Do you feel sorry for the white liberals in Birmingham, Alabama? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:03:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you feel sorry for the white liberals in Birmingham, Alabama? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you feel sorry for the white liberals in Birmingham, Alabama?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 76

Author Topic: Do you feel sorry for the white liberals in Birmingham, Alabama?  (Read 2641 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 09, 2015, 06:38:25 PM »

I don't understand all the fuss about being the political minority. There are a hundred other things that play a larger role in making a place nice or crappy.

This.  Also quite racist.  The idea that white liberals can't feel at home with all the black liberals is weird, to say the least.

Look, in my school (which overall is fairly centrist but leans left, and is definitely left on social issues), some of the happiest people are the far-right religious socon creationists.  Ideological parity != happiness.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 07:16:12 PM »

I live in Minneapolis so I'm very used to everyone around me having the same political views. It'd feel weird to not have that.
1. Do you commonly discuss politics with "everybody?"
2. Life is all about steping outside your comfort zone and trying new things and meeting new sorts of people. I can't imagine insisting that all your neighbors think just like you.

Indeed.  I personally would loath to be around a bunch of libertarians (they tend to be extreme for my tastes) and would much prefer being around a bunch of ultra-liberals or Independent Fundamental Baptists.

Uniformity is boring.

It's like taking the integral of a straight line.....dull.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 10:14:38 PM »

Or Huntsville.  Or the nice parts of Mobile.

I don't think suburban whites have it too bad in Alabama.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies