Ben Carson: Prison makes people go gay (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:27:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ben Carson: Prison makes people go gay (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ben Carson: Prison makes people go gay  (Read 5941 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 04, 2015, 10:54:18 AM »

is he wrong?  otherwise self-styled heterosexuals will find sexual release with other men if no women are available.  I'm sure my solution to this "problem" would be quite different from Carson.

there's also a problem with categorizing people into groups based on their sexuality.  I identify as a heterosexual but can find men attractive, in certain ways at certain times.  a gay friend of mine has had positive sexual experiences with women.  and so on.

'homosexual' and 'heterosexual' are not static identities, strictly speaking.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 11:04:30 AM »

is he wrong?  otherwise self-styled heterosexuals will find sexual release with other men if no women are available.  I'm sure my solution to this "problem" would be quite different from Carson.

there's also a problem with categorizing people into groups based on their sexuality.  I identify as a heterosexual but can find men attractive, in certain ways at certain times.  a gay friend of mine has had positive sexual experiences with women.  and so on.

Carson I think is suggesting that after prison, where women are again available, ex-cons continue to do men, when they had not prior to being incarcerated.

it's not impossible that that's true.  however, if this constitutes a problem, wouldn't the best path to take be a massive reduction in prison populaion?  or at least an expansion of furloughs/conjugal visits?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 11:23:52 AM »

is he wrong?  otherwise self-styled heterosexuals will find sexual release with other men if no women are available.  I'm sure my solution to this "problem" would be quite different from Carson.

there's also a problem with categorizing people into groups based on their sexuality.  I identify as a heterosexual but can find men attractive, in certain ways at certain times.  a gay friend of mine has had positive sexual experiences with women.  and so on.

Carson I think is suggesting that after prison, where women are again available, ex-cons continue to do men, when they had not prior to being incarcerated.

it's not impossible that that's true.  however, if this constitutes a problem, wouldn't the best path to take be a massive reduction in prison populaion?  or at least an expansion of furloughs/conjugal visits?

There is a good case to be made that we have too many folks incarcerated. The risk of their going gay is not one of them.  Being gay is not a problem!  Smiley

agreed, but building a coalition to get people out of prison can include nutters.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 06:42:31 PM »

is he wrong?  otherwise self-styled heterosexuals will find sexual release with other men if no women are available.  I'm sure my solution to this "problem" would be quite different from Carson.

there's also a problem with categorizing people into groups based on their sexuality.  I identify as a heterosexual but can find men attractive, in certain ways at certain times.  a gay friend of mine has had positive sexual experiences with women.  and so on.

it's not impossible that that's true.  however, if this constitutes a problem, wouldn't the best path to take be a massive reduction in prison populaion?  or at least an expansion of furloughs/conjugal visits?

Corrected.

you support current levels of incarceration?  it is good for your particular business, no doubt.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies