Ben Carson: Prison makes people go gay (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:50:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ben Carson: Prison makes people go gay (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ben Carson: Prison makes people go gay  (Read 5970 times)
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« on: March 04, 2015, 07:38:32 PM »

It isn't a choice. To think it could be a choice makes absolutely no sense.
Some people may do an action like a kiss or pretend to be gay or attention, but they aren't actually attracted so that isn't the same thing.

I don't know much about it enough to say if it is genetic, environmental factors, or a combination of things, but I am pretty certain there is no choice in who or what one is attracted to. The only choice is how you act.

And I agree that even if it were a choice that that wouldn't warrant discrimination being acceptable. Religion IS a choice, but we don't allow discrimination on that.

Social conservatism can be good on a personal level. You may believe certain things are wrong even if no one is harmed and thus refrain from them. The problem comes when you want to put these views into law. There generally is no good argument for making them into law and thus no matter how intelligent one may be in general they come off sounding rather stupid when they advocate social conservative policy. Carson is no doubt an intelligent person in general, I don't think one can really become a doctor, especially one of his standing, if they aren't. However, he comes off sounding dumb do to advocating social conservative policy. Unfortunately a lot of social conservatives don't realize this because they share the desire of wanted such views legislated and therefore a lot of strange comments can be made when running in a party full of social conservatives.

I can go back to when I first got in politics and when I was politically socially conservative. I know I made a lot of strange comments back then that look quite stupid to me now. This kind of stuff is unfortunate because it makes a lot of people who are general good people look pretty bad.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies