Would the STD rate...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:42:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Would the STD rate...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: skyrocket in a nation run by Opebo?
Obviously

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: Would the STD rate...  (Read 2702 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 26, 2005, 11:34:40 AM »

Wink
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 12:32:43 PM »

Good poll States, however I don't think it would change much at all.  In the first place the only changes I would make would be to the professional aspect of sex, which is a small part of sex overall, and much more likely to be 'safe' sex. 
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 12:51:39 PM »

Good poll States, however I don't think it would change much at all.  In the first place the only changes I would make would be to the professional aspect of sex, which is a small part of sex overall, and much more likely to be 'safe' sex. 

Why the arbitrary enforcement of 'safe' (ie, Russian "galoshes") sex? You know fully well that you are infringing on the freedom of a john with that arbitrary diminution of his pleasure
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 01:05:03 PM »

Why the arbitrary enforcement of 'safe' (ie, Russian "galoshes") sex? You know fully well that you are infringing on the freedom of a john with that arbitrary diminution of his pleasure

Obviously that sort of decision is up to the two parties involved.  No one else should enforce anything upon them.  However it is quite likely that she would make certain safety precautions a requirement of the deal.  Maybe exceptions for regulars, who knows.  Interestingly when it comes to paid sex, a rather high percentage of it is actually just oral sex or hand jobs, not full sex, both for safety and 'intimacy' reasons.  In any case, legalization would not reduce the use of safety precautions, though admittedly it would probably increase the frequency of paid  sex.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 04:38:18 PM »

No, you'd have to be a moron to actually think some silly little sex laws prevent people from doing what they want.  If anything opebo will actually expose kids to sex and a younger age (11-12) when they should be able to understand it, understand the rewards and consequences, and without a sexually repressive state like the US is now, sex wont be a popular form of rebelling like it is now.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 04:52:16 PM »

..... expose kids to sex and a younger age (11-12)

Couldn't have said it better myself! John Couey, Jr would love that!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 04:55:59 PM »

Quite possibly.  But in Opeboland his victim would probably not have been raped or murdered.  Couey would've been sated by a prostitute long before.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 05:14:48 PM »

Educate them dude.  Most kids at that age don't even have a sexual drive.  You just keep your culture of "potty-mouths" and "sex is evil" and you see what happens to your family.  The South has more teenage pregnancy and illegitimate births than any other region by FAR.  You shield rather than just let it out and be open and you get what you ask for. 
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 06:41:48 PM »

The come-back of conservative junk-science.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 10:26:54 PM »

No, you'd have to be a moron to actually think some silly little sex laws prevent people from doing what they want.  If anything opebo will actually expose kids to sex and a younger age (11-12) when they should be able to understand it, understand the rewards and consequences, and without a sexually repressive state like the US is now, sex wont be a popular form of rebelling like it is now.

How misinformed you are.  Kids at age 11 aren't ready for sex and don't need a sex drive at that age. So far, you and opebo are the only ones I've seen come out to advocate making sex with 11 year olds legal.  Being in company with a pedophile is real cool.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2005, 10:51:13 PM »

Educate them dude.  Most kids at that age don't even have a sexual drive.  You just keep your culture of "potty-mouths" and "sex is evil" and you see what happens to your family.  The South has more teenage pregnancy and illegitimate births than any other region by FAR.  You shield rather than just let it out and be open and you get what you ask for. 

Sex is not something to be taken "lightly". You act as if sex is just something someone should do everyday w/out taking into account any consequences.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2005, 12:20:38 PM »

Kids at age 11 aren't ready for sex and don't need a sex drive at that age.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'need' a sex drive, but the point is they have one.

Sex is not something to be taken "lightly". You act as if sex is just something someone should do everyday w/out taking into account any consequences.

Certainly masturbation is something someone can do everyday without taking into account any consequences.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2005, 12:33:28 PM »

Opebo, that was responding to TakeOurCountryBack's comments that kids that age don't even have a sex drive.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2005, 12:37:28 PM »

Opebo, that was responding to TakeOurCountryBack's comments that kids that age don't even have a sex drive.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.. or possibly making the point that people should be educated before their hormones kick in? Please comment, TakeOurCountryBack.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2005, 08:00:48 AM »

I think he was just saying that many kids his age  around to shock their parents rather than because they need sex.
Which may well be true.
Anyways, Jacob, you've overlooked me.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2005, 10:22:03 PM »

You think STD's are junk science?
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2005, 10:22:08 AM »

Believing you get them from having sex is.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2005, 12:37:48 PM »

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.. or possibly making the point that people should be educated before their hormones kick in? Please comment, TakeOurCountryBack.

Kids shouldn't be having sex at that age IMO but they certainly should be educated about it.  People with a real understanding of sex will make better choices.  At 11 I found out what sex was, and I'm 17 now and still a virgin because I decide to just wait for the right time, so don't act like educating 6th graders about sex is the end of the world or that I'm a pedophile. 

Exactly when did I say I was a pedophile Jake?  I just think people should learn about it rather than us living in this "sex is evil" fantasy world conservatives love so much. 
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2005, 03:36:52 PM »

?!?!?!
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2005, 03:59:07 PM »

Exactly when did I say I was a pedophile Jake?  I just think people should learn about it rather than us living in this "sex is evil" fantasy world conservatives love so much. 

What the hell are you talking about.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2005, 04:07:39 PM »

What the hell are you talking about.

He's right.   The religious right have an extreme hatred of sex, though to some extent this is a problem with American society as a whole.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2005, 04:08:35 PM »

The pedophile remark. Whether he is or not, I never called him one.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2005, 10:13:55 PM »

I must echo DanielX's expression of puzzlement at the comment above his.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2005, 12:04:31 AM »

Yes, you're right. And also flies srping from rotten meat. I mean really..flies coming from worms....sureeeee.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2005, 07:10:42 AM »

Yes, you're right. And also flies srping from rotten meat. I mean really..flies coming from worms....sureeeee.

Hah!  This comparison certainly shows your puritanism.  Relating sex to rotting meat and worms - very telling!

I am not certain what he meant by saying stds don't come from sex, but I believe he meant to remind us that sex in and of itself is harmless.  For example if two people who have no STDs have sex, none arise spontaneously from the sin.  It is only when one party has an std and another does not that transmission takes place.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies