Public Office of the Bore/Cincy Administration (Notices) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:51:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Office of the Bore/Cincy Administration (Notices) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Office of the Bore/Cincy Administration (Notices)  (Read 13396 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« on: July 18, 2015, 07:56:43 PM »

Mr. President, will the White House take action to crush the so called "revolution" by Governor TNF?

They should. Unless he's just given up on being President.

The Attorney General charges Yankee with treason, the President calls for an end to the nation, but TNF declares a communist revolution and...silence.

It's farcical.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 11:45:43 PM »

This is a deeply and seriously troubling set of situations.

I would have hoped and expected the President to have shown greater leadership at this time of crisis. Whether or not he believes in dissolution, Atlasia still exists and he is still President.

In the absence of Presidential action, Article I, Section 5, Clause 23 of the Atlasian Constitution gives the Senate the power to "provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions."

Just saying.

Just because the Senate should take action doesn't mean the President should not.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 01:24:19 AM »

Just because the Senate should take action doesn't mean the President should not.

I never said that.  I've already called on the President to take action in his official White House thread.  My point is that if President Bore does not take action against the rebellious, treasonous TNF, the Senate can.

I agree. I misunderstood your post as defending the President's inaction. But yeah, the Senate should do something as well.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 05:16:03 PM »

Regarding the TNF thing obviously I'm strongly against it and will do everything I can to stop it. If it exists. But it seems to me that everyone has lost their marbles over this. As far as I'm concerned, as I have been since the aftermath of DemPGH's resignation, something is not real until the GM speaks on it. DKrol has not indicated if there is an actual dictatorship of the proletariat (In the Year of Our Lord 2015) so to send in the troops or behead TNF or anything else would just be daft. Regarding his statements I haven't read them so I don't know if they are treasonous or whatever else. That can be decided later.

With all due respect, Mr. President, that's mularkey. DKrol has said a lot about TNF's dictatorship, I'm not sure what you're looking for that he hasn't given.

Turning now to the Attorney General, I don't know and was not informed what the evidence is in any prosecutions or lack of prosecutions. I have always let my cabinet act independently. If the senate wants to impeach Al then I can not and will not stop them, but I am not going to prejudge that either.

You appointed the cabinet, you're the head of the executive branch, and the executive of the nation. If that doesn't give you authority to use the bully pulpit to speak about the cabinet, I don't know what else does.

Finally regarding the, frankly, bizarre allegations that I've committed treason by suggesting a reboot not a reform (which, for what it is worth, is winning by a large margin in BK's poll) I've always said that I regard the two as basically the same thing, but would prefer a reform because it is a tidier ending and a more structured beginning. That said, the Constitutional Convention has ground to a halt and the senate has basically packed up it's bags so you'll forgive me if it seems like the time has come for a different approach. It's also worth saying that any reform which doesn't involve a legislative reset and a different type of government is not worthy of the name.

You seem vastly more reasonable than some people calling for Atlasia's abolition, but when the President calls for an end to the current Atlasia and then proceeds to be silent during a time of turmoil in his nation, it's not to far-fetched to assume that that President has checked out until a reset happens.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 01:38:10 AM »

I'm not expecting much given the general lack of applicatinos before, but if anyone who is interested in any cabinet position please contact me.

You really should be more assertive, that is actually offer someone, you think would do a good job, a cabinet position instead of just "I'm waiting for applications, but nothing is happening, oh well...". Such reasoning is a big problem in this game and should finally change.

For once take some bloody initiative, man. Especially in this situation.

Exactly, take more action than simply a single post asking people. This is an improvement, sure, but it's not that hard to take it a step further. In less than a week as Governor, I appointed 2 legislators and a judicial overlord. If someone with only a months experience in government can fill every vacancy in less than a week with only a region to pick from, certainly a President in his second term can fill some vacancies with the whole nation to pick from, right?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies