NE3: Restoration of the Arts Amendment (Signed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:02:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NE3: Restoration of the Arts Amendment (Signed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NE3: Restoration of the Arts Amendment (Signed)  (Read 1363 times)
pikachu
United States

« on: March 07, 2015, 04:42:58 PM »

The original text was kind of idiotic and although this is an improvement, I still don't see the point of this...like I'd rather our anthem not be some internet meme from the 2000s which was sung by a man from the country which so valiantly fought against almost 250 years ago. If we really wanted to protect the arts, we might as well just guarantee funds for arts programs in public schools...
pikachu
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 09:22:01 PM »

Maybe we should include a fund to protect the arts from cuts in public schools? I think that'd be a more concrete way to achieve the (presumed) goals of this bill.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 04:06:15 PM »

I also really don't think that the regional government should be commanding to schools what they should be playing over their intercoms. That's probably one of the places where local control makes more sense.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 06:01:34 PM »

Abstain.

I'm not fan of this amendment, but voting Nay on it would help to keep the original version, and I'd rather not do that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies