LOL I'm booking a hotel in Birmingham, AL now and I also have DRA open on another tab
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:38:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  LOL I'm booking a hotel in Birmingham, AL now and I also have DRA open on another tab
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LOL I'm booking a hotel in Birmingham, AL now and I also have DRA open on another tab  (Read 653 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 14, 2021, 06:57:00 PM »

Yes I'm cross checking to make sure that the precincts they're in voted for Biden.

Luckily almost everywhere in Birmingham proper did...
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 07:01:57 PM »

If what you're interested in is a liberal city, how 'bout you book a hotel in Washington, DC? There there will be very, very few Trumpists, even compared to a place like Birmingham. I'm honestly surprised at the notion that you'd even consider being in Alabama when it went for Trump by so much.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 07:03:51 PM »

If what you're interested in is a liberal city, how 'bout you book a hotel in Washington, DC? There there will be very, very few Trumpists, even compared to a place like Birmingham. I'm honestly surprised at the notion that you'd even consider being in Alabama when it went for Trump by so much.
I presume he's going there for a band concert.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 07:10:05 PM »

I'm honestly surprised at the notion that you'd even consider being in Alabama when it went for Trump by so much.
https://www.furnacefest.us
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 07:40:26 PM »

Did you fly or drive in?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 07:45:02 PM »

Fly of course, it's a 15 hour drive one way.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2021, 08:50:31 PM »

I just realized I'll be likely able to make the bizarre claim of having been to Alabama without ever visiting a Trump precinct!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2021, 09:00:43 PM »

I just realized I'll be likely able to make the bizarre claim of having been to Alabama without ever visiting a Trump precinct!

That could be anyone who only visits Birmingham, i.e. a lot of people.
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2021, 09:23:34 PM »

I admire your dedication.

Alas, I don't think I'll be able to use your time-honored methods of avoiding Trump districts when I visit New Mexico next month, since there are several places I want to go in areas that almost definitely voted for Trump.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2021, 09:30:32 PM »

Why don’t you just enjoy the place you’re in for business or leisure reasons rather than stressing over who the precinct voted for?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2021, 09:41:10 PM »

Oh f[inks], my connecting flight is in Houston, and thus I'll be at the George Bush Intercontinental Airport. It's named after a Republican!
_.
Abdullah
United States
P P P
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2021, 09:47:39 PM »

I guess it doesn't count for you if you fly over some Trump precincts in the middle, as long as your feet don't touch (or touch something that touches) the Republican soil you despise so?

These are extreme lengths to maintain Democratic purity.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2021, 09:51:50 PM »

I guess it doesn't count for you if you fly over some Trump precincts in the middle, as long as your feet don't touch (or touch something that touches) the Republican soil you despise so?

But I have a layover at a Republican named airport. Sad
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2021, 09:53:51 PM »

i miss bham ngl
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2021, 10:31:59 PM »

Why don’t you just enjoy the place you’re in for business or leisure reasons rather than stressing over who the precinct voted for?

That's what makes BRTD BRTD. If he stoped caring about mundane things like what party his precint voted for, he would be betraying his values and who he is as a person.

That, and it would be impossible to drive from Minneapolis to Birmingham without entering a Trump precinct.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2021, 10:36:26 PM »

How do you drive on the interstate? After all, the whole Interstate Highway System is named for a Republican President.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2021, 10:38:24 PM »

How do you drive on the interstate? After all, the whole Interstate Highway System is named for a Republican President.

Yes but one of the good ones, (well extremely flawed on a lot things especially in foreign policy, but way better than any Republican since then and did a lot of good as well.)
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2021, 11:20:11 PM »

Oh f[inks], my connecting flight is in Houston, and thus I'll be at the George Bush Intercontinental Airport. It's named after a Republican!
Stop it, get some help.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2021, 02:23:14 AM »

Well I guess you guys won. It turns out that downtown Birmingham hotels are quite expensive (I mean it's f[inks]ing Alabama, not like it's Atlanta or New Orleans or one of the major cities in Texas, I'm surprised), and yet there was a near perfect hotel, in decent proximity to both the airport and the location of the fest, and still very good in terms of affordability...but still in Irondale, a Trump voting suburb. Sad

I'm going to be spending two nights in a Trump precinct. Sad
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2021, 03:27:29 AM »

Well I guess you guys won. It turns out that downtown Birmingham hotels are quite expensive (I mean it's f[inks]ing Alabama, not like it's Atlanta or New Orleans or one of the major cities in Texas, I'm surprised), and yet there was a near perfect hotel, in decent proximity to both the airport and the location of the fest, and still very good in terms of affordability...but still in Irondale, a Trump voting suburb. Sad

Don't you regularly visit ND for visiting family? 2 nights in a Trump voting suburb is nothing in comparison
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2021, 04:05:28 AM »

I wonder if anyone in Berkeley refuses to visit the park next to it because Trump won the sole voter. It's quite something that the one precinct in or next to Berkeley that is 100% is for Trump.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2021, 04:25:59 AM »

Dude, just pay up to stay downtown. Considering how much you spend at strip clubs, you can clearly afford it. And switch your connection from IAH to O'Hare or something. Don't let us down like this!
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2021, 06:38:42 AM »

thought this word said feet for a sec
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2021, 07:22:26 AM »

Irondale is also the headquarters of EWTN, the Catholic broadcasting station, due to the presence of the convent at which Mother Angelica was serving.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2021, 11:45:05 AM »

You don't need to do this BRTD. Follow your principles and book a hotel that you know for sure is in a Biden precint.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies