Describe a Humphrey 1968/Schmitz 1972/Carter 1976 voter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:32:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Describe a Humphrey 1968/Schmitz 1972/Carter 1976 voter
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe a Humphrey 1968/Schmitz 1972/Carter 1976 voter  (Read 617 times)
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 04, 2015, 01:52:43 PM »

If you please.
"'Oeps!' De blunders van Rick Perry Indicted"
DarthNader

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 01:55:22 PM »

Hated Nixon.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 02:11:34 PM »

Very conservative Democrat, perhaps from the South. Logic may have been something like this...

1968: "My daddy was a Democrat. My granddaddy was a Democrat. I'm a Democrat. Hubert Humphrey's a union-lovin' Yankee but at least he ain't no Republican!"

1972: "The world I growed up in is goin' to Hell, what with the commies and the hippies and the women wearin' pants. What's wrong with this country when some Viet Cong-lovin' red like George McGovern is runnin' for president? I ain't votin' for him and I sure as hell ain't votin' for no damn Republican. This Schmitz guy seems all right. He's a good Christian - even if he's a Catholic. He's got some common sense."

1976: "I told you Nixon was crooked as a fence after a tornado - that's why I ain't never votin' for no damn Republicans! Who the hell is Gerald Ford? What kind of man lets his wife go around talkin' about breast cancer and abortions and drugs like she does? He ain't right in the head. At least the Democrats picked a good Southern boy this time, maybe he'll go up to Washington and kick all those pointy-headed Yankees out and set things right."
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies