Opinion of oakvale (new poll)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 09:47:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of oakvale (new poll)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: Thought we needed a poll update
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 129

Author Topic: Opinion of oakvale (new poll)  (Read 10129 times)
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2015, 05:12:40 PM »

Is there any argument to be made that Oakvale isn't a joke?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2015, 05:16:07 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2015, 05:18:20 PM by oakvale »

Does it ever get tiring being an obsessive weirdo, Fuzzy? I could understand this because you've clearly got some issue surrounding the forum chatroom but PMing people about 3-year-old posts is a bit beyond my comprehension.

e: spelling
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2015, 05:20:23 PM »

Does it ever get tiring being an obsessive weirdo, Fuzzy? I could understand this because you've clearly got some issue surrounding the forum chatroom but PMing people about 3-year-old posts is a bit beyond my comprehension.

Maybe it's to prove that we are in dire need of a different chat moderator?  Maybe one that isn't an asshole to people? 
Panda Express

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2015, 05:21:58 PM »

I don't care about Atlasia or IRC (lol @ taking the IRC seriously) so I can only judge by his posts on the regular forum and thus I voted FF. Give me an Oakvale over a MormDem or someone who only empty quotes any day.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2015, 05:25:37 PM »

Maybe it's to prove that we are in dire need of a different chat moderator?  Maybe one that isn't an asshole to people?  

I have no idea what happened in that conversation from 2009 or whatever, I assume Kalwejt was being a pain in the ass. Then again I also assume that since he's not an obsessive lunatic he doesn't care, and not being an American teenager knows not to take hyperbole remotely seriously.

Anyway, to cut to the root of this sad incident, you got banned from the chat in the first place for randomly flipping the f*** out on Polnut for literally no reason, and then continued to be a creepy troll for a lengthy period. You briefly returned, seemed to have resolved whatever behaviour thing was going on, and then told us about your bowel movements. As anyone would, I took action, which you then decided was some bizarre conspiracy against you, as if those of us who have the odious task of modding the chatroom sit around plotting ways to upset Fuzzy. The reality is that no one thinks much about you at all.

PS asshole isn't actually a blocked word

e: See above re: first paragraph
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2015, 05:28:03 PM »

Wait, this log is that old?

LOL
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2015, 05:43:12 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2015, 05:48:59 PM by Fuzzybigfoot »

Maybe it's to prove that we are in dire need of a different chat moderator?  Maybe one that isn't an asshole to people?  

I have no idea what happened in that conversation from 2009 or whatever, I assume Kalwejt was being a pain in the ass. Then again I also assume that since he's not an obsessive lunatic he doesn't care, and not being an American teenager knows not to take hyperbole remotely seriously.

Anyway, to cut to the root of this sad incident, you got banned from the chat in the first place for randomly flipping the f*** out on Polnut for literally no reason, and then continued to be a creepy troll for a lengthy period. You briefly returned, seemed to have resolved whatever behaviour thing was going on, and then told us about your bowel movements. As anyone would, I took action, which you then decided was some bizarre conspiracy against you, as if those of us who have the odious task of modding the chatroom sit around plotting ways to upset Fuzzy. The reality is that no one thinks much about you at all.

*2012/2013

Of course I'm upset.  I'm and OCD person, and the IRC is the only way to talk with forum people IRT. I'm getting impulsively banned for minor and mindless harmless trolling, not any of that creepy Amanda Todd crap that Snowstalker was talking about (and you keep him around all the time, don't you)?

And no offense to Polnut now, but he was also trash talking someone else that I was friends with.  It's all settled now, but my behavior wasn't "random" or whatever.  
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2015, 05:47:41 PM »

I mean, would it hurt for you to just be a little more courteous? 
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2015, 05:50:01 PM »

*2012/2013

Of course I'm upset.  I'm and OCD person, and the IRC is the only way to talk with people IRT. I'm getting impulsively banned for minor and mindless harmless trolling, not any of that creepy Amanda Todd crap that Snowstalker was talking about (and you keep him around all the time, don't you)?

And no offense to Polnut now, but he was also trash talking someone else that I was friends with.  It's all settled now, but my behavior wasn't "random" or whatever.  

Snowstalker was actually banned for literally months after that incident, so that's not a good example. He only came back because we got exhausted by banning him on a daily basis. He's a persistent guy.

I'm sorry that you feel you've been done an injustice, but it is not some grand conspiracy. It's not consequential. You're also not "permanently" banned. I was more than happy to live and let live but, again, you decided to take that one incident from a few weeks back and decide it was proof of some nefarious scheme. You're more than welcome to come back, if it doesn't bother anyone else it doesn't bother me.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2015, 05:54:26 PM »

I have also been kicked before for talking about my poops. I did not raise this much hell over it.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2015, 06:01:04 PM »

I'm legitimately sorry, I really don't know what to say at this point.  Maybe just give me a minute, and I'll have something...
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2015, 07:25:51 PM »

Maybe it's to prove that we are in dire need of a different chat moderator?  Maybe one that isn't an asshole to people? 

ugh why don't you just start your own channel called #trueatlas or something?

if oakvale is truly that much of a tyrant then people will migrate there.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2015, 07:49:33 PM »

Disheartened than so much people voted for such and abrasive and unpleasant person.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2015, 09:12:19 PM »

The chat room is this forum on steroids (and equally as 'early 2000's' in execution)  People in it are grating in a way you're not allowed to be on here which makes posters like oakvale, see posters on here in a new light. The more time I spend on chat (and I don't spend much time on there), the more I 'hate' you all on here. Cheesy

This forum has enough sourpusses from the British isles. We are much better off with the friendly Scot. Smiley

Ironically, I have been on IRC chat more in the last two weeks, than at anytime since May 2013. Just not in the Atlas's seedy underground. Wink Election night was my last appearance in there and before that New Years Day 2014 I think. 
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2015, 11:59:34 AM »

I think people need to take some of what oakvale says...less seriously. The concept of banter seems alien to a lot of people here but then that might be a cultural divide to some extent.

It is also amusing that we've had like 2 people openly say anything negative in the thread, yet the poll is tied. Lol.

Oakvale is a fine poster and an actual sane person who does not have despicable views. That alone makes him like a top 10% poster.

If people said the same things about Oakvale of which Oakvale has said of others, they'd be banned from chat no question.  Thus, It seems that he himself should take things less seriously as well, if all things said are simply considered "banter".    

I think you need to chill your personal vendetta.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2015, 02:32:05 PM »

HP. Despite having at least somewhat similar views, I cannot vote FF on account of many particular nasty positions that are not at all easily forgiveable.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2015, 04:12:29 PM »

The other thing about oakvale is that in terms of his views he is, basically, a Very Serious Person.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2015, 04:20:10 PM »

ugh why don't you just start your own channel called #trueatlas or something?

He already did it.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2015, 04:24:57 PM »

The other thing about oakvale is that in terms of his views he is, basically, a Very Serious Person.

^^^^

Yet he ironically seems to perceive himself as some sort of edgy rebellious type.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2015, 04:30:12 PM »

Please tell me more about what I think
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2015, 03:52:03 AM »

I don't care about Atlasia or IRC (lol @ taking the IRC seriously) so I can only judge by his posts on the regular forum and thus I voted FF. Give me an Oakvale over a MormDem or someone who only empty quotes any day.

Convenient that you only care about the parts where oakvale is an FF. I like to judge people by the entirety of their conduct, myself.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2015, 04:55:00 AM »

Convenient that you only care about the parts where oakvale is an FF. I like to judge people by the entirety of their conduct, myself.

Um, how the hell are we supposed to know how he conducts himself in places we don't pay any attention to?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2015, 05:11:27 AM »

Um, how the hell are we supposed to know how he conducts himself in places we don't pay any attention to?

I am reluctant to judge people based on an incomplete picture. Granted I should withhold judgment on all posters since I don't know y'all in real life, and to some extent I do.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2015, 06:09:41 AM »

^^^^

Yet he ironically seems to perceive himself as some sort of edgy rebellious type.

In what sense is he a very serious person? He's even less serious than I am!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2015, 06:17:00 AM »

^^^^

In what sense is he a very serious person? He's even less serious than I am!

Exactly.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies