Should Israel be returned to Palestine? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:24:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Should Israel be returned to Palestine? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should Israel be returned to Palestine?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: Should Israel be returned to Palestine?  (Read 2322 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« on: March 04, 2015, 10:10:38 PM »

Palestine was not an independent nation when it was given to Israel. It has been a colonial holding of various empires since it was conquered.

Thus, there is no "returned". Unless you're nostalgic for the British mandate, which was certainly not about to grant it independence.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 10:46:15 PM »

Palestine was not an independent nation when it was given to Israel. It has been a colonial holding of various empires since it was conquered.

Thus, there is no "returned". Unless you're nostalgic for the British mandate, which was certainly not about to grant it independence.

You conveniently behave as though the people who were living there the whole time didn't exist then and don't exist now and would be perfectly fine with living in a country that would treat them as second-class citizens because they don't fit into the prevailing conception of national identity.

Yeah, sure would have been nice if the initial partition had gone over without expulsions or attempted mass murders. I think it was an attempt to create some sense of peace there on the part of the UN. Alas, humanity.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 11:23:49 PM »

No, they should both be nuked, because if the world's major religions can't learn to share, then no one gets the land.
^^ I concur with the above sentiment Wink

Israel has nukes too.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 11:40:30 PM »

No, they should both be nuked, because if the world's major religions can't learn to share, then no one gets the land.

Israel has nukes too.
Perfect! The multiplyer effect from the detonations means we can use less of our own nuclear weapons. Gosh, ain't this a grand ol' plan? Cheesy

Boom boom, y'all!

I'm glad you find the potential death of another six million Jews to be hilarious. Just remember that unlike in every other case like this, they're no longer defenseless.

The world as a whole would be wise to remember this.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 11:52:45 PM »

Israel has nukes too.
Perfect! The multiplyer effect from the detonations means we can use less of our own nuclear weapons. Gosh, ain't this a grand ol' plan? Cheesy

Boom boom, y'all!

I'm glad you find the potential death of another six million Jews to be hilarious. Just remember that unlike in every other case like this, they're no longer defenseless.

The world as a whole would be wise to remember this.
Lighten up, for Chrissakes.

You started this conversation with the topic of nuking my family. That's not something I'm ever going to take lightly.

If you're not Jewish, you can't possibly understand that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies