Should schools be able to expel students because of their speech (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:57:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Should schools be able to expel students because of their speech (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Should schools be able to expel students because of their speech  (Read 3161 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 12, 2015, 06:59:21 PM »

Universities have the right to say who attends, and a right to revoke the enrollment of those who break their policies.

Unless you want to make public universities a completely government controlled service, with free admission for all. But I doubt your libertarian ass wants that.

At least read what I wrote first...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If you want an answer to that, then yes. It's 2015, sorry it's no longer okay to be racist.

So would you support expelling the students who have made threats of violence and bigoted speech towards greek members not-affiliated with this event?

Yes.

And frankly, I don't think it was justified to expel them for using the N-word. I think was justified to expel them for singing about lynching black students before letting them join. Incitement to murder should be grounds for expulsion.

While I am not familiar with the content of their lyrics, singing about committing murder is not incitement to murder per se. If they are inciting, they should be tried in a court of law and expelled should they be convicted.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies