McClatchy-Marist Poll: Hillary starts to feel the heat already
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:27:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  McClatchy-Marist Poll: Hillary starts to feel the heat already
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: McClatchy-Marist Poll: Hillary starts to feel the heat already  (Read 4223 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2015, 05:13:18 AM »

And if she does run, I think she should expect the same kind of coverage of her from now until November '16... she will make mistakes and they will be thrown into her face like a category 5 hurricane. If she thinks she can win in spite of that, then by all means...
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2015, 05:25:02 AM »

Dems will nominate the candidate that they think will win the W.H.  She almost is the most experienced to run. 

Biden, Webb and O'Malley are guys but the Dems nominated the same kind of candidates in 2000 and 2004 and got a negative reation to voters and voted for the GoP candidate.

Women appeal to Clinton, just like Blacks appealed to Obama, and the more contrast the Dems does against the GoP, they will win. Clinton by far is the better of the other three candidates.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2015, 05:29:31 AM »

Sure, Clinton is better than Biden (despite the forum's strange love for him, he wouldn't be a very good candidate), Webb, and O'Malley, but that's not saying much. There more I think about it, the more the absolute poverty of the Dem bench sticks out this cycle. In a lot of ways it's little better than the GOP clown car of '12. Warren seems too far to the left, but I admit she has an outside chance of being an actually good candidate...
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2015, 05:42:18 AM »

I assume you mean Bill in this case?  I mean, we learned in the 90s that he finds quite a few women to be appealing.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2015, 10:31:12 AM »

All I want to say IceSpear is: Just don't be too surprised (or disappointed) if President-elect Scott Walker or Jeb Bush give their victory speech on Nov. 8, 2016 - while a (crying ?) Hillary Clinton announces her retirement from politics. For good.

Hillary A) does not fire up the Democratic base and B) she may very well be a reason why Indies will stay home in droves. It all happened back in 2000 too (and 2016 is shaping up like 2000 again). There's no reason to believe that 2016 will be a high turnout election like 2008/2012, which will favour the Republicans (especially after the Dem. disaster in 2014).

I'll ask you again how you feel about her chances in a few months when she has announced her candidacy and already has negative favorable ratings and trails Bush and Walker in the polls ...

Fantasizing much?
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2015, 11:14:27 AM »

Let's get real.  Nothing significant has happened to Hillary Clinton since she left the Secretary of State office.  There were people back then who only liked her because she was an example of a non-Obama Democrat and she seemed more hawkish and non-partisan.  Since then, people have just come back to their partisan view of her as a potential candidate.

And, on the Republican side, there's nobody who has established an appealing national persona.  Nobody has really made an impression yet. 

So, cool your jets.
Basically this
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2015, 11:28:04 AM »

Congratulations, President-elect Walker! I mean, being down only 4 in one poll obviously means he's got this race in the bag, just like Sestak.

On a side note, while Walker's low name recognition likely means his numbers will improve in the Republican primaries, don't assume the same is true for the GE. Conservatives might like Walker more and more the more they learn about him, but the opposite will be true for liberals.
"'Oeps!' De blunders van Rick Perry Indicted"
DarthNader

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2015, 12:28:49 PM »

It's a 50/50-mix of her own baggage and persona and the fact that 2016 could see record lows in turnout, like in 2000, and a Democratic fatigue after 8 years of Obama.

2000 wasn't record low turnout; it was higher than '88 or '96, and began a trend of higher turnout that continued through the next two elections. A big reason Gore won the popular vote/Democrats picked up seats -- in contradiction of most polling -- was unexpectedly high participation by blacks, union members, and Hispanics.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2015, 04:34:52 PM »

IceSpear, don't tell me that a lead that substantial that you flaunting constantly being cut in HALF IN A WEEK isn't reason for alarm

When did I ever flaunt this?

Like I said, I (along with the rest of the Forum) has already accepted that Hillary isn't going to win in a massive landslide a long time ago. So why would I be concerned if the polls begin to reflect a more modest win? Not to mention the fact that: a) this is a single poll and b) only Walker is outperforming McCain in it.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2015, 04:38:11 PM »

All I want to say IceSpear is: Just don't be too surprised (or disappointed) if President-elect Scott Walker or Jeb Bush give their victory speech on Nov. 8, 2016 - while a (crying ?) Hillary Clinton announces her retirement from politics. For good.

Hillary A) does not fire up the Democratic base and B) she may very well be a reason why Indies will stay home in droves. It all happened back in 2000 too (and 2016 is shaping up like 2000 again). There's no reason to believe that 2016 will be a high turnout election like 2008/2012, which will favour the Republicans (especially after the Dem. disaster in 2014).

I'll ask you again how you feel about her chances in a few months when she has announced her candidacy and already has negative favorable ratings and trails Bush and Walker in the polls ...

Except I've never said or thought Hillary was guaranteed to be the next president. So I'm not sure what your point is there.

As I've already said, you're objectively wrong about her not firing up the Democratic base. Every poll proves otherwise. Empirical evidence > anecdotal evidence and your personal feelings.

LOL, okay. Only time will tell on that, so I guess we'll see.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2015, 02:19:51 PM »

Favorability ratings usually drop substantially as the ads begin. If Hillary numbers are at just 48/45 now then it will be in negative in no time. Walker has a lot of breathing room.
"'Oeps!' De blunders van Rick Perry Indicted"
DarthNader

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2015, 03:20:08 PM »

Favorability ratings usually drop substantially as the ads begin. If Hillary numbers are at just 48/45 now then it will be in negative in no time. Walker has a lot of breathing room.

Hillary is so little-known by the general public that I'm sure a few negative ads will really define her.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2015, 06:24:55 PM »

Hillary is so little-known by the general public that I'm sure a few negative ads will really define her.

Yes, and there will be no negative ads against the Republicans, only Hillary.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2015, 09:01:04 AM »

There will be an onslaught of ads though against her due to her inevitability
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2015, 10:29:52 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2015, 11:33:07 AM by Tender Branson »

There will be an onslaught of ads though against her due to her inevitability

Are you **********?  
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies