Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:18:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 58
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 161109 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: March 17, 2015, 10:05:22 AM »

Changing the subject just a bit, but I have decided to call tonight "Work Day 1".  The paperwork day only lasted 30 minutes, not near enough to constitute a full day.  Not to mention, I didn't get paid for filling out the paperwork.  I will get paid for tonight, so it makes sense to call this evening "Work Day 1".  Work Night 2 will begin at 2230 Thursday night.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #326 on: March 17, 2015, 10:30:33 AM »

Changing the subject just a bit, but I have decided to call tonight "Work Day 1".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka0_nz53CcM
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #327 on: March 17, 2015, 10:44:15 AM »

When I get to work, I cannot take my phone into the store with me, so I will have to leave it in the car.  Therefore, I will not post any update until the shift is over.  I may wait until I get home to update Facebook and the Forum.  So, expect a recap from me between 2230 and 2300 tonight!
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #328 on: March 17, 2015, 10:46:58 AM »

When I get to work, I cannot take my phone into the store with me, so I will have to leave it in the car.  Therefore, I will not post any update until the shift is over.  I may wait until I get home to update Facebook and the Forum.  So, expect a recap from me between 2230 and 2300 tonight!

Whaaa? I mean obviously our store doesn't want us on the phone while working (doesn't stop some people), but there's nothing against having the phone on us, and we all use it during break.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #329 on: March 17, 2015, 10:51:25 AM »

When I get to work, I cannot take my phone into the store with me, so I will have to leave it in the car.  Therefore, I will not post any update until the shift is over.  I may wait until I get home to update Facebook and the Forum.  So, expect a recap from me between 2230 and 2300 tonight!

Whaaa? I mean obviously our store doesn't want us on the phone while working (doesn't stop some people), but there's nothing against having the phone on us, and we all use it during break.

The handbook says either leave it in the car or leave it in a locker inside the store.  I don't think I could trust it in the locker and I have a center console storage box between the front seats that I can put it in so it's out of sight from the public.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #330 on: March 17, 2015, 11:08:09 AM »

Why can't you trust it in the locker? It's you know... locked.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #331 on: March 17, 2015, 11:10:08 AM »

Why can't you trust it in the locker? It's you know... locked.

I don't trust myself.  I'm afraid I'll go off and leave it...
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #332 on: March 17, 2015, 11:14:51 AM »

Now, you all are just belittling me.  You know what?  I don't need negative attitudes or beratement plaguing my mind ahead of a new job.  You all should just be happy that I have a job that will be of benefit to me health wise.  You will never be happy, but you should be.

Bushie, stupid comments deserve stupid responses.  The whole standing is exercise comment was a stupid comment.

Is it better than sitting on your ass?  Yes, is it exercise?  No
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #333 on: March 17, 2015, 11:29:01 AM »

Now, you all are just belittling me.  You know what?  I don't need negative attitudes or beratement plaguing my mind ahead of a new job.  You all should just be happy that I have a job that will be of benefit to me health wise.  You will never be happy, but you should be.

Bushie, stupid comments deserve stupid responses.  The whole standing is exercise comment was a stupid comment.

That stupid comment came in response to the stupid suggestions that standing has virtually no health benefits.  I know it's not exercise in and of itself, but I will be walking while I work and doing other activities as well.  I think it was King that pointed out a few days ago that meat can be heavy.  I will likely be carrying trays and containers of all different cuts and types of meat.  I may be doing other lifting.  The suggestion that this job has no health benefits was ludicrous, in my mind, and therefore warranted a stupid comment which warranted the stupid comment.  We were basically volleying the stupidity back and forth.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #334 on: March 17, 2015, 12:04:44 PM »

That stupid comment came in response to the stupid suggestions that standing has virtually no health benefits.  I know it's not exercise in and of itself, but I will be walking while I work and doing other activities as well.  I think it was King that pointed out a few days ago that meat can be heavy.  I will likely be carrying trays and containers of all different cuts and types of meat.  I may be doing other lifting.  The suggestion that this job has no health benefits was ludicrous, in my mind, and therefore warranted a stupid comment which warranted the stupid comment.  We were basically volleying the stupidity back and forth.

Bushie, the job in itself is obviously better health wise than sitting on your ass all day whether in an office or on your couch.  With that being said, doing that by itself won't accomplish anything.  You need ACTUAL exercise.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #335 on: March 17, 2015, 12:15:01 PM »

Bushie, the job in itself is obviously better health wise than sitting on your ass all day whether in an office or on your couch.  With that being said, doing that by itself won't accomplish anything.  You need ACTUAL exercise.

I think the exercise portion will come in with the activities do while I am standing like the lifting and carrying.  I do agree that eventually, I need to add regular walking back in outside my shift, but for the first few weeks, I don't want to wipe myself out before I even start work for the day.  The extra-curricular walking can only enhance the benefits of the job, as will watching what I eat.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #336 on: March 17, 2015, 12:20:16 PM »

I'll take a moderate hero position here. I definitely think there will be enough physical activity on the job for someone as inactive and overweight as Bushie to drop some pounds. It's almost impossible to maintain a BMI of 46 without being a fat sloth. The standing will cause some drop in pounds.

The problem here is that I don't know how long Bushie will last at this job after he flat out refused to prepare for it by exercising. He was hired almost a month ago and lost no weight in all the time off.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #337 on: March 17, 2015, 12:40:23 PM »

Just a little over 2 hours until I start the final preparations for Work Day 1.  My first item on the agenda will be grabbing a light meal at 2:45, then changing into my work shirt at 3:15, having a prayer time at 3:40, watch the news at 4:00, leave for work at 4:23, arriving at work at 4:40, and starting work at 5:00.  I anticipate my 15-minute break will come around the halfway mark of the evening at 7:45, then I will get off work at 10:30 and should be home by 10:50.   Until then, I am just going to watch TV and play on the computer until then.  It's too late for a nap, but I didn't want to mess up my hair by taking a nap and I didn't want to make my headache worse.  I do have a Grade 5 headache right now, but I'll be okay.  I may take a migraine pill in the next few minutes to see if that will bring it down.  I will also take some Aleve right before I leave so I can relax my muscles before I stand on my feet all evening.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #338 on: March 17, 2015, 12:47:12 PM »

I just hope he makes it through training without any issues.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #339 on: March 17, 2015, 12:51:01 PM »

Ah, the headaches are already starting. RIP job.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #340 on: March 17, 2015, 12:56:47 PM »

When this job goes RIP in the next few days, I hope our Executive Producer, Eraserhead, will lock this thread and start a new one.  This has been one of the worst seasons to date.   
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #341 on: March 17, 2015, 01:07:50 PM »

I just hope he makes it through training without any issues.

I'm less than 4 hours away from the first day of training.  My goal and plan is to make it through without any issues.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #342 on: March 17, 2015, 01:09:49 PM »

Ah, the headaches are already starting. RIP job.

Eh, this one hurts, but it's definitely not debilitating.  I think it has to do with the changing barometric pressure outside.  We're in a transition day between warm and dry weather yesterday to a lot of rain tomorrow.  It's mild and dry today.  The cold front came through this morning and my head usually hurts with the passage of a cold front and the arrival of a storm system.  I'll be alright.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #343 on: March 17, 2015, 01:11:36 PM »

How much water have you been drinking during this barometric pressure shift?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #344 on: March 17, 2015, 01:13:15 PM »

When this job goes RIP in the next few days, I hope our Executive Producer, Eraserhead, will lock this thread and start a new one.  This has been one of the worst seasons to date.   

Don't count out the season, yet.  It's still young.  Many a season has started off poorly only to pick up in the ratings by mid season.  We've got a long way to go, bub..
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #345 on: March 17, 2015, 01:16:21 PM »

Sadly, none.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #346 on: March 17, 2015, 01:18:03 PM »

Sadly, none.

So drink some? I don't get how someone could not drink water with a headache.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #347 on: March 17, 2015, 01:23:00 PM »

No water? Well, RIP job. Bushie intentionally sabotages himself once again...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #348 on: March 17, 2015, 01:45:28 PM »

I have decided that I will have some pizza bagel bites for an early dinner in one hour from now.  Not necessarily a healthy meal, but it saves money.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #349 on: March 17, 2015, 01:57:06 PM »

Squinting
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies