Cotton: Don't use Obamacare because Russian mobsters will steal your identity! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:34:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Cotton: Don't use Obamacare because Russian mobsters will steal your identity! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cotton: Don't use Obamacare because Russian mobsters will steal your identity!  (Read 1875 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: March 12, 2015, 05:31:16 PM »

Soon he'll be claiming that you shouldn't be in Social Security because Lisa Simpson can hack the website and steal your identity.

The argument is real... unfortunately Cotton has the wrong set of facts buttressing it. These days anyone can hack a machine with the right equipment, so instead of going after Obamacare for being "hackable' maybe they should go after the hackers and/or any countries sponsoring them? (assuming the Tea Party isn't sponsoring anti-Obamacare hackathons themselves- of course)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 06:28:58 PM »

Soon he'll be claiming that you shouldn't be in Social Security because Lisa Simpson can hack the website and steal your identity.

The argument is real... unfortunately Cotton has the wrong set of facts buttressing it. These days anyone can hack a machine with the right equipment, so instead of going after Obamacare for being "hackable' maybe they should go after the hackers and/or any countries sponsoring them? (assuming the Tea Party isn't sponsoring anti-Obamacare hackathons themselves- of course)

I don't think it's very feasible doing that, but you know, generally, if you are in a war against hackers, you almost always are certain to lose, if you aren't ahead of the curve.  The greatest problem, really, is not Obamacare, but the fact hacking is  quite easier than you and I wish it was.  To use that fact to build an argument against Obamacare, supporting repeal, makes it baloney.

Which is pretty close to what I just said...
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 07:56:06 PM »

I don't think it's very feasible doing that, but you know, generally, if you are in a war against hackers, you almost always are certain to lose, if you aren't ahead of the curve.  The greatest problem, really, is not Obamacare, but the fact hacking is  quite easier than you and I wish it was.  To use that fact to build an argument against Obamacare, supporting repeal, makes it baloney.

Which is pretty close to what I just said...

I guess you and I are close in terms of our stances on this particular issue then.

This narrow portion of the issue, yes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies