Should schools be able to expel students because of their speech (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:55:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Should schools be able to expel students because of their speech (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Should schools be able to expel students because of their speech  (Read 3121 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 11, 2015, 03:14:28 PM »

Universities have the right to say who attends, and a right to revoke the enrollment of those who break their policies.

Unless you want to make public universities a completely government controlled service, with free admission for all. But I doubt your libertarian ass wants that.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 03:33:25 PM »

Universities have the right to say who attends, and a right to revoke the enrollment of those who break their policies.

Unless you want to make public universities a completely government controlled service, with free admission for all. But I doubt your libertarian ass wants that.

At least read what I wrote first...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If you want an answer to that, then yes. It's 2015, sorry it's no longer okay to be racist.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 06:57:45 PM »

Why are you quoting a Tea Party "law" teacher which happens to be one of the biggest idiots of the law world?

He's not agreeing with him, he's pointing out how funny it is that Volokh claimed that the students cannot be expelled, right before they were in fact expelled.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 05:49:50 PM »

Conservatives believe the only people who should face responsibility for their actions are poor people and blacks. Frat bros deserve as many chances as possible.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 02:44:30 PM »

The disbanded SAE chapter is planning to sue the University of Oklahoma, as well as OU President David Boren.

They have reportedly hired high-profile attorney Stephen Jones, who's most high-profile case was the defense of Timothy McVeigh.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 12:30:52 AM »

Conservatives believe the only people who should face responsibility for their actions are poor people and blacks. Frat bros deserve as many chances as possible.

Well duh. Remember Joe "I Apologize" Barton? Destroying the environment and causing billions of dollars worth of damage is nowhere near as bad as some black teenager smoking weed.

What really annoys me is that the expelled SAE students barely even apologized or showed any sort of remorse. The just said "Whoops sorry I was drunk" and were surprised when that didn't satisfy people.

As Jon Stewart pointed out, the black football player who posted an angry rant on Instagram against SAE not only had a more sincere apology, he aplogized FIRST and with no real pressure to do so.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies