Senate Republicans write a letter to Iran (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:30:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Senate Republicans write a letter to Iran (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Republicans write a letter to Iran  (Read 8577 times)
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 12, 2015, 03:15:49 AM »

Ok, well, it seems that Cotton has been the source of even weirder things from the House.  Apparently others have heard of this, but I didn't before today, so I'm posting it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2015/03/11/for-tom-cotton-letter-to-iran-is-anything-but-a-fiasco/

"While in the House in 2013, Cotton introduced an amendment to prosecute the relatives of those who violated sanctions on Iran, saying that his proposed penalties of up to 20 years in prison would 'include a spouse and any relative to the third degree,' including 'parents, children, aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces, grandparents, great grandparents, grandkids, great grandkids.' Forget about the fact that the Constitution expressly prohibits 'corruption of blood' penalties — just consider that Cotton wanted to take someone who had violated sanctions and imprison their grandchildren. Needless to say, this deranged piece of legislation was too much even for Republicans to stomach, and it went nowhere."

Dear god.

I try not to use the word "literally" lightly. This is literally something that North Korea would do and in fact does on a regular basis.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies