Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:31:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 58
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 161210 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2015, 11:02:52 AM »

When you have family visits, do you guys not do anything that requires standing and walking? I'm not suggesting you guys go run a marathon, but all of you can go somewhere like a park or downtown or something that technically involves standing and walking but isn't just "walking" either. Do you guys really just sit and stare at screens all day? That sounds completely unbearable.

I would imagine they sit around the TV and gossip. 
Most people enjoy those two activities. I love being slothful also, but to the exclusion of any movement whatsoever? That is prison. Why doesn't Bushie just email those folks at OnCompany, go to prison, and he'll never have to worry about moving or working ever again. Unless the movies have misinformed me, prison supports the Bible reading hobby, Mama and Papa can come on visiting day, and even his meals are provided. Prison is only a punishment if you want to do something that involves getting up and moving. Otherwise, it's a free ride.

Gossip is awful.  People quacking on about inconsequential crap they don't like about other people?  The worst.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2015, 11:11:05 AM »

Guys, it doesn't matter how much walking/standing Bushie does now, he's not going to last in his job. He's not going to have any vacation days or sick days for months. We all know ODF needs at least one sick day per week. I give him less than a month. He's too sickly to get through this. Sad

A challenge?  I like it!

No you don't. Your entire life to-date has proven you hate challenge. You like the IDEA of being successful, but when it comes to actually following through and taking on a challenge, you've never had what it takes to see something through.

- The most-recent diet is no longer mentioned; it died, along with all the others
 - You plan to exercise, you never do
 - You look for quicky relationships and marriages but don't know what it takes to build a long-term, lasting relationship
 - The most success you've had in any job is when you can fly under the radar; anything that requires accountability has chewed you up and spit you out

So drop the "I like challenge" nonsense. You like ease. That is been proven again and again.

You DO have an opportunity to do your best at this coming job, though, if you pull yourself away from the computer / TV / couch and go walking. Go to a park. Go to a mall. Go to a Walmart. Just go walk. That's all -- you have nothing more pressing or important today that demands so much time that you cannot go do this.

In one ear and out the other, Jesse. 
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2015, 11:26:37 AM »

Guys, it doesn't matter how much walking/standing Bushie does now, he's not going to last in his job. He's not going to have any vacation days or sick days for months. We all know ODF needs at least one sick day per week. I give him less than a month. He's too sickly to get through this. Sad

A challenge?  I like it!

No you don't. Your entire life to-date has proven you hate challenge. You like the IDEA of being successful, but when it comes to actually following through and taking on a challenge, you've never had what it takes to see something through.

- The most-recent diet is no longer mentioned; it died, along with all the others
 - You plan to exercise, you never do
 - You look for quicky relationships and marriages but don't know what it takes to build a long-term, lasting relationship
 - The most success you've had in any job is when you can fly under the radar; anything that requires accountability has chewed you up and spit you out

So drop the "I like challenge" nonsense. You like ease. That is been proven again and again.

You DO have an opportunity to do your best at this coming job, though, if you pull yourself away from the computer / TV / couch and go walking. Go to a park. Go to a mall. Go to a Walmart. Just go walk. That's all -- you have nothing more pressing or important today that demands so much time that you cannot go do this.

In one ear and out the other, Jesse. 

Those of you better at researching Update history wouldn't need to go back too far to see me saying the same sort of thing to Jeff regarding his new diet and exercise plan. And, of course, he told me that this fine was going to be different, that I didn't know anything and was just being negative, and that my words were motivation for him to succeed.

And where are we, Jeff? Why did that "challenge" fail so miserably?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2015, 11:29:34 AM »

Maybe doing anything himself is so scary to Bushie because that would mean... GASP... could it be that God ISN'T in control of everything and that he might have to take something into his own hands when God doesn't feel like showing off? 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2015, 11:39:14 AM »

When you have family visits, do you guys not do anything that requires standing and walking? I'm not suggesting you guys go run a marathon, but all of you can go somewhere like a park or downtown or something that technically involves standing and walking but isn't just "walking" either. Do you guys really just sit and stare at screens all day? That sounds completely unbearable.

I would imagine they sit around the TV and gossip. 

Or laugh if someone announces they have diabetes, since that's a family tradition.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2015, 11:40:26 AM »

Remember the Ice Cream Challenge? 30 days no ice cream and he had a dinner of nothing but ice cream 4 days in.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2015, 11:44:57 AM »

Remember the Ice Cream Challenge? 30 days no ice cream and he had a dinner of nothing but ice cream 4 days in.

That was an incredible saga.  I didn't even think he was that big into ice cream and he loses the challenge in epic fashion less than a week in.  He could've gotten ANYTHING off the dessert menu. 
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2015, 11:53:56 AM »

That was an incredible saga.  I didn't even think he was that big into ice cream and he loses the challenge in epic fashion less than a week in.  He could've gotten ANYTHING off the dessert menu. 

But, in typical Jeff fashion, he was ready with a "it's no big deal, I didn't fail" excuse. And you know what excuses are like, right, Jeff?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2015, 12:41:08 PM »

To be fair, trying hard not to eat one particular thing does make one crave that one thing desperately. There was a bit in Tom Sawyer where the Temperence folks get the kids to promise not to drink, which, of course, makes the temptation that much more appealing.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2015, 12:49:11 PM »

To be fair, trying hard not to eat one particular thing does make one crave that one thing desperately. There was a bit in Tom Sawyer where the Temperence folks get the kids to promise not to drink, which, of course, makes the temptation that much more appealing.

Yea, but one should at least be able to try substituting it with something else or skirting the rules by saying "i'll just have one bite to taste." He dove full on ice cream dinner.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2015, 01:16:21 PM »

Lol. We all know bushie won't last a month on this job, so why hound him? He won't listen, and he'll either be downgraded to bag boy or fired within a month. He can't stand 8 hours. The notion that he actually will make it day after day is just laughable and surely even he doesn't believe he can do it.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2015, 01:23:01 PM »

I believe he can do it. He's just making it impossibly hard on himself for no reason.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2015, 02:17:34 PM »

Lol. We all know bushie won't last a month on this job, so why hound him? He won't listen, and he'll either be downgraded to bag boy or fired within a month. He can't stand 8 hours. The notion that he actually will make it day after day is just laughable and surely even he doesn't believe he can do it.

See now, that's a discouraging post.  You said you weren't trying to discourage me.  Thankfully, my skin is too thick to listen to your nonsense.  You may not have faith, but you cannot post it publicly.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2015, 02:22:08 PM »

I believe he can do it. He's just making it impossibly hard on himself for no reason.

That's an encouraging response to Duke's nonsense.  I know I can do it.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2015, 02:35:48 PM »

I'm just being realistic. I wish Bushie took this job seriously, but refusing to do any moving to "rest up" before the job isn't a viable option. I want him to succeed but I've been burned so many times in the past that it's just silly to think this will be different.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2015, 02:50:11 PM »

See now, that's a discouraging post.  You said you weren't trying to discourage me.  Thankfully, my skin is too thick to listen to your nonsense.  You may not have faith, but you cannot post it publicly.

Yes he can......and he'd be empty quoted 100 to 1 every time if he did.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2015, 03:06:40 PM »

Bushie definitely has the ability to last more than a month at this job. Unfortunately, as the total waste of the past month has proven, he has no real desire to. As JMann astutely pointed out, there's never been a challenge too small for Bushie to run away from.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2015, 03:09:34 PM »

Bushie definitely has the ability to last more than a month at this job. Unfortunately, as the total waste of the past month has proven, he has no real desire to. As JMann astutely pointed out, there's never been a challenge too small for Bushie to run away from.

"Run"?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2015, 03:34:37 PM »

I'm just being realistic. I wish Bushie took this job seriously, but refusing to do any moving to "rest up" before the job isn't a viable option. I want him to succeed but I've been burned so many times in the past that it's just silly to think this will be different.

No, you're just being pessimistic.  I guess it's understandable, but it's not guaranteed realistic.  I have no doubt I can do this.  I've stood up most of the afternoon today and I feel fine.  I'll sit down to eat here in a few minutes and then I'll stand up for a little bit once I get home.

I'm trying guys.  It may not be how you want it, but beggars cannot be choosers.  I'll start this job and I'll work long and hard at this job and surprise all of us.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2015, 03:35:16 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2015, 03:39:00 PM by Chris Christie 2016 »

"Run"?

He means waddle.

All kidding aside, I can walk pretty good and I can even run a little bit.  I look foolish trying to run, but if needed I can run.  I pay for it dearly by being out of breath, but I can run.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2015, 03:38:01 PM »

Bushie, I believe you can succeed at this job, but I don't think you are going to. Not with this complete non-effort you are showing.

You already seem to have lost any excitement about this and are back to just scrapping by through life. Don't waste you precious last days before starting this job doing nothing.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2015, 03:41:28 PM »

Bushie, I believe you can succeed at this job, but I don't think you are going to. Not with this complete non-effort you are showing.

You already seem to have lost any excitement about this and are back to just scrapping by through life. Don't waste you precious last days before starting this job doing nothing.

I have not lost any excitement.  I talk about it a lot and I keep counting down every hour.  I may not be preparing like I should, but make no mistake I am very excited about this opportunity.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2015, 03:49:36 PM »

No, you're just being pessimistic.  I guess it's understandable, but it's not guaranteed realistic.  I have no doubt I can do this.  I've stood up most of the afternoon today and I feel fine.  I'll sit down to eat here in a few minutes and then I'll stand up for a little bit once I get home.

I'm trying guys.  It may not be how you want it, but beggars cannot be choosers.  I'll start this job and I'll work long and hard at this job and surprise all of us.

Bushie, actually listen for once.  You need to Practice.  I think you can handle it, as long as you prepare yourself for it.  If you don't prepare you will fail, and right now you aren't preparing.

Do this tomorrow::

Stand 2 hours

Sit 15 minutes

Stand 2 hours

Sit 30 minutes

Stand 2 hours

Sit 15 minutes

Stand 2 hours
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2015, 04:00:40 PM »

Standing up for a couple of ours in the afternoon isn't the same as standing for an entire shift. Believe me. I used to work at a golf course during college in the summers and its tough, and I'm in pretty decent shape. Considering walking for you is a chore and standing for 2 hours is an accomplishment, you can't fault me for not thinking you'll last more than a few weeks.

And to clarify, I do think you have the ability to do this job. I just don't think you have the desire.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2015, 04:47:40 PM »

Thankfully, my skin is too thick.

That's an understatement.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies