What did/do your parents do for a living? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:12:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What did/do your parents do for a living? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What did/do your parents do for a living?  (Read 4005 times)
Rooney
United States

« on: March 09, 2015, 12:11:00 PM »

My mom worked at a TV station when she was in her twenties. She worked as a copy writer and in PR for a few years. When I was born (the third kid) she decided to stay at home and raise us. When I was a junior in high school she became a substitute teacher for a while. Now she works at a Hallmark Store and writes romance novels.

My dad started out as a KFC fried chicken worker. He has grease scars that are scary to look at. He graduated from the University of Dubuque and got a job running time sheets at a factory in Burlington, Iowa. In his mid-twenties he was hired as an insurance agent by Farm Bureau. He worked for them until the mid-nineties when he went to work for another insurance company. He owned his own insurance agency for a few years and then he decided insurance was boring and got a new job as a traveling salesman. Currently my dad is working as a mega-church financial adviser in Texas. He makes good money and my mom likes that it is warm in Texas.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies