Jeb Bush: Net Neutrality decision is "crazy"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:48:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Jeb Bush: Net Neutrality decision is "crazy"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jeb Bush: Net Neutrality decision is "crazy"  (Read 2032 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 09, 2015, 11:07:55 AM »

http://time.com/3736443/net-neutrality-fcc-jeb-bush/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Actually, it's being regulated with a 1996 update to the law passed by a Republican congress. It allowed DSL to be regulated as a utility without controversy. Anyway.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No, they haven't.

Going after Net Neutrality is a politically tone deaf move, even in the GOP.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 11:12:22 AM »

It's not like we didn't know he was going to be a corporate sell-out candidate. But yeah, this is pretty-tone deaf - one more indication that Jeb is out of touch.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 11:19:00 AM »

Least he's not like Hillary involved in foreign donations and email irregularities. You know there's a mess,  when the Clinton's have to trot out Lanny Davis to defend the indefensible.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 11:25:48 AM »

Then I guess using a Constitution written in 1787 is even crazier, eh?

Unfortunately, I think this is a complicated issue where Republicans can lie and use their propaganda system to get most Republicans to oppose net neutrality.  Jeb Bush won't pay any price for this and every Republican primary candidate will oppose net neutrality.

Least he's not like Hillary involved in foreign donations and email irregularities. You know there's a mess,  when the Clinton's have to trot out Lanny Davis to defend the indefensible.

Can you not?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 11:27:42 AM »

Jeb has much the same advisers that his brother had. Beware; those people have yet to show that they have learned anything.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 11:53:23 AM »

Does he honestly think this position will help him in the primaries? It's definitely not going to help him at all in the GE.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 11:59:56 AM »

Is this a serious comment or are you doing a parody of yourself?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 03:23:56 PM »

This was the last stand of cable in their war against the tech industry. Net neutrality is settled policy now.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 03:27:20 PM »

Does he honestly think this position will help him in the primaries? It's definitely not going to help him at all in the GE.

Republicans are likely less tech-savvy than Republicans, and unlikely to use the Internet for diverse sources of data. I'm guessing that unless a Republican has more of a libertarian streak than a corporatist streak, there is little to distinguish them on this issue.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2015, 03:35:17 PM »

What would be absolutely crazy is having a second third fourth term of a President Bush after how bad the first term was two three terms were.
bobloblaw
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2015, 04:05:57 PM »

He is right, but I still wont vote for him.

Net Neutrality will destroy internet innovation. Europe is going the other direction. We'll see who has a better internet in 10 years. Europe will.

Dont be surprised in the USA if the only ISP ends up being the government
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2015, 04:26:25 PM »

Can you say "tin ear"? What a dope.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2015, 06:37:40 PM »

Wow, how relevant to Jeb Bush's position on net neutrality!
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2015, 07:41:22 PM »

What would be absolutely crazy is having a second third fourth term of a President Bush after how bad the first term was two three terms were.
hopper
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2015, 12:24:44 AM »

I don't think Net Neutrality was on peoples minds as a priority for Congress to do for the internet. When I think about what Congress should be doing they should be doing tax reform(both corporate and individual), immigration reform, and entitlement reform.

From my understanding Obama lobbied the FCC to do Net Neutrality  for the Internet and the FCC passed the new Net Neutrality Rules on party lines on a 3-2 vote. First off Obama isn't supposed to lobby the FCC(from what I hear) and the FCC is supposed to put up new rulings for public opinion for a certain amount of time(not sure what amount of time that is) and not rush a vote like they did. I could be cynical but its "ObamaCare" for the internet I think.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2015, 02:10:13 AM »

The Internet was originally a federal project -- to supply communications for the military. It proved so desirable to others that it had to expand.

Educational use is essential, and it is more important that people be able to do research  than that some people who pay more get to reshape the Internet to their purposes. 

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2015, 03:33:03 AM »

The Internet was originally a federal project -- to supply communications for the military. It proved so desirable to others that it had to expand.

Educational use is essential, and it is more important that people be able to do research  than that some people who pay more get to reshape the Internet to their purposes. 

You bring up a very good point - it was once a federal project.  We cannot let a Republican win in 2016 - any chances of net neutrality potentially staying around will likely go up in flames.  I have the fortune to have the WSJ delivered to home, and I see editorials about the so-called 'Obamanet', partisan baloney, from the same people who called Obamacare a failure.  Jeb and other viable Republican presidential hopefuls and the WSJ editorial writers are of one mind on net neutrality - and they simply don't deserve to win.  Jeb's position on this is yet another reason I would never, never, ever vote him for President of the United States.
hopper
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2015, 07:19:30 PM »

You bring up a very good point - it was once a federal project.  We cannot let a Republican win in 2016 - any chances of net neutrality potentially staying around will likely go up in flames.  I have the fortune to have the WSJ delivered to home, and I see editorials about the so-called 'Obamanet', partisan baloney, from the same people who called Obamacare a failure.  Jeb and other viable Republican presidential hopefuls and the WSJ editorial writers are of one mind on net neutrality - and they simply don't deserve to win.  Jeb's position on this is yet another reason I would never, never, ever vote him for President of the United States.
I never saw anybody make a proposition about net neutrality until the FCC passed this resolution.  I think to leftists in the Dem Party net neutrality is a big deal because of all the phone calls that Washington DC was getting about it and from groups like the ACLU.

All ObamaCare did was expand Medicaid and give subsidies for to people in order to get healthcare. We really needed 1,200 pages of ObamaCare in order to do that(I am being sarcastic but serious at the same time writing this sentence.)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies