U.S. senate to consider changing Marijuana status from Class 1 to Class 2 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:15:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  U.S. senate to consider changing Marijuana status from Class 1 to Class 2 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: U.S. senate to consider changing Marijuana status from Class 1 to Class 2  (Read 2958 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 10, 2015, 09:29:38 PM »

can't the Executive reschedule whatever it wants unilaterally?  I know the DEA has authority to add substances to Sched I, and they add a couple dozen every year.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 07:37:01 PM »

can't the Executive reschedule whatever it wants unilaterally?  I know the DEA has authority to add substances to Sched I, and they add a couple dozen every year.
Even if Obama can and wants to reschedule without congressional approval, the uproar he received over his relatively mild immigration order is probably making him hesitate on actually doing it.

I've no doubt that Obama wouldn't do it.  I'm pointing out his hypocrisy about "working with Congress" to reschedule marijuana -- meanwhile the Obama DEA has unilaterally placed dozens of drugs in Sched I, and will continue to.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 03:54:23 PM »

can't the Executive reschedule whatever it wants unilaterally?  I know the DEA has authority to add substances to Sched I, and they add a couple dozen every year.
Even if Obama can and wants to reschedule without congressional approval, the uproar he received over his relatively mild immigration order is probably making him hesitate on actually doing it.

I've no doubt that Obama wouldn't do it.  I'm pointing out his hypocrisy about "working with Congress" to reschedule marijuana -- meanwhile the Obama DEA has unilaterally placed dozens of drugs in Sched I, and will continue to.

How exactly does the DEA place drugs in a certain schedule? DOC, 2-ce, and 4-aco are all, as far as I'm aware, unscheduled, but they all have Wikipedia pages, reports on erowid, etc. so it's not like they're that obscure...

they move slow as molasses.  why, I don't know.  the bane of all bureaucracies I suppose.  a hot new RC will last 2-3 years before it is "emergency" placed on Sched I.  on some things they don't move at all -- the diazepine analog market is a case in point, there are a million of them, have existed for a long time, and aren't even listed as "drugs of concern".  

sometimes the FTC places an import ban on stuff, but even then they only capture a fraction of what comes in.  kratom is in the process of being banned -- a few states have banned it, Florida is moving on it, there's an import ban, and it's a DEA "drug of concern".  get it while you can.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies