Well, look what HE's doing to US now... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:10:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Well, look what HE's doing to US now... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Well, look what HE's doing to US now...  (Read 26636 times)
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« on: April 26, 2005, 01:13:08 PM »

Very interesting Lewis. Smiley But where's the maps?! Angry
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 01:29:57 PM »

Muon: See the first post. Just before the smilie. Smiley
Immy: Coming soon.
WMS: Your job. Grin

Yeah, I'll get to those...in 2006... Tongue
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 04:29:45 PM »

Changed some seat names in the Mountains.
I'll have to transfer Sierra County out of the Alamogordo seat, it's divided from the remainder of the seat by a missile range. Probably exchange it for Socorro.
Edit: Done.

Interesting. What 'building blocks' are you using to create the districts, anyway? Counties and...?
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 12:50:42 PM »

Changed some seat names in the Mountains.
I'll have to transfer Sierra County out of the Alamogordo seat, it's divided from the remainder of the seat by a missile range. Probably exchange it for Socorro.
Edit: Done.

Interesting. What 'building blocks' are you using to create the districts, anyway? Counties and...?
the next level down. Basically after I've created and, in most cases, posted, the districts I'm looking at another, offline, more goegraphical map to see if what I've written makes any sense at all. In some of the worst cases, I've made changes afterwards.

Btw, when I wrote "that means you" in the NM article, I meant you.

OK, got it. And I figured you were referring to me, I've just been (and likely will be for much of the next month) too busy to give this the attention it deserves. Wink
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 12:25:30 PM »

New Mexico.
1,819 Mio inhabitants.
18 seats.

Theoretical entitlements:
Bernalillo 557K - 6 seats. I ended up pairing this with Valencia (66K) however.
Dona Ana - 175K - 2 seats.
Sandoval - 90K. 1 seat.
San Juan - 114K. 1 seat.
Santa Fe - 129K. 1 seat & part of one.
Left me with 756K (or 690K after Valencia) for 6 seats and a (large) part of one.

I'm not comfy with a few of the pairings below, and if someone (yes, looking at you) can produce a better outline you're totally welcome to post it.

SHIPROCK & FARMINGTON
San Juan County. 114K.
GALLUP & ZUNI
McKinley & Cibola counties. 101K.
SANDOVAL
Sandoval County. 90K
SANTA FE
Santa Fe and Santa Fe South CCDs of Santa Fe County. 112K.
TAOS & LOS ALAMOS
Santa Fe North CCD; Los Alamos, Rio Arriba, and Taos counties. 106K
LAS VEGAS & TUCUMCARI
Colfax, Mora, San Miguel, Harding, Union, Quay, Guadalupe, Torrance, and DeBaca counties. 88K.
CLOVIS & HOBBS
Curry, Roosevelt, Lea counties. 119K
ROSWELL & CARLSBAD
Chaves, Eddy. 113K.
ALAMOGORDO & SOCORRO
Otero, Lincoln, and Socorro counties. 99K.
LAS CRUCES
Las Cruces CCD of Dona Ana County. 87K.
DONA ANA
Remainder of Dona Ana County. 88K.
SILVER CITY
Sierra, Catron, Grant, Luna, Hidalgo counties. 84K.
VALENCIA & ISLETA
Valencia County; Isleta Pueblo, Bernalillo East, Bernalillo West CCDs of Bernalillo County. 88K.
ALBUQUERQUE 1-5 (cardinal points)
Albuquerque CCD. 535K.

WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 01:04:59 PM »

Thanks. Kiki I had some idle moments at work so I took care of this, using my unfair advantages of a decent connection, lots o' storage space, and good Arc programs (although it is possible for anyone to do this with free software such as ArcExplorer). I have no idea how I'm going to divvy up Albuquerque's 5 seats, since the precinct lines don't necessarily follow the boundary between Bernalillo West CCD and Albuquerque CCD (don't get me started on the precinct boundaries...).

And to Muon2: please, condense those links - they're stretching the screen. Easiest way is to do it like this:

{[}url=http://{whatever the link is}]{text in place of the link such as Neighborhoods}{[}/url{]} And remove the {}. Smiley
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 04:02:47 PM »

Thanks. Kiki I had some idle moments at work so I took care of this, using my unfair advantages of a decent connection, lots o' storage space, and good Arc programs (although it is possible for anyone to do this with free software such as ArcExplorer). I have no idea how I'm going to divvy up Albuquerque's 5 seats, since the precinct lines don't necessarily follow the boundary between Bernalillo West CCD and Albuquerque CCD (don't get me started on the precinct boundaries...).

And to Muon2: please, condense those links - they're stretching the screen. Easiest way is to do it like this:

{[}url=http://{whatever the link is}]{text in place of the link such as Neighborhoods}{[}/url{]} And remove the {}. Smiley

I thought that URLs couldn't be embedded if they contained an = character. Tongue That used to be true on the site, but if it's changed let me know and I'll make the necessary corrections.

It's worked pretty well for me having the url= the link - in fact, I think the code requires the = to be there for this to work. Smiley
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005, 05:02:02 PM »

I thought that URLs couldn't be embedded if they contained an = character. Tongue That used to be true on the site, but if it's changed let me know and I'll make the necessary corrections.

It's worked pretty well for me having the url= the link - in fact, I think the code requires the = to be there for this to work. Smiley

I've fixed it now. One of the upgrades must have fixed this from a year ago. The problem was not with the url=, but with an url that have an = within it. In any case, it's no longer a problem. Cheesy

Excellent. Cool And thanks!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies