious? The NY Times comment section has always hated Hillary and most of them still think Warren is going to run. They're about as representative of the Democratic Party as Daily Kos.

Actually, speaking as someone who has been reading dailykos since 2005/06 I can say that from what i've noticed the face of it has changed and it's become more Clintonian over the years, and these days is overwhelmingly pro-Hillary with Markos himself endorsing her.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies