Opinion of yourself
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:19:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of yourself
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 85

Author Topic: Opinion of yourself  (Read 4101 times)
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 10, 2015, 10:52:03 AM »

Are you a freedom fighter or a horrible person?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 11:42:39 AM »

An incredibly cynical man whose frustrations and insecurities with people who got better grades and whose parents made much more money than his manifests itself in the resentment filled posts degrading "the elitists", whatever that might mean.  Further, I find his usage of sexual content, foul language, and outright racism  (the homophobia is okay, but dude stop calling them "f****ts", that's too unpc) in his what-if timelines to be disgusting.  Oh, did I mention he's Irish and from Oklahoma?

Easy HP vote here.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 11:46:09 AM »

I think I should get the parachute because I'm great. In fact, I think I should get both the parachutes, in case one of them doesn't work.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 01:09:39 PM »

Depends on my alcohol consumption. Right now I think I suck, but after a half a bottle I think I'm swagged out like Mickey Rourke.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 01:14:25 PM »

I'm pretty great.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 01:23:11 PM »

Meh. What really strikes me about myself, is really how I've managed to progress succesfully in life (at least for now) despite my huge (and, dare I say, somewhat Bushie-esque) character flaws.

Am I a FF or a HP? I mean well, I think my morals are solid, and, while lacking the ambition to have a positive impact on the world, I'm genuinely striving to not have a negative impact. It's probably not enough, but better than nothing.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 01:35:23 PM »

Pros: logical, rational, understanding, non-judgmental

Cons: impulsive, about as emotionally available as your hamster

FF on balance.
Foucaulf
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 01:35:58 PM »

Atlas polls about self-esteem and mental health are all over the place; this one's more encouraging, I suppose.

I really loathe being complimented.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 02:19:03 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2015, 02:32:26 PM by L.D. Smith, Knight of Appalachia »

There's really one way I can do this especially since things seem to have changed a bit since my return to school:

MormDem: Well that guy's nice enough, and he stands for solid morals and free will. He had a clean enough tongue, and seems like someone really charitable, benevolent, chaste and well balanced. Closer to earth maybe, but the so-called "youthful optimism" seems to still shine. Generally open-minded and rumored to be quite insightful. That said, he does have a bit of a religious streak that some consider to be a bit dogmatic, and he can get complacent and certain that God will help him (even when quite a few instances it turns out doing it yourself was the correct thing to do). He's the philosophical one who'll write in many categories and finds this thread quite fascinating

L.D. Smith: Distrusting, bitter, and cynical git. The man has sadistic glee for seeing those he views as wrong fail, a passively smug outlook on seeing those who don't take the hard choice fall down, and envy for those who seem inexplicably lucky or managed to find an easier choice and made it. On the other hand he's skeptical of nearly nothing and will be the last to hold grudges. He's very much like Voltaire...work work work and do the right thing, not silly idealism...and this thread he'd see as an futile self torture exercise

Aggregate Summation: Seems HP/FF is too simple for anyone, by the raw equating of free-will and allowing of other's free-will = FF...then literally I DO fit. But I'm not voting, for it's not my place. I know I am a polarizing figure 'round here and that's that.

Verdict: ~shrugs~

Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 02:30:22 PM »

I'm the worst poster on this forum tbh
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 02:40:59 PM »

I'm the worst poster on this forum tbh

Not even close.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 03:49:18 PM »

Good: fairly intelligent, considered to be pretty compassionate/helpful, pretty diligent/determined when I put my mind to something or really need the grade
Kids at school tend to see me as very nice and innocent, even though I don't necessarily see myself as that. Tongue
Bad:  borderline autistic behavior, low social skills outside of my science/math club and friend circles, periodic carelessness/laziness

I'll give myself an FF, though as a poster, I admit I'm not the greatest by any stretch.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 03:51:53 PM »

Good: fairly intelligent, considered to be pretty compassionate/helpful, pretty diligent/determined when I put my mind to something or really need the grade
Kids at school tend to see me as very nice and innocent, even though I don't necessarily see myself as that. Tongue
Bad:  borderline autistic behavior, low social skills outside of my science/math club and friend circles, periodic carelessness/laziness

I'll give myself an FF, though as a poster, I admit I'm not the greatest by any stretch.

That kind of describes me...
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 03:55:52 PM »

That kind of describes me...

It's interesting, the other kids who have computer programmer/software engineer fathers that I know have similar personality defects.  It's kind of weird.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 04:07:59 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2015, 04:18:03 PM by Cory »

I'm an "HP".

And by that I mean I realize that nobody "deserves" anything in life and I have a very cynical outlook.

Most people call this being a Horrible Person, I just call it being smart and a survivor. My cynicism has never led my astray and the times I do try to be sympathetic always works against me. Other People are largely predictable and pathetic.

It would be treason against myself to feel for them any more than they can benefit me personally.

It's terrible but it's just so true.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2015, 04:11:00 PM »

I'm an "HP".

And by that I mean I realize that nobody "deserves" anything in life and I have a very cynical outlook.

Most people call this being a Horrible Person, I just call it being smart and a survivor. My cynicism has never led my astray and the times I do try to be sympathetic always works against me. Other People are largely predictable and pathetic.

It would be treason against myself to feel for them any more then they can benefit me personally.

What you describe sounds an awful lot like the mental condition known as Antisocial Personality Disorder. I would advise you to seek psychological counsel.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2015, 04:21:27 PM »

What you describe sounds an awful lot like the mental condition known as Antisocial Personality Disorder. I would advise you to seek psychological counsel.

And become a weak victim who exists to be exploited like the others? I think not.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2015, 04:33:37 PM »

And become a weak victim who exists to be exploited like the others? I think not.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2015, 04:47:29 PM »

Am I a FF or a HP? I mean well, I think my morals are solid, and, while lacking the ambition to have a positive impact on the world, I'm genuinely striving to not have a negative impact. It's probably not enough, but better than nothing.

No, that's just disguisting moderate heroism.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2015, 04:59:43 PM »

I didn't expect to convince you, and I obviously don't know you enough to be of more help. I should feel sickened by your worldview - especially for the good people around you that you're probably making miserable - but that probably wouldn't be fair if I'm right and you are afflicted by this condition. All I can do is hope that someone around you will realize that something is deeply wrong with your mind and alert the competent people.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2015, 05:51:25 PM »

Atlas polls about self-esteem and mental health are all over the place; this one's more encouraging, I suppose.

Me too, actually.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2015, 06:17:34 PM »

I'm an "HP".

It would be treason against myself to feel for them any more than they can benefit me personally.

Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2015, 06:20:09 PM »

Lazy and cowardly.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2015, 07:02:45 PM »

Me too, actually.

This, especially if it's something I didn't feel like I deserved.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2015, 10:15:49 PM »

Sounds sociopathic that you just turn your empathy off.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies