Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:10:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 58
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 161296 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: March 13, 2015, 05:34:10 PM »

I am super excited about the extra training I will get next week.  The lady I talked to this afternoon gave me her cell phone number and told me to call her over the weekend if I have questions.  That was a nice gesture.  It also gives me a good feeling about this company.  I've already had to ask her one question.

what was the one question

"Will there be standing involved?"

I'm not going to ask dumb questions with obvious answers.
Panda Express

« Reply #151 on: March 13, 2015, 05:36:49 PM »

Are you going to try to sneak some meat out and take it home?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #152 on: March 13, 2015, 05:38:43 PM »

Aww, "What is the maximum weight that can be placed on the meat scale?" is what I was expecting
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #153 on: March 13, 2015, 05:48:37 PM »

Are you going to try to sneak some meat out and take it home?

After I pay for it with my discount card.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2015, 07:09:55 PM »

I am super excited about the extra training I will get next week.  The lady I talked to this afternoon gave me her cell phone number and told me to call her over the weekend if I have questions.  That was a nice gesture.  It also gives me a good feeling about this company.  I've already had to ask her one question.

Making sure this was a full-time gig.  It is as much as a retail position demands.  They can't promise 40 hours, but as business demands I'll get as close as I can.  Sprouts usage very busy and very popular store and they have double-ad days on Wednesdays which means consumer savings which means business which means job security and more hours.

I do love Bushie's ability to regurgitate corporate talking points.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2015, 07:14:04 PM »

Bushie do you ever watch Women's Basketball?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2015, 07:30:16 PM »

Making sure this was a full-time gig.  It is as much as a retail position demands.  They can't promise 40 hours, but as business demands I'll get as close as I can.  Sprouts usage very busy and very popular store and they have double-ad days on Wednesdays which means consumer savings which means business which means job security and more hours.
In short, no this is not a full time job. What I want to know is Does [redacted] like to throw money around?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2015, 07:51:17 PM »

It's very nice of the Browns to gather to hold a birthday party for an old man they aren't related to at all.

Clarification: the Browns are not hosting the birthday party nor are we invited.  We are hosting a dinner tonight with all of our family together.  The family of the birthday man will hold a birthday party for him tomorrow.  The Browns have a free day tomorrow.

Which I'm sure you'll spend on physical training for your imminent employment, right?

Oh wait, never mind, not sure what I was thinking.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2015, 08:39:34 PM »

I am super excited about the extra training I will get next week.  The lady I talked to this afternoon gave me her cell phone number and told me to call her over the weekend if I have questions.  That was a nice gesture.  It also gives me a good feeling about this company.  I've already had to ask her one question.

Making sure this was a full-time gig.  It is as much as a retail position demands.  They can't promise 40 hours, but as business demands I'll get as close as I can.  Sprouts usage very busy and very popular store and they have double-ad days on Wednesdays which means consumer savings which means business which means job security and more hours.

I do love Bushie's ability to regurgitate corporate talking points.

This information is straight from a regular and frequent Sprouts shopper whom I happen to know personally.  She is my pastor's daughter.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: March 13, 2015, 08:41:54 PM »

In short, no this is not a full time job. What I want to know is Does [redacted] like to throw money around?

It is not a designated full time job, but retail jobs cannot guarantee 40 hours a week.  They get as close as they can, but it's based on business demands.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #160 on: March 13, 2015, 08:44:13 PM »

Bushie do you ever watch Women's Basketball?

Not usually.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #161 on: March 13, 2015, 08:49:43 PM »

No, there are people in retail who regularly work 40+ hours/week. You will likely begin with quite a bit fewer, though, and they will see how you perform and adjust your hours accordingly.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #162 on: March 13, 2015, 08:54:56 PM »

No, there are people in retail who regularly work 40+ hours/week. You will likely begin with quite a bit fewer, though, and they will see how you perform and adjust your hours accordingly.

We'll see how it goes.  I will have to see what my schedule is like once we open on April 1.  When I talked to this lady, whom I assume is an assistant manager or the store manager's secretary or someone with direct contact with the store manager and her operations, she said that I would be getting close to 40 hours on opening day, but they haven't made that determination.  You could be right, though.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #163 on: March 13, 2015, 09:00:17 PM »

I'm home from Grandma's.  My family received some big and happy news this evening.  My cousin from Las Vegas just proposed to his girlfriend in Germany of all places!!  We met her this evening and she is a very nice and very bubbly young lady.  My heart is happy!!  So, I will be welcoming a new cousin-by-marriage into the family very soon!  They don't have a date set, they are just enjoying engagement for now!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: March 13, 2015, 09:07:41 PM »

It is official - I got the email at 4:39 pm today with my official schedule for the first week.

Monday, March 16, 2015 - 8:00 am-??? - Owasso - New Hire Paperwork
Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 5:00 pm-10:30 pm - Tulsa - Training
Friday, March 20, 2015 - 5:00 pm-10:30 pm - Tulsa - Training
Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 10:00 am-3:00 pm - Tulsa - Training

Payday: - Friday, March 27, 2015
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #165 on: March 13, 2015, 09:19:13 PM »

So you've given up on withholding the name of your employer from this thread?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #166 on: March 13, 2015, 09:32:50 PM »

So you've given up on withholding the name of your employer from this thread?

I screwed it up, so pretty much.  Stepping out cautiously...
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #167 on: March 13, 2015, 09:34:16 PM »

I'm home from Grandma's.  My family received some big and happy news this evening.  My cousin from Las Vegas just proposed to his girlfriend in Germany of all places!!  We met her this evening and she is a very nice and very bubbly young lady.  My heart is happy!!  So, I will be welcoming a new cousin-by-marriage into the family very soon!  They don't have a date set, they are just enjoying engagement for now!

Did they date for just four weeks, or did they give it a bit longer before he made this life-altering commitment?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #168 on: March 13, 2015, 09:35:06 PM »

Did they date for just four weeks, or did they give it a bit longer before he made this life-altering commitment?

They've been dating since September 2013.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #169 on: March 13, 2015, 09:54:23 PM »

With the schedule for Week 1 official, I have 43 hours until Work Night 1 at 5:00 pm on Sunday, March 15, 2015.  I am considering the day I fill out the new hire paperwork to be Work Day 1 even though it is unpaid.  That is 58 hours from now.  91 hours until the first paid work day, Work Day 2, on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 at 5:00 pm.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #170 on: March 13, 2015, 09:59:59 PM »

Thank goodness you got unlimited data. You wouldn't want to miss the tournament due to training.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #171 on: March 13, 2015, 10:02:45 PM »

Thank goodness you got unlimited data. You wouldn't want to miss the tournament due to training.

I can watch the second night of the first four games on Wednesday night, Day 1 of Round 2 on Thursday, Day 1 of Round 3 on Saturday, and the second half of Day 2 of Round 3 on Sunday.  Questions remain for the Sweet 16 and Elite 8.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #172 on: March 13, 2015, 10:09:52 PM »

The call I got this afternoon at 1330 this afternoon offering me extra training was basically a $130 phone call.  It gave me 16 extra hours of work which is roughly $130 after taxes.  It's not a whole lot, but it is a good start.  And, I bet this forum which hounded me over and over to get some kind of retail job, would be okay with $130 after taxes.  Especially when I was bringing in $0.00 an hour for two solid months...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #173 on: March 14, 2015, 12:43:45 AM »

Today is Saturday, March 14, 2015 which means I will begin Work Night 1 tomorrow night at 1700!!!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #174 on: March 14, 2015, 10:51:04 AM »

Somebody PM me with the name of his new employer.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies