Civic Renewal - Party Convention! (Platform)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:29:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Civic Renewal - Party Convention! (Platform)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Civic Renewal - Party Convention! (Platform)  (Read 2369 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 07, 2015, 06:12:57 PM »
« edited: March 31, 2015, 12:11:21 PM by Lumine »

Convention Time!

Civic Renewal's first convention is being held at Boise, Idaho.

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the first Convention of Civic Renewal!

This Convention will be the perfect time for all of us to work to craft the party we want, and I believe we will have a very positive result once we have solved the issues to solve. We have to elect our leadership, craft our platform, discuss name, symbols and songs and show to Atlasia that we are ready for success as a party currently tied for the fourth largest party of the nation.

While I apologize for choosing a place without a vote (mostly to save time), the selection of Boise, Idaho was a natural given the recent terrorist attacks in the Pacific Region and the need for Atlasia to take a stand against the actions of these extremists. Nothing better for us than to hold our Convention here, and prove that we must now allow these actions to affect our daily lives.

And that's for the start, please enjoy yourselves, relax and prepare to organize what I feel will be a truly fantastic party!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 06:15:29 PM »

First order of business is, of course, to sign in, but since we do have a lot of pressing matters, I also feel it's important to solve the leadership elections soon. As a result, we will use the next 48 hours both to sign-in and declare for leadership positions, and then we will vote. The offices available are Party Chairman, Vice-Chairman and Secretary, and I hope we will be able to have a lot of participation here.

And before I forget, I'd like to extend my personal welcome to Dkrolga to this party, it's great to have him here!

x LumineVonReuental
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 06:15:56 PM »

Wait,
You're choosing the place of your convention in the town where there were terrorist attacks recently?
It's dangerous, isn't it? Tongue
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 06:37:34 PM »

xrpryor03
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 06:43:23 PM »

I would like to speak to this convention as to why I believe there is a rational case in endorsing me in the upcoming at-large Senate special election.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 05:51:19 AM »

If I may, I guess I can welcome this party and you all to the Pacific. It is always great to see a major party's convention here, especially as a boost for the region's economy! Wink
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 07:58:56 AM »

x Cris
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 09:05:26 AM »
« Edited: March 08, 2015, 09:40:33 AM by Sec. of State Superique »

Although I'm not a member of the Civic Renewal, I still believe that it is a strong and important political force that could create an alternative center-right for this nation. I think that we currently don't have another political force of opposition which can balance Labor strength and that needs to be done for the sake of our democracy. Hence, although I have no powers here, I strongly wish that I can help CR members to develop a new approach to the center-right, in a way that it can have a broader range of support and can reach a good chunk of the electorate.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 09:22:53 AM »

I wish to seek your party's support in the coming At-Large Senate special election.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2015, 10:25:58 AM »

x Wulfric
Foucaulf
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 12:32:02 PM »

I would also wish to address your party on an endorsement in the upcoming special election. (We'll have more Senate candidates than party members speaking at this rate!)
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2015, 12:26:20 AM »

X Spamage
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2015, 12:27:01 AM »

xPotus2036
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2015, 12:29:01 AM »

Well, I announce I will run for Party Chairman, and I will extend the time to declare for two more days. I'm not sure when is the latest date we can hold an endorsement vote, but since there the interest is certainly there I encourage the candidates for Senate to state their case.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2015, 01:49:53 AM »

Well I'm just going to speak anyway, since there isn't much time and nobody is in charge yet to tell me that I can't.

I believe - as unorthodox as it may sound - that I am the best strategic choice that this party could make in the upcoming at-large special election. Why is that? Let's take a look at it from different points of view.

In regards to JCL: seeing as how this party is attempting to shape itself as a more moderate right-center party, it stands to reason that JCL does not share the values or vision that many in this party do. While the same can certainly be argued about me as well, I believe that both he and I are roughly the same ideological distance away from this party on the two-dimensional ideological scale. This makes this measurement a complete and utter wash, so let's toss ideology out when considering the choice between he and I. What's left? Well, you all are almost all by-products of a rejection of the Federalist Party, and have decided to go your separate ways (for many, because it is felt that the party is dead). What logical justification can be made to vote for someone from a party you just left and that you consider to be dead?

In regards to Foucaulf: I honestly don't even know where to begin, and that is kind of the whole point. Foucaulf is out there attempting to paint himself as someone for everyone. He will embrace right-wing economics to please those on the right and who might not want to vote for JCL, left-wing social issues for those who only want a small taste of progressive politics, and a healthy dose of anti-Labor fearmongering and paranoia across the board to sate those who only stand against things instead of standing for things. Nobody can live up to all of those commitments and promises, which tells us they are empty. We call this opportunism and personality cultism, neither of which are good for the game at-large.

Now I bet you're saying, "Adam, you're attacking JCL for being a reactionary and Foucaulf for telling everyone what they want to hear, yet you're in Labor and you're here, trying to get us to vote for you!". The difference here is that I am not embracing the type of backwards policies that caused many of you to leave the Federalist Party, nor am I attempting to persuade you by telling you one version of a story that you want to hear. I'm speaking honestly and from a logistical standpoint. Without a candidate in this race, you guys are free to make a decision that is both the best for your party and for the game. This means not embracing empty platitudes and feel-good nonsense from Foucaulf, and not voting for the party that you're (presumably, at some point) going to try to dominate for control of one hemisphere of the game.

With me, you know what you'll get. I'm a pretty predictable person, and I'm sure the predictions many of you have about me would actually be good if they came true, from your perspective. Wouldn't you want to see Labor implode with 6 Senators after making a series of bad decisions once again? Tongue I challenge you to test that theory, and to elect someone who is going to be consistently active and honest about what he is doing. I'm not offensive to the right on social issues and have increasingly found myself in a position where I challenge members of my own party on excessive economic policy. This is a 7-week term, and I've already made it clear that I will not seek a full term once it expires. With either of the others, you will likely not get the opportunity to change them out if they are elected.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2015, 08:22:02 AM »

I'd like to place my name on the ballot for Vice Chair.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2015, 11:00:18 AM »

I'd like to run for Secretary.
Foucaulf
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2015, 11:13:50 AM »

Citizens, Members of Civic Renewal,

Like my speech to TPP, I will keep my address short. I'm presenting most of my policies in the debate thread, and you can check them out there.

I remember when Labour slandered the centre-right and insulted you. I remember when Labour sought to destroy former President Lumine's reputation. I remember the hatred spewed out by a party that is slowly abandoning ideology and turning into a cartel. I'd much rather spew "feel-good nonsense" compared to that!

Of course, I'm not in this campaign to spew feel-good nonsense. My campaign is serious and engaged on the big issues. My campaign would focus on continuing aspects of Lumine's Presidency worth keeping. My campaign is not all things to all people, but it is collaborative and open.

I entered Atlasian politics with nothing but a radio show. All I have accomplished so far has been due to my hard work and my wish to engage every citizen. Senator Cris can speak to this, if he wants. Adam Griffin and JCL are steeped in partisanship. I am different; I am a candidate of common sense.

If elected, I will work with Senator Cris, as well as all those opposed to Labour. We will form an opposition to the Labour agenda. I say, and I believe you will agree, that relevance and accomplishment is the best way to keep a party alive.

For Order, for Atlasia.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2015, 04:28:55 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2015, 04:30:56 PM by Speaker Blair »

If elected, I will work with Senator Cris, as well as all those opposed to Labour. We will form an opposition to the Labour agenda. I say, and I believe you will agree, that relevance and accomplishment is the best way to keep a party alive.

This is why we have a partianship problem, and this is why people struggle to get stuff done in the senate. The idea that it's 'labor vs the rest is deeply flawed on several laws, most importantly as I've said labor isn't one single mass that takes orders from a single leader.

You can't campaign on the basis of being anti-labor, you need an actual message of hope, progress and stability to take forward. Heck I know I've been here for only two months, but the thing I've learnt from the Assembly is that you can work with people who are in different parties, heck you may even be able to get something done if you come in with a positive mindset.

At least try and commit yourself to working with all members of the senate-not just the one's you agree with
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2015, 05:17:54 PM »

>Adam Griffin and JCL are steeped in partisanship.
>If elected, I will work with Senator Cris, as well as all those opposed to Labour. We will form an opposition to the Labour agenda.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2015, 10:17:55 PM »

Hello Civic Renewal members,

I was campaigning in the state to the east so I made a little detour to visit you in Boise, Idaho. I am running for the vacated Senate At-Large seat. I don't know if you intend to make an endorsement or if you have some deal with another party, but I would like to tell individual members that I would like to receive their vote at election time. If you have been following politics for a bit of time you must know me from previous campaigns for At-Large or regional Senator. I am someone who will be active and contribute to the Senate. I will try to do what is best for Atlasia. I'm an independent so if your party decides not to run a candidate, think of voting for me.

Thank you for listening to me and have fun at your convention.   
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2015, 10:28:01 PM »

Thank you, Foucaulf, Griffin, JCL and Poirot. Beyond the declarations of the candidates, I'd appreciate if the discussing could be kept away from the convention, there are threads for that. We will hold an endorsement vote soon, and in the meantime I invite party members to speak up on the issue if they wish to do so.

The leadership election will start tomorrow as the deadline is over.
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2015, 03:37:11 PM »

X IBDD
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2015, 04:30:11 PM »

ATTENTION DELEGATES

We've received a call that a BOMB is being placed on the floor of your Convention. Proceed smoothly to the exit and let us take care of this.

Thank you,
FBI
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2015, 07:50:00 PM »

Sigh...

Fine, the convention is suspended until the FBI states the location is secure. Should things remain the same by tomorrow, we'll hold the leadership election and endorsement vote in a quick ballot (in an interesting irony, it will be done via online if the convention site is closed).
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies