Hillary Clinton Used Personal Email at State Dept., Possibly Breaking Rules
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:20:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary Clinton Used Personal Email at State Dept., Possibly Breaking Rules
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton Used Personal Email at State Dept., Possibly Breaking Rules  (Read 10896 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2015, 04:05:30 AM »

The interesting thing was the reaction of the NYT readers who posted their opinions. There was no defense of the Clintons like there was in the past. More of a wish for Warren to get in to the race. It may or may not be something important.

Are you serious? The NY Times comment section has always hated Hillary and most of them still think Warren is going to run. They're about as representative of the Democratic Party as Daily Kos.

Actually, speaking as someone who has been reading dailykos since 2005/06 I can say that from what i've noticed the face of it has changed and it's become more Clintonian over the years, and these days is overwhelmingly pro-Hillary with Markos himself endorsing her.

Oh yeah, I know that the owners are pro-Hillary (despite being vehemently against her in 2008), but the rank and file still seems pretty angry about it, from what I've seen/heard.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2015, 05:18:43 AM »

Oh s***, this changes EVERY-THING!!!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2015, 11:47:13 AM »

This is now the birth certificate scandal of the Hillary candidacy

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/573340998287413248
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2015, 01:06:05 PM »

If the cigar fits!😎
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2015, 01:13:29 PM »

They finally got her.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2015, 11:22:55 PM »

Guys, I think this is serious.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2015, 09:37:01 AM »

If she goes,  she goes! Yet another Clinton scalp👍
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2015, 10:20:06 AM »

Seriously pathetic
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2015, 10:20:39 AM »

If she goes,  she goes! Yet another Clinton scalp👍

Have you checked your temperature lately?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2015, 06:25:21 PM »

More like OH THE STUPIDITY.  Yet oddly, it's a good stupidity to have. Because it looks like this will drag out for several months, this is going to use up enough of the political oxygen that it's hard to see how Democratic challengers will be able to gain enough attention for themselves to be able to stop her from getting the nomination.  If the general election were to turn over the candidates' attention to detail then then would be a major problem for Hillary.  But it's going to revolve around political positions, not bureaucratese, so it's unlikely to hurt her in the general.

Still, I don't intend to support her.  Based on her tenure as Secretary of State, I fail to see how she will have the stamina needed to be a two-term president, and I want a president who won't be a lame duck in their first term.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2015, 09:14:41 PM »

On a related note, Lindsey Graham says he's never sent an email:

http://theweek.com/speedreads/543089/senator-lindsey-graham-claims-hes-never-sent-email
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2015, 10:10:28 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I know what it makes him.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2015, 10:47:55 PM »

If this is true, she won't win. But voters in the primaries and in November 2016 may want to focus on the issues. Clinton may have to speak about this as soon as possible if she wants this story to go away.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2015, 11:09:13 PM »

How very Nixonesque.

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2015, 02:39:33 AM »

Apparently, while the State Department has copies of all of the email correspondence between Clinton and other State Department employees, she was also getting "freelance intelligence reports" from Sidney Blumenthal (something which was actually first revealed two years ago), and the State Department doesn't have access to those, and so didn't produce them when asked to in a FOI request:

http://gawker.com/this-is-hillary-clinton-s-secret-email-hdr22-clintonem-1689178736

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2015, 02:54:06 AM »

omfg the faux outrage is unbearably bad
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2015, 03:30:34 AM »

Seriously Beet,  is everything inside the beltway so enamoured with Democrats including Hillary of never doing anything wrong? She breeched various security protocols by going outside the government provided firewall;  why did she need to do this; unless it was to solicit campaign donations to be funnelled through the Clinton Foundation which is bad enough;  but she exposed her emails to hacking possibilities. Having a server out at her home in Chappaqua is not only foolhardy but reckless.  On these points alone, her judgement needs to be questioned. She has quite possibly violated several federal statutes and laws. Her behavior and penchant for secrecy strikes me as very Nixonesque and yes typical Clintonian. Nothing has changed when it comes to the Clinton and rules or laws; they are for everyone else. Is this the standard of behavior to be expecting from a prospective commander in chief? Maybe with you Beet,  it's a case of any illegalities Democrats are engaged in, that's okay.  But if Republicans do likewise,  a Special Counsel is required and retribution is demanded.  So I'm glad the House is controlled by Republicans; it means Trey Goudy, can use his subpoena powers to investigate Hillary's activities.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2015, 03:54:39 AM »

Seriously Beet,  is everything inside the beltway so enamoured with Democrats including Hillary of never doing anything wrong? She breeched various security protocols by going outside the government provided firewall;  why did she need to do this; unless it was to solicit campaign donations to be funnelled through the Clinton Foundation which is bad enough;

As I said a couple of posts ago, she was getting foreign policy advice from outside of government, which she presumably didn't want to be "on the books", and subject to the FOIA at the State Department.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2015, 11:06:23 AM »

Worst.Scandal. Ever

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/mar/07/jeb-bush-scott-walker-hillary-clinton-private-emails
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2015, 03:04:07 AM »

Seriously Beet,  is everything inside the beltway so enamoured with Democrats including Hillary of never doing anything wrong?

Lol. I have been quite critical of Hillary many times before. My current position is that she should not run for office.

Source? A State Department official has denied that Hillary's use of personal email violated rules. Remember, every one of her predecessors also used personal email. A review is still ongoing as to whether she breached security protocol, but that review is based on the content of the emails. The notion that a government provided firewall is automatically more secure is questionable too, given the thousands of employees that can get behind that firewall. The WikiLeaks release of tens of thousands of pages of State Department documents underlines that.

There are many possible reasons why. But you are speculating without any evidence here. Mr. Morden can at least point to the fact that she communicated with Mr. Blumenthal as a proven fact. But there may be other reasons as well. As I said, every Secretary of State until Kerry had a private email.

I have doubts as to whether avoiding FOIA enquiries was the major reason, since if that was the case, she could have split her correspondence, with only those she wanted to hide from the FOIA on her private email. Usually that is how people with something to hide go about it, for it keeps their hidden channel truly hidden. The fact that she was using clintonemail for all her correspondence actually suggests she was not trying to hide it at all.

If we're going to speculate, my hunch is that she did not trust government bureaucrats to keep her email private. As we now know, the NSA alone had 1,000 system administrators with access of everything. If State was anything like that, then high level officials' private correspondence is highly vulnerable to low-level government tech employees.

See above. There are no truly secure systems.

Again, speculation.

This is just a long ad homeneim attack. Do you think name calling and casting aspersions on people is a good way to convince them of your position?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2015, 03:51:53 AM »

Wow, Emailgate is having a disastrous effect upon Hillary's chances it seems. First her favorability drops a massive 0 points in the NBC/WSJ poll, and now she's gained 3 points in Wisconsin. Looks like it's the end of the line for Hillary's political career.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2015, 05:07:46 AM »

now she's gained 3 points in Wisconsin.

link?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2015, 08:58:24 AM »

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/235169-clinton-to-take-questions-on-email-account

t_host1

« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2015, 02:39:13 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2015, 04:18:25 PM by t_host1 »

“Smart Power”- co-mingling personal and business-government business; looking back, ”maybe not so smart” she says, when actually it is from a legal entanglement and a Clinton case.
30,000 private e-mails, 30, 000 business, trust me.
Hillary concludes news conference, all is understood and good. She finished with, " there will not be any changes with my E-Mail system.
I missed who owns and operates her personal server, knowing the Clintons, it is expensed for tax purposes.

I didn’t know it takes a separate device for each e-mail account; Hillarys' stated reason for the why things are.; I must be using my device incorrectly.

Just so there is no confusion, a reminder,  things appearing as scandals to the majority are actually resume enhancement’s for a democrat, confirming, she is all in as the democrat president, where beating the rap, the premium accolade, what the media lives for and measures, as the right stuff  for their president. DO NOT pay any attention that FOX is polling to the contrary.

…also, according to Hillary, if you own your own server nobody is allowed to have access to it. That is, for any phishing or unauthorized entry by authorities or analyst and that is how it will remain, according to CBS news, just now reporting.
 Private ownership of servers will likely follow the same AR15 ammo sales of late; [pubs]we can't access them, we'll outlaw them by memo.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2015, 03:44:41 PM »

http://time.com/3739541/transcript-hillary-clinton-email-press-conference/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies