Public Office of the Bore/Cincy Administration (Notices)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:32:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Office of the Bore/Cincy Administration (Notices)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Public Office of the Bore/Cincy Administration (Notices)  (Read 13370 times)
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2015, 02:06:21 PM »

OK, I have now got my computer back, which I guess is good news for me and bad news for the baying mob outside Tongue If anyone was wondering why the thread was locked it must have been an accident when using my mobile (trying to do so for this forum is impossible, which is why I'm sure you'll forgive me for not attempting to)

Regarding the TNF thing obviously I'm strongly against it and will do everything I can to stop it. If it exists. But it seems to me that everyone has lost their marbles over this. As far as I'm concerned, as I have been since the aftermath of DemPGH's resignation, something is not real until the GM speaks on it. DKrol has not indicated if there is an actual dictatorship of the proletariat (In the Year of Our Lord 2015) so to send in the troops or behead TNF or anything else would just be daft. Regarding his statements I haven't read them so I don't know if they are treasonous or whatever else. That can be decided later.

Turning now to the Attorney General, I don't know and was not informed what the evidence is in any prosecutions or lack of prosecutions. I have always let my cabinet act independently. If the senate wants to impeach Al then I can not and will not stop them, but I am not going to prejudge that either.

Finally regarding the, frankly, bizarre allegations that I've committed treason by suggesting a reboot not a reform (which, for what it is worth, is winning by a large margin in BK's poll) I've always said that I regard the two as basically the same thing, but would prefer a reform because it is a tidier ending and a more structured beginning. That said, the Constitutional Convention has ground to a halt and the senate has basically packed up it's bags so you'll forgive me if it seems like the time has come for a different approach. It's also worth saying that any reform which doesn't involve a legislative reset and a different type of government is not worthy of the name.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2015, 02:08:21 PM »

Let's be clear about this: the moron faction have lost whatever minds they previously possessed. It's hilarious.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2015, 05:16:03 PM »

Regarding the TNF thing obviously I'm strongly against it and will do everything I can to stop it. If it exists. But it seems to me that everyone has lost their marbles over this. As far as I'm concerned, as I have been since the aftermath of DemPGH's resignation, something is not real until the GM speaks on it. DKrol has not indicated if there is an actual dictatorship of the proletariat (In the Year of Our Lord 2015) so to send in the troops or behead TNF or anything else would just be daft. Regarding his statements I haven't read them so I don't know if they are treasonous or whatever else. That can be decided later.

With all due respect, Mr. President, that's mularkey. DKrol has said a lot about TNF's dictatorship, I'm not sure what you're looking for that he hasn't given.

Turning now to the Attorney General, I don't know and was not informed what the evidence is in any prosecutions or lack of prosecutions. I have always let my cabinet act independently. If the senate wants to impeach Al then I can not and will not stop them, but I am not going to prejudge that either.

You appointed the cabinet, you're the head of the executive branch, and the executive of the nation. If that doesn't give you authority to use the bully pulpit to speak about the cabinet, I don't know what else does.

Finally regarding the, frankly, bizarre allegations that I've committed treason by suggesting a reboot not a reform (which, for what it is worth, is winning by a large margin in BK's poll) I've always said that I regard the two as basically the same thing, but would prefer a reform because it is a tidier ending and a more structured beginning. That said, the Constitutional Convention has ground to a halt and the senate has basically packed up it's bags so you'll forgive me if it seems like the time has come for a different approach. It's also worth saying that any reform which doesn't involve a legislative reset and a different type of government is not worthy of the name.

You seem vastly more reasonable than some people calling for Atlasia's abolition, but when the President calls for an end to the current Atlasia and then proceeds to be silent during a time of turmoil in his nation, it's not to far-fetched to assume that that President has checked out until a reset happens.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2015, 05:20:55 PM »

Mr. President how do you condemn treason while defending not being online for a day
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2015, 09:18:44 PM »

It seems to me that the Senate has unpacked its bags in light of this crisis. I applaud you deploying forces to meet TNF, but there is still a step to be taken. Do the right thing, Mr. President. Dismiss the Attorney General.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2015, 09:41:32 AM »

I'm reluctant to do anything with regard to the (unjustly) banned Griffin issue for a few more days until the dust clears and we discover what's happened
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2015, 02:07:06 AM »

I'm reluctant to do anything with regard to the (unjustly) banned Griffin issue for a few more days until the dust clears and we discover what's happened

I agree with this decision. Legislation currently working is way towards your desk would mandate a waiting period as well and considering the complexity of the present situation, such is especially necessary because we just don't know what the mods will do. Hopefully they do the right thing.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2015, 12:59:31 PM »

If anyone wants to be VP, SoIA or AG, please contact me via pm

When Griffin's ban expires (sometime in the next week I believe) I will reappoint him RG
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2015, 09:52:27 AM »

I'm not expecting much given the general lack of applicatinos before, but if anyone who is interested in any cabinet position please contact me.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2015, 04:42:31 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2015, 04:44:25 PM by At-large Senator Kalwejt »

I'm not expecting much given the general lack of applicatinos before, but if anyone who is interested in any cabinet position please contact me.

You really should be more assertive, that is actually offer someone, you think would do a good job, a cabinet position instead of just "I'm waiting for applications, but nothing is happening, oh well...". Such reasoning is a big problem in this game and should finally change.

For once take some bloody initiative, man. Especially in this situation.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2015, 05:40:04 PM »

If wouldn't lose my current job pacific councilor I would shoot a PM, but I don't really know
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2015, 01:38:10 AM »

You really should be more assertive, that is actually offer someone, you think would do a good job, a cabinet position instead of just "I'm waiting for applications, but nothing is happening, oh well...". Such reasoning is a big problem in this game and should finally change.

For once take some bloody initiative, man. Especially in this situation.

Exactly, take more action than simply a single post asking people. This is an improvement, sure, but it's not that hard to take it a step further. In less than a week as Governor, I appointed 2 legislators and a judicial overlord. If someone with only a months experience in government can fill every vacancy in less than a week with only a region to pick from, certainly a President in his second term can fill some vacancies with the whole nation to pick from, right?
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2015, 04:30:02 PM »

Yesterday, after much thought and reflection, I signed an executive order recognising South America in the Mock Parliament board. To those banging on about this being the senate's responsibility I just don't buy that. In the US, as I understand it recognition has always been the president's responsibility not the legislatures, and I see no reason why this should be different.

The reasons for recognition itself are fairly simple. Recognition is the most basic of all relationships states have, from it, all other things follow. To build a playable relationship we must first recognise South America, then we can work out specifics.

Finally, it is a lot easier to untie than to tie. If relationships don't work we can easily end them and pretend they never existed with no real loss, but if we don't try we'll never know.

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2015, 04:51:48 PM »

With all due respect, Mr. President, this is not a matter of ordinary diplomatic recognition of a new state. Your executive order had the effect of introducing a second playable government into the Atlasian universe, something that has never before existed in the history of the game. That is a major decision that has the potential to completely revolutionize Atlasia, and it is nonsensical to state that one man should be able to unilaterally make that decision over the objections of the people and the largest branch of the government.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2015, 06:21:08 PM »

Just to leave a note to say that whatever the outcome of the trial I plan on reappointing Griffin as RG.

The trial is basically about whether he's legitimately RG at the moment so there's no point appointing  because that assumes he's not RG at the moment, which prejudges the outcome.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2015, 05:23:52 PM »

A few brief points:

I would like to congratulate Adam Griffin and all the winners of the recent election, I'm sure they will do atlasia proud

I would like to thank former Justice oakvale for his service on the supreme court.

I would like to announce that I am nominating Bacon King to replace him. Normally I would have waited longer to make a decision but I know that, simply put, there is no other candidate who knows as much as she does about atlasia so it was an easy choice.

I know that many atlasians will be looking forward to me going, which will happen soon, and all that is left for me to do over the next week is to induct a few new members into the order of atlasia and make my farewell speech.

Thank you
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2015, 05:44:24 PM »

Well, Mr. President we have definitely had many disagreements but I do thank you for serving our country in the many ways you have as Senator, Speaker of the Senate, President, ConCon Delegate and the many more ways that you strive to make this a fun game.

Thank You,
Pacific Speaker Classic Conservative
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2015, 05:56:10 PM »

Mr. President,

I too would like to thank you for your service to the country and hope you will continue to be a force for better in this game. Though you probably would have been better off without the second term (Wink), you have a long history of contributing and improving the game. From running a series of strong campaigns as NE Senator leading to tight race after tight race, to cleaning up old laws, to administering the Senate in a fair and impartial way and being one of the few to discuss a reassessment of power distribution.

Thank You,
NC Yankee
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2015, 06:17:53 PM »

I have always liked you bore but this is sad that the degree of intoxication of the IRC has consumed your brain.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2015, 07:44:44 PM »

Unfortunately a lot of the people I wanted to induct (Nix, cincy etc) had already been inducted, but these people are all just as worthy of this honour:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Anyway, that's a wrap, people. I'll have longer remarks out tomorrow but I'd just like to thank everyone for everything.

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2015, 08:12:22 PM »

Thank you, Mr. President, for the honor and for your service.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2015, 09:17:19 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2015, 09:20:17 PM by Barnes »

Many thanks, Mr. President.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2015, 11:58:26 PM »

As I said in the official thread, I'm deeply honoured Mr President.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies