FiveThirtyEight: Media attacks won't hurt Hillary among Dems (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:27:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  FiveThirtyEight: Media attacks won't hurt Hillary among Dems (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FiveThirtyEight: Media attacks won't hurt Hillary among Dems  (Read 3390 times)
Oak Hills
United States

« on: March 11, 2015, 10:22:47 PM »

Though there have been a lot of good points about the media brought up in this thread, I think a major, and probably the most important one, at least when discussing outlets such as The New York Times, is that reporters are always hoping to make a name for themselves by bringing a major public figure down, regardless of who it is.  And I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.  It makes it much more likely that the winner will be someone who can handle the presidency, and that politicians won't be able to get away with unethical behavior.  I agree, however, that Hillary is one of the media's favorite punching-bags, and that they often go too far with it.  Still, I'm not upset that the Times published that story.  It's good to have everything that could possibly be important become public.  Even if it has the side-effect of creating controversies over trivial things.  That's why I blame outlets like CNN, Politico, and their ilk a lot more for these types of things.  They harp on all sorts of non-issues, instead of actually doing their own original reporting.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies