Cris and Windjammer Senate tracker (now a more qualitative analysis of activity)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:48:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Cris and Windjammer Senate tracker (now a more qualitative analysis of activity)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Cris and Windjammer Senate tracker (now a more qualitative analysis of activity)  (Read 3997 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2015, 07:09:17 PM »

This is great information Cris and Windjammer. Sorry for questioning you guys earlier.
I know we don't have really "good relations" right now Maxwell. But seriously, you did nothing wrong. You have the right to question us!
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2015, 07:11:08 PM »

Who recruited Turkisblau, who's trying to revitalize the Pacific, as Flo has done with the IDS? That was me.

I appreciate the appreciation.

Toss someone in that Council seat and I'll give you some credit.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2015, 07:23:39 PM »

Who recruited Turkisblau, who's trying to revitalize the Pacific, as Flo has done with the IDS? That was me.

Who are you to tell me what to do? You don't know who I've asked or what I've done.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2015, 07:36:22 PM »

Who are you to tell me what to do? You don't know who I've asked or what I've done.

I mean I can think of at least two candidates who would probably take the job if offered - one of whom is most likely hungry to prove he's a good councilor.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2015, 07:39:38 PM »

I mean I can think of at least two candidates who would probably take the job if offered - one of whom is most likely hungry to prove he's a good councilor.

Perhaps, but the people who I've asked- and I don't quite think I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel just quite yet- are either unwilling or declined in favor of other posts.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2015, 07:42:58 PM »

I mean it is obvious that Simfan is looking for right-wingers to fill the seat, which is perfectly within his mandate to do, but sooner or later a decision will have to be made.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2015, 07:44:10 PM »

I mean it is obvious that Simfan is looking for right-wingers to fill the seat, which is perfectly within his mandate to do, but sooner or later a decision will have to be made.

Well yes, of course I am. A broad definition of right-wing, maybe, but this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2015, 07:44:54 PM »

Yeah it's kind of good for a council to have all the spots filled especially if there's only 3 councilors.

Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2015, 07:50:33 PM »

Thank you Smiley, but I doubt it would be a fraction as active as it is today without this (agreeable/productive) legislature of X, Maxwell, and Duke.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2015, 07:54:34 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2015, 07:56:12 PM by Governor Simfan34 »

Perhaps we wouldn't be in this situation at all, had some people not connived to get the Intell fellow elected in the first place, in which case we'd have a full Legislative Council... don't you think?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2015, 07:58:03 PM »

Perhaps, but the people who I've asked- and I don't quite think I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel just quite yet- are either unwilling or declined in favor of other posts.

Oh, so it's that. Gotcha.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2015, 08:37:43 PM »

Perhaps we wouldn't be in this situation at all, had some people not connived to get the Intell fellow elected in the first place, in which case we'd have a full Legislative Council... don't you think?

How could I have known that Intell would do something as stupid as that? Flo, Cranberry, and I agreed that he showed a lot of promise - and he even submitted legislation before his resignation.

Trying to pin this on me is just low.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2015, 10:13:38 PM »

How could I have known that Intell would do something as stupid as that? Flo, Cranberry, and I agreed that he showed a lot of promise - and he even submitted legislation before his resignation.

Trying to pin this on me is just low.

Who knows. But this is just where we are right now.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2015, 05:58:17 AM »

This seems to have been lost from the attention within this whole debate, but wow, that's some interesting stuff Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2015, 10:06:51 AM »

This seems to have been lost from the attention within this whole debate, but wow, that's some interesting stuff Tongue
Thank you Cranberry.
Yes, Cris is doing an amazing stuff and I can't wait for the other results Smiley.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2015, 11:00:33 AM »

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2015, 11:11:09 AM »

Really interesting. Quite surprised!
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2015, 01:03:55 PM »

Wow, that Cris is so similar to bore in terms of votes!
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2015, 01:14:18 PM »

I've actually heard info myself and I've come to a conclusion that Simfan is still looking for someone. My apologies to him.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2015, 02:23:22 PM »

Wow, that Cris is so similar to bore in terms of votes!

Not only that, but so dissimilar to Lief and TNF. Bore's voting record seems a little different from his party's other Senators.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2015, 05:58:38 PM »

Maybe bore is the President the right has been waiting for Wink
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2015, 02:22:48 PM »

Sorry for the delay. I'll have updates tomorrow.
Foucaulf
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2015, 03:12:58 PM »

Correlation charts like the ones Cris just made are a much better way of conveying information. Here's something else you could try: classify Senators into groups if every member in the group has a same vote percentage above a certain threshold (80%, let's say). Then you can map it and show ideological blocs in the Senate.

Hopefully you're inputting this into a spreadsheet and not recomputing it each time, since with data encoded you can easily repeat these calculations for subsets of legislation, like only social issues bills or economic ones.

For what it's worth, in this thread I'm speaking Out Of Character
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2015, 03:16:52 PM »

By the way Foucaulf, for what is worth, even if your current character is basically "MUH LABOR", I do like you at personal level. I find your speech to be hilarious (like when you compare me with Beria hahahahaha) and I respect your political skills in the game too (you almost toppled an incumbent laborite governor in the most laborite region).
So if you have any advice to give in order to improve this tracker, you're more than welcome Smiley.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2015, 12:10:17 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies