Opinion of IndyRep
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:12:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of IndyRep
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Opinion of IndyRep  (Read 1599 times)
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 10, 2015, 05:52:34 PM »

Well?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 05:54:54 PM »

Pathetic.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 05:54:59 PM »

FF
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 06:04:49 PM »

The definition of a sh-tposter.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 06:14:10 PM »

Not bad enough to merit HP
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 07:08:37 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2015, 07:17:52 PM by Sawx, King in the North »

Atlas's new resident f**kboy.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 07:36:17 PM »

This, just from what I've seen.

A bit rough around the edges, but not totally bad.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 07:52:49 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2015, 08:02:22 PM by Senator SWE »

^This post solidifies my HP vote

e: said post has been deleted
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 08:01:31 PM »

Oh come on. This is getting pathetic. Because he doesn't agree with the hivemind opinion, we must destroy him.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 08:06:07 PM »

and as such an FF by default.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 09:17:39 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2015, 09:19:14 PM by Sawx, King in the North »

Oh come on. This is getting pathetic. Because he doesn't agree with the hivemind opinion, we must destroy him.

Seriously? This persecution complex you two (and various others on the Atlasian right, one of whom seems to have posted in this thread) have really needs to stop. It seems that whenever a poster who is to the right is disliked, y'all seem to whine about how anyone who isn't a raging Trotskyite is unfairly persecuted by the lib'rul hivemind - even when they're racist, misogynistic trolls or defending racist, misogynistic trolls. I'll call this Crying Lenin, because of the whole Red Terror thing and all that. I'm sure some parts have cried Lenin for a while - my first memory was in July when Oldies cried Lenin over Inks being demodded, but now, I've noticed a lot of this trend over low-quality posts being criticized.

As for IndyRep, he doesn't fit these categories. My newfound dislike for him is purely personal - it's clearly not a case of his views and his articulation. In fact, when he was first posting here, I stuck up for him and explained the workings of my state to him because he wanted to know. However, recent events involving my friends (and later me), which I will keep private for his sake (and I'm sure he can figure out), soured this relationship. If he fixes that one thing, he wouldn't actually be a bad poster.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 10:02:48 PM »

Seriously?

yes seriously, because people who get crapped on constantly for no discernible reason and stick around earn my respect more than people who constantly find new targets for their disapproval and make a bemoaning fuss every time someone dares not to join in the shatting.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 10:16:22 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2015, 10:26:58 PM by Sawx, King in the North »

Seriously?

yes seriously, because people who get crapped on constantly for no discernible reason and stick around earn my respect more than people who constantly find new targets for their disapproval and make a bemoaning fuss every time someone dares not to join in the shatting.

You'll find that when people don't do stupid sh*t and actually fix their stupid sh*t/call people out for doing stupid sh*t instead of blaming it on everyone else, I'm as hospitable as a Southern housewife. If you actually spent a minute around this little clique, you'd probably pick up on that I'm probably one of the nicer members who's actually willing to give people considered "terrible" the benefit of the doubt. I've said that I'm convinced that Murica's problem is that he's lying about his age and will probably get better with maturity, and I'm actually friends in real life with one of oakvale's most hated posters.

Hell, did you even read my post about IndyRep? I straight up said that my dislike of him has nothing to do with his politics, and even that he'd be an FF if he simply ironed out the issue that we had. Of course that doesn't add up to you, because you seem to enjoy crying Lenin as much as Free Bird and every time you see someone who's part of the IRC crew, you simply think they're all douchebags who like to pick on other posters for fun.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 10:45:48 PM »

Is IRC the common thread here?  Ok, in that case I'm glad I don't frequent it. It must be an extremely toxic place if this is the impact it is having on the forum.   This place didn't used to   always have a disliked poster of the day thread going on.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 10:50:39 PM »

Is IRC the common thread here?  Ok, in that case I'm glad I don't frequent it. It must be an extremely toxic place if this is the impact it is having on the forum.   This place didn't used to   always have a disliked poster of the day thread going on.

Nah, I'm just an irreverent asshole with a series of tubes and a monitor to hide behind.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2015, 11:21:35 PM »

Has gotten better from what I've seen recently. His overuse of hash tags however continues to be in no way clever or humorous whatsoever.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2015, 11:35:37 PM »

He's new guys, give him a break.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2015, 11:51:55 PM »

I don't think he's been here long enough for me to vote, they I may just give him the HP for the hashtag nonsense.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2015, 12:18:00 AM »

I don't think he's been here long enough for me to vote, they I may just give him the HP for the hashtag nonsense.

Has there been a backlash against ironic hashtags? If so, I'm guessing my next HP rating will skyrocket, considering I'm the one that originated them like over a year ago with my #2008redux and #Hillaryunder70 tags.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2015, 12:21:06 AM »

Has there been a backlash against ironic hashtags? If so, I'm guessing my next HP rating will skyrocket, considering I'm the one that originated them like over a year ago with my #2008redux and #Hillaryunder70 tags.

More a backlash against not being funny, which "ironic hashtags" are not.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2015, 07:25:19 AM »

Personally, I don't get mad that someone is a Republican.  I couldn't care less. 

If your posts are a bunch of hashtags including the phrase "muh," if all you do is create strawman arguments, if you pretend you understand policy issues when you know nothing, if most of your posts are just trying to provoke people or whine about how people don't like you, if you give credence to things like Benghazi and Vince Foster, you are a joke. 

That's the tenor of many posts in the 2016 forum by the gaggle of annoying Republicans.  "The candidate I like is going to winnnnn!!!  You're being mean to me because you disagree!!!"  Who cares which candidate you like?  Nobody cares.  That's tedious and annoying and pointless. 
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2015, 08:01:30 AM »

Well, I'm not really familiar with your posts, that's just my impression.

I just recoil at these strawman arguments and truisms.  Sometimes when you're talking about a future election, you leave it at, "we don't know."  But, if you're actually have a productive discussion, we don't just say,
"Clinton!"
"Walker!"
"Clinton!"
"Bush!"
"Jimmy Webb!"
"LOL Michael Dukakis!
"LOL Bob Dole!"

That's irritating and not the least bit enlightening. 
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2015, 08:39:51 AM »

Not exactly independent Tongue
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2015, 08:56:12 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2015, 09:02:39 AM by angus »

I keep hearing such awful things about that board.  Glad I don't visit it.

I guess it shouldn't be surprising that a forum section dedicated to the 2016 presidential election would generate only noise since the Democrats and Republicans combined have maybe six declared candidates, and the only one that has any name recognition is Vermin Supreme.  Until there are any serious candidates it will likely consist only of optimistic prediction, sheer speculation, and attack.  

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies