Ben Carson: Prison makes people go gay (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:11:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ben Carson: Prison makes people go gay (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ben Carson: Prison makes people go gay  (Read 5971 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 18, 2015, 09:49:43 PM »

Another observation:

You would think that conservatives would much rather homosexuality not be a choice and that gays are "born that way" because that would imply that homosexuality is not something somebody can just "catch".  The "it's a choice" argument seems very weird, especially considering that they could just as easily argue against gay rights because "only a very small portion of the population is born with gay urges and they need to convert."

Oh sh*t, I hope I didn't just give them their next anti-gay talking points.

I watched a documentary about Norwegian academics. One of the things that came up that I found interesting was that sociologists argued that homosexuality was a choice and one of them found himself under fire from his colleagues when he tried to conduct research into the possibility that it was genetic. The rationale was that if homosexuality were genetic, it might be possible to eliminate it (I think, it has been a while since I watched it).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies