Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:24:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 58
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 160956 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: March 16, 2015, 10:39:05 PM »

No, you're just looking for an excuse to get out of exercising and changing your diet once again.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #276 on: March 16, 2015, 10:39:53 PM »

No, you're just looking for an excuse to get out of exercising and changing your diet once again.

Standing is exercising.  Standing will help me lose weight.  That's guaranteed.  I just have to regulate my eating habits.
Panda Express

« Reply #277 on: March 16, 2015, 10:42:56 PM »

Standing is exercising. 

In what universe?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #278 on: March 16, 2015, 10:44:13 PM »

Standing is exercising. 

In what universe?

It's certainly a lot better than sitting on my keaster all day.  Absolutely no one can underestimate the health benefits of standing.  No one.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #279 on: March 16, 2015, 10:44:48 PM »
« Edited: March 16, 2015, 10:49:56 PM by J-Mann »

Why is everyone suddenly on my case again?  I'm just confident about the health benefits of this job, is that a reason to hit me over the head with the failure of the last diet?

Yes. I'm hoping you recognize how the last one failed and improve on that. This is why we don't believe you, Jeff. The last diet was "going to be different." Look where it ended up (or do you not think it was a failure?).

You are mentally weak, and pointing that out in your case is an attempt to get you to recognize how mentally weak you have been. If you're going to succeed at anything, new job included, you've got to actually DO and COMMIT. Get it?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #280 on: March 16, 2015, 10:45:06 PM »
« Edited: March 16, 2015, 10:46:41 PM by Oklahoma City: 20 years later »

Again, it is an absolute fact that if I regulate what I eat, I WILL lose weight by standing for 5-8 hours a day.  I may not lose weight in buckets, but it will happen over time.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #281 on: March 16, 2015, 10:47:39 PM »
« Edited: March 16, 2015, 10:49:16 PM by Mr. Morden »

Why is everyone suddenly on my case again?  I'm just confident about the health benefits of this job, is that a reason to hit me over the head with the failure of the last diet?

I was just asking questions.  Is the "diet" you've been on now over, replaced by something new?  If so, then what?  You say you just need to "regulate what I eat".  What are you going to do in that regard that's different from the "diet" that you're currently on?

I don't know why you would interpret such questions as hostile.  These are pretty basic questions in response to what you just said.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #282 on: March 16, 2015, 10:48:05 PM »

Standing is not exercise.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #283 on: March 16, 2015, 10:48:23 PM »

Update XXIII title nominee #2
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #284 on: March 16, 2015, 10:49:00 PM »

Are you really saying that my job has no health benefits?Huh??
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #285 on: March 16, 2015, 10:49:40 PM »

Why is everyone suddenly on my case again?  I'm just confident about the health benefits of this job, is that a reason to hit me over the head with the failure of the last diet?

I was just asking questions.  Is the "diet" you've been on now over, replaced by something new?  If so, then what?  You say you just need to "regulate what I eat".  What are you going to do in that regard that's different from the "diet" that you're currently on?

I don't know why you would interpret such questions as hostile.  These are pretty basic questions in response to what you just said.

I haven't decided, yet.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #286 on: March 16, 2015, 10:50:56 PM »

It doesn't matter that you guys are discounting the health benefits of my job.  I'm receiving advice on Facebook which has been proven time and time again to be some of the best advice I can ever receive.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #287 on: March 16, 2015, 10:51:41 PM »

Obviously it's better than just sitting on your butt the whole day. I'm just saying that you shouldn't pretend that it will replace the actual exercise that you need if you want to lose serious weight. You're always looking for these schemes and cheats to get out of doing what is really very simple and straightforward: diet and exercise.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #288 on: March 16, 2015, 10:54:01 PM »

Obviously it's better than just sitting on your butt the whole day. I'm just saying that you shouldn't pretend that it will replace the actual exercise that you need if you want to lose serious weight. You're always looking for these schemes and cheats to get out of doing what is really very simple and straightforward: diet and exercise.

One of my friends on FB who does a lot of fitness in Italy says that I shouldn't tire myself out initially when starting this job.  Meaning I shouldn't walk for a long period of time and then go to work and stand for hours on end.  I can break this job into a habit and then add in more exercise as time goes on.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #289 on: March 16, 2015, 10:55:58 PM »

Don't be too optimistic about this job becoming a habit.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #290 on: March 16, 2015, 10:57:45 PM »

Don't be too optimistic about this job becoming a habit.

I am optimistic.  I know my strengths and abilities.  I know my resolve and my determination.  Those factors make me optimistic.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #291 on: March 16, 2015, 11:06:18 PM »

I love how Bushie simply plans the title of what he's going to do everyday not actually plan the event.  

Does Bushie know what he's going to eat tomorrow on his "diet"? No.
Does Bushie know what healthy foods generally consist of his "diet"? No.

What does Bushie know? The First Pre-Work Day One Meal of the Second Afternoon Work Night will be at 1445.

What is the First Pre-Work Day One Meal of the Second Afternoon Work Night? Bushie hasn't thought of that part. He'll probably just wing it and grab some Braum's.

But do know that it's exactly 15 hours and 40 minutes from the First Pre-Work Day One Meal of the Second Afternoon Work Night and 7 hours and 40 minutes until the Official 8 Hour Warning for he First Pre-Work Day One Meal of the Second Afternoon Work Night
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #292 on: March 16, 2015, 11:08:09 PM »

I love how Bushie simply plans the title of what he's going to do everyday not actually plan the event. 

What does Bushie know? The First Pre-Work Day One Meal of the Second Afternoon Work Night will be at 1445.

What is the First Pre-Work Day One Meal of the Second Afternoon Work Night? Bushie hasn't thought of that part. He'll probably just wing it and grab some Braum's.

But do know that it's exactly 15 hours and 40 minutes from the First Pre-Work Day One Meal of the Second Afternoon Work Night and 7 hours and 40 minutes until the Official 8 Hour Warning for he First Pre-Work Day One Meal of the Second Afternoon Work Night

I don't know what I'll have, but it won't be take out.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #293 on: March 16, 2015, 11:08:49 PM »

So what? Hotdogs and poptarts in the microwave is worse for you than a takeout salad.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #294 on: March 16, 2015, 11:09:50 PM »

So what? Hotdogs and poptarts in the microwave is worse for you than a takeout salad.

It won't be either one of those, either.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #295 on: March 16, 2015, 11:10:59 PM »

As its St Patrick's Day here... You have to be fecking dense to think that standing will burn hundreds of calories a day, especially considering your metabolism is probably fecked.

Sure, standing is better than sitting but if you want to be rewarded for standing when you SHOULD be walking... Wrong place.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #296 on: March 16, 2015, 11:12:45 PM »

Well, you're almost to a plan.

Come on man, if you can come up with these convoluted Work Night/Work Day definition schemes that don't matter at all, you have more than enough time and mental capacity to plan your next meal, which matters a great deal.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #297 on: March 16, 2015, 11:13:18 PM »

Again, it is an absolute fact that if I regulate what I eat, I WILL lose weight by standing for 5-8 hours a day.  I may not lose weight in buckets, but it will happen over time.

I am optimistic.  I know my strengths and abilities.  I know my resolve and my determination.  Those factors make me optimistic.

patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #298 on: March 16, 2015, 11:26:52 PM »

Bushie will burn like 30 calories more an hour with his new standing routine vs sleeping. Congrats youve earned a couple of slices of cold cuts off the slicer.  Stop being a thick troll.

Really hardcore routine though.  You are aspiring to something a toddler can do.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #299 on: March 16, 2015, 11:39:08 PM »

Now, you all are just belittling me.  You know what?  I don't need negative attitudes or beratement plaguing my mind ahead of a new job.  You all should just be happy that I have a job that will be of benefit to me health wise.  You will never be happy, but you should be.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies