Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:59:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 58
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 160999 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2015, 09:48:04 AM »

Bushie how about next time you need to buy something you walk to a nearby store instead of driving?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2015, 09:49:52 AM »

Find yourself in a different situation then... I don't get why it's weird to be standing up in a room while talking to a person. Or to stand up while watching TV.

The layout of the room matters to.  I am not going to rearrange the room to make it more accessible.  It's easy to stand up doing those things, but I don't have a counter to set my laptop on to stand behind and watch TV.  And, I am not going to intentionally find a new situation just for 10 days of preparation.

What the hell is a standing accessible room? Is your ceiling too low?

You don't have a kitchen counter for the laptop? You're not tall, so it doesn't have to be that high.  

You don't need a counter to watch TV... You should just be able to stand up out of your chair and boom, you're standing while watching TV.

None of those "situations" make any sense.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2015, 09:50:24 AM »

Calm down, guys.  I'm just pulling your chains...  I will get outside and walk again this afternoon for a little while.  It won't be 8 hours, but it will be 30 minutes or so.  I'll have all afternoon that I can walk and I will try to stand as much as I can when I'm visiting with family.  I won't be standing continuously, but I will stand more than I sit.  I will sit down to eat dinner, but I can stand for the majority of 4 hours or so this afternoon.  I'll figure out tomorrow out when I get past today.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2015, 09:52:29 AM »

Nobody's asking you to stand up for dinner, just stand up. You don't need to figure anything out or plan anything or reconfigure the layout of your apartment. Just freakin' stand up. You can do it literally right now. Right now you are sitting in a chair and if you stand up, you are standing up.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2015, 09:55:21 AM »

Nobody's asking you to stand up for dinner, just stand up. You don't need to figure anything out or plan anything or reconfigure the layout of your apartment. Just freakin' stand up. You can do it literally right now. Right now you are sitting in a chair and if you stand up, you are standing up.

I'll stand up for several hours this afternoon and then again this evening after dinner.  I'll find a way to play on the Internet at the same time this evening, but I will stand for a few hours today.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2015, 09:55:50 AM »

Calm down, guys.  I'm just pulling your chains...  I will get outside and walk again this afternoon for a little while.  It won't be 8 hours, but it will be 30 minutes or so.  I'll have all afternoon that I can walk and I will try to stand as much as I can when I'm visiting with family.  I won't be standing continuously, but I will stand more than I sit.  I will sit down to eat dinner, but I can stand for the majority of 4 hours or so this afternoon.  I'll figure out tomorrow out when I get past today.

No chance of actually taking said family or visiting friends to someplace more scenic to walk?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2015, 09:57:01 AM »

You have valid arguments, but until you spend an entire week walking step-by-step with me, you cannot judge me as being lazy or incompetent or intentionally throwing away a golden opportunity anything of the like.

You literally can not physically handle spending an entire week walking step-by-step with any of us, and that's the problem.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2015, 10:08:47 AM »

I'm trying a different approach, I'm staying off my feet as much as I can so they can be fresh for the first day. 

That's your normal approach to every day of your life.  You should be well prepared. 

Roll Eyes
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2015, 10:10:23 AM »

Sig's so you can read it every day after you've been canned.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2015, 10:11:16 AM »

Guys, it doesn't matter how much walking/standing Bushie does now, he's not going to last in his job. He's not going to have any vacation days or sick days for months. We all know ODF needs at least one sick day per week. I give him less than a month. He's too sickly to get through this. Sad
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2015, 10:18:27 AM »

No chance of actually taking said family or visiting friends to someplace more scenic to walk?

Probably not today, but I do intend to visit one or two of them next week in Tulsa.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2015, 10:19:12 AM »

Sig's so you can read it every day after you've been canned.

One good way to remedy that.  Turn sigs off!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2015, 10:19:39 AM »

Guys, it doesn't matter how much walking/standing Bushie does now, he's not going to last in his job. He's not going to have any vacation days or sick days for months. We all know ODF needs at least one sick day per week. I give him less than a month. He's too sickly to get through this. Sad

A challenge?  I like it!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2015, 10:22:52 AM »

When you have family visits, do you guys not do anything that requires standing and walking? I'm not suggesting you guys go run a marathon, but all of you can go somewhere like a park or downtown or something that technically involves standing and walking but isn't just "walking" either. Do you guys really just sit and stare at screens all day? That sounds completely unbearable.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2015, 10:23:52 AM »

When you have family visits, do you guys not do anything that requires standing and walking? I'm not suggesting you guys go run a marathon, but all of you can go somewhere like a park or downtown or something that technically involves standing and walking but isn't just "walking" either. Do you guys really just sit and stare at screens all day? That sounds completely unbearable.

I would imagine they sit around the TV and gossip. 
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2015, 10:26:25 AM »

Reading this makes me wonder how people can make fun of playing Ingress.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2015, 10:28:36 AM »

Who gets on your case about Ingress?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2015, 10:29:24 AM »

bushie, you're throwing this opportunity away. if you don't get used to standing for long periods of time now, you will lose your job within a month. this is not an exaggeration.

You don't know that.  You can't say for certain that I'm done for because I have a chair now.  Instead, I'm trying a different approach, I'm staying off my feet as much as I can so they can be fresh for the first day.  That's not the wrong approach, nor is it a detrimental approach.

I almost fell out of my chair laughing at this.  Tongue
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2015, 10:30:40 AM »

All sorts of posters. Joe, oakvale, Polnut....

Yet let's note Bushie and his family's activities. Far better than playing a game that involves walking obviously.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2015, 10:31:50 AM »

All sorts of posters. Joe, oakvale, Polnut....

Yet let's note Bushie and his family's activities. Far better than playing a game that involves walking obviously.

BRTD, if it makes you feel better I would become an Ingress fanatic before I sat in on the Clan Bushie's family time for 10 minutes. 
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2015, 10:34:21 AM »

I quipped to BK about how Bushie wouldn't be able to last ONE anomaly cluster much less four. Imagine walking for over four straight hours.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2015, 10:37:24 AM »

I quipped to BK about how Bushie wouldn't be able to last ONE anomaly cluster much less four. Imagine walking for over four straight hours.

How many times do you think Obama is commented on in a negative light in one Bushie family time hour on average? 
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2015, 10:50:30 AM »

A challenge?  I like it!

No you don't. Your entire life to-date has proven you hate challenge. You like the IDEA of being successful, but when it comes to actually following through and taking on a challenge, you've never had what it takes to see something through.

- The most-recent diet is no longer mentioned; it died, along with all the others
 - You plan to exercise, you never do
 - You look for quicky relationships and marriages but don't know what it takes to build a long-term, lasting relationship
 - The most success you've had in any job is when you can fly under the radar; anything that requires accountability has chewed you up and spit you out

So drop the "I like challenge" nonsense. You like ease. That is been proven again and again.

You DO have an opportunity to do your best at this coming job, though, if you pull yourself away from the computer / TV / couch and go walking. Go to a park. Go to a mall. Go to a Walmart. Just go walk. That's all -- you have nothing more pressing or important today that demands so much time that you cannot go do this.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2015, 10:54:39 AM »

THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT YOU
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2015, 10:57:18 AM »

I would imagine they sit around the TV and gossip. 
Most people enjoy those two activities. I love being slothful also, but to the exclusion of any movement whatsoever? That is prison. Why doesn't Bushie just email those folks at OnCompany, go to prison, and he'll never have to worry about moving or working ever again. Unless the movies have misinformed me, prison supports the Bible reading hobby, Mama and Papa can come on visiting day, and even his meals are provided. Prison is only a punishment if you want to do something that involves getting up and moving. Otherwise, it's a free ride.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies