Hillary Clinton will be the next President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:43:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary Clinton will be the next President
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton will be the next President  (Read 2194 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 08, 2015, 03:22:26 PM »

Sorry. Nothing we can really do about it.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 03:23:35 PM »

I hope so.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 04:07:37 PM »

But she only beat Lazio by 10 points!
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 04:19:26 PM »

Unless the Republicans pick a stinker of a nominee, I don't think the Obama admin. is going to be giving her many coattails.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 04:34:37 PM »

The Republicans really need to figure out how to be competitive in Presidential elections.  They can probably compete in the House and Senate for the next 10 years without moderating their positions but after that they probably won't remain competitive there either without some major issue shifts.
2008 called, they want their impending electoral doom narrative back
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 06:29:54 PM »
« Edited: March 08, 2015, 06:31:44 PM by OC »

Unless the Republicans pick a stinker of a nominee, I don't think the Obama admin. is going to be giving her many coattails.

She's already gotton a pool of black and Latino supporters from her husband's days as prez.  She already has the economic boom that she needed to help her. Which makes a Hilary-Tom Perez ticket all the more probable. Latino support and dept of Labor Secretary, and boom economy. I think things are looking better for Hilary.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 06:33:48 PM »

You think?  I hope not!
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 06:39:05 PM »

Well, I guess this thread had to be made after heatmaster's thread. As I said on the other thread, predictions made a year and a half before the election tend to be very accurate.
bobloblaw
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 06:47:34 PM »

Sorry. Nothing we can really do about it.

No wonder why the NY-R is in such bad shape. You are fatalistic.

Actually Id prefer her to Bush anyday.
bobloblaw
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2015, 06:52:25 PM »

She is favored to win but not by much. The GOP presided over a foreign and domestic policy disaster in 2008, much like the Dems in 1979-80. That counts more than an economic boom now, which was far far more impressive in 2000, which Gore blew.

She is a horrible candidate. Incompetent and corrupt and lacks any ability to connect with voters. Id be glad for her to take the reigns of power in Jan 2017 with 4% unemployment and a near balanced budget. No where to go but down. If Jebbie is the GOP nominee, it will be Walker's turn in 2020, by which time after the disastrous 2018 midterms the GOP will be looking at 35 Govs, 70 state legislatures and 250 House members.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 07:12:56 PM »

Either her or Jeb.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2015, 09:13:06 PM »

No Republican candidate will be allowed through the primaries without wallowing in the filth. If by some chance one does, he'll be doomed by the wing-nuts who will either stay home or vote 3rd party.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2015, 09:28:08 PM »

Yes, but in the meantime we can pretend otherwise, for sake of our sanity. Man cannot live without hope.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2015, 11:11:14 PM »

Yes, ask President Dewey.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2015, 12:00:29 AM »

Or President Romney, who most people that insisted Hillary has no chance also insisted would certainly win.
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2015, 12:33:44 AM »

Well, I guess this thread had to be made after heatmaster's thread. As I said on the other thread, predictions made a year and a half before the election tend to be very accurate.

I get what you're saying. But this is a binary prediction, not too bold to pick.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2015, 01:13:56 AM »

Or President Romney, who most people that insisted Hillary has no chance also insisted would certainly win.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2015, 01:57:47 AM »

Reported for being ready for Hillary.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2015, 03:08:12 AM »

They said the same things about Republicans in the aftermath of the 1936 landslide for FDR or the 1964 landslide for LBJ or the 1972 landslide for Nixon: in the case of FDR he was able to run again 1940 & they were unique circumstances;  the rest is available for public record,  make of it what you will; Obama is certainly no Reagan, FDR or LBJ on the scale of his 2012 victory. His defeat of Romney was average size; so predictions of the Republican party are very overrated and subject to the whims of those pesky voters,  who have a tendency to throw up inconvenient outcomes. So watch this space.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2015, 06:21:55 AM »

The Republicans really need to figure out how to be competitive in Presidential elections.  They can probably compete in the House and Senate for the next 10 years without moderating their positions but after that they probably won't remain competitive there either without some major issue shifts.

Not sure if you had some weird meta-point or something or if your post was just incredibly stupid… 2008 did spell electoral doom for Republicans.
What I was talking about was the idea among many liberals such as yourself that the Democrats would have 40 years of dominance unless the republicans changed their views based off of just one or two elections
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2015, 07:40:33 AM »
« Edited: March 09, 2015, 07:48:01 AM by OC »

The Republicans really need to figure out how to be competitive in Presidential elections.  They can probably compete in the House and Senate for the next 10 years without moderating their positions but after that they probably won't remain competitive there either without some major issue shifts.

Not sure if you had some weird meta-point or something or if your post was just incredibly stupid… 2008 did spell electoral doom for Republicans.
What I was talking about was the idea among many liberals such as yourself that the Democrats would have 40 years of dominance unless the republicans changed their views based off of just one or two elections

Well, the Cold War and the War on Terror shielded the GOP from the everyday problems that Americans faced like equal pay, bailouts to Wallstreet, and of Course Great Recession.1992 and 2008 ended most foreign wars and we have to protect our homefront. So, the problems resurfaced and Dems were judged by voters, by electing Dems as presidents, better equipped to handle them.

Trend may continue with Hillary.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2015, 08:46:58 AM »

Hahaha is you say so than i'm sure she will be....Republicans have a great chance to take the white house back IF and thats a big IF they choose the right candidate.

With that said she can't be any worse than the man occupying the white house right now.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2015, 09:21:39 AM »

Hahaha is you say so than i'm sure she will be....Republicans have a great chance to take the white house back IF and thats a big IF they choose the right candidate.

With that said she can't be any worse than the man occupying the white house right now.

If there was no 22nd amendment, I'd be hoping President Obama runs again. He's shown that he's truly a good president and his economic and social agenda is something that most people can agree with. Unfortunately y'all control the House of Representatives (threatening shutdowns many times from the federal government to homeland security all over trivial issues like OBAMACARE) and there hasn't been a lot of reform because of the constant obstruction.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies