Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:30:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 58
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 161227 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: March 19, 2015, 09:42:02 PM »

Same ol' same ol' from Bushie. Intricately planning nonsense like what days are called Work Days and after how many hours do Work Nights begin for a month in advance, but can't come up with a meal plan for tomorrow.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #476 on: March 19, 2015, 09:57:10 PM »

Are you claiming the Kenyan children as dependents? Without children, you don't get that much from the EITC.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #477 on: March 19, 2015, 09:58:33 PM »

What is the discount at Sprouts anyway?

also you can save money by just drinking water from the tap and not buying bottles of it

In Oklahoma??  Do you want him to poison himself?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #478 on: March 19, 2015, 10:03:35 PM »

please buy vegetables at wal-mart and not junk food

also you can save money by just drinking water from the tap and not buying bottles of it

I will start buying more vegetables.

Bushie, you don't even like vegetables.  Just get some of the fruit you described as delicious.   

I'll get some of that, too, but I kind of want to hold out on a lot of fruits and vegetables until I get the discount card.  I want to indulge in some of [redacted] fruit and veggie selections.  They are the same fruit, but it would be cheaper at [redacted] thanks to a 15% discount.

Yup, gotta stay away from those super expensive fruits and veggies lest you don't lose the money for Braum's Cheat Meals. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #479 on: March 19, 2015, 10:05:13 PM »

Are you claiming the Kenyan children as dependents? Without children, you don't get that much from the EITC.

No, I'm not claiming them.  They must have changed the law slightly because I got the full EITC since I was over 25, under 65 with no qualifying dependents.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #480 on: March 19, 2015, 11:09:53 PM »

I can't give Jeff any crap about having the AC on already. I've had mine on for nearly two weeks since it warmed up considerably, although it's back to heat now thanks to a cold front. I don't like the heat and certainly can't sleep in it.

Then again, I pay my own electric bill ... so there's that.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #481 on: March 19, 2015, 11:34:42 PM »

https://www.sprouts.com/specials/-/flyer/store/805

blackberries - 98¢ 5.6 oz pack
grapes - 98¢ a pound
broccoli - $1.28 a pound
boneless skinless chicken thighs - $2.99 a pound
rice - 69¢ a £

if only Bushie had his discount card to afford these extravagant prices instead of having to save with a $10 combo from Braum's
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #482 on: March 19, 2015, 11:39:47 PM »

grapes - 98¢ a pound
broccoli - $1.28 a pound
rice - 69¢ a £

if only Bushie had his discount card to afford these extravagant prices instead of having to save with a $10 combo from Braum's

Annie's Homegrown Mac & Cheese - 5 for $5
8pk Sprouts Instant Oatmeal - $2.99
Brown Rice Pasta - 2 for $3
Sprouts Deli Wrap Sandwiches - 2 for $6
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #483 on: March 19, 2015, 11:53:40 PM »

grapes - 98¢ a pound
broccoli - $1.28 a pound
rice - 69¢ a £

No joke I actually got one of their flyers in with my junk mail today.  I'm most interested in their Chicken Sausage Celebration ($3.99/lb).

Bushie, imagine I'm a customer.  Using your best salesmanship, please describe your Chicken Sausage Celebration.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #484 on: March 19, 2015, 11:58:14 PM »

grapes - 98¢ a pound
broccoli - $1.28 a pound
rice - 69¢ a £

No joke I actually got one of their flyers in with my junk mail today.  I'm most interested in their Chicken Sausage Celebration ($3.99/lb).

Bushie, imagine I'm a customer.  Using your best salesmanship, please describe your Chicken Sausage Celebration.

"I don't have a grill in my apartment. Here you go."
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #485 on: March 20, 2015, 12:44:48 AM »

No, I'm not claiming them.  They must have changed the law slightly because I got the full EITC since I was over 25, under 65 with no qualifying dependents.
The maximum you can get from the EITC credit without kids is $496.
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/EITC-Income-Limits,-Maximum-Credit--Amounts-and-Tax-Law-Updates
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #486 on: March 20, 2015, 12:46:36 AM »

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/EITC-Income-Limits,-Maximum-Credit--Amounts-and-Tax-Law-Updates

Update XXIII: Bushie Goes to Jail for Tax Fraud
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #487 on: March 20, 2015, 01:18:28 AM »

I remember, years ago, Bushie mentioned that he always files as Head of Household, even though he doesn't qualify to do so. I wonder if he still does that.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #488 on: March 20, 2015, 01:54:56 AM »

I was wondering how he got such a huge tax refund too. His grandma probably donated $1000 to his debt and didn't tell him or something like that. I doubt he got that big of a check back for hardly working.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #489 on: March 20, 2015, 03:34:54 AM »

I would assume Bushie is getting a big tax refund because, when employed, taxes were taken out of his check under the assumption that he'd have the job all twelve months.

Bushie should qualify for a small EITC, but will otherwise get most if not all the income tax withheld by his employer refunded to him. After all, you pay a 0% tax rate on your first $6200 of income or so thanks to the standard deduction.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #490 on: March 20, 2015, 05:29:40 AM »

Right, but as Mr. Moderate eluded to, I got everything back I paid in.  The EITC also adds a little to the State refund.  The EITC credit accounted for roughly half of my total refund.

I was real close to the income limit for the full EITC.  If I had made just a little bit more in 2014, I wouldn't have gotten as much of that credit.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #491 on: March 20, 2015, 05:57:27 AM »
« Edited: March 20, 2015, 05:58:59 AM by HockeyDude »

grapes - 98¢ a pound
broccoli - $1.28 a pound
rice - 69¢ a £

Lol classic Bushie nonsense.  In a PM to me once he mentioned his love for grapes.  But at .98/pound!?  Probably only fit for the liberal, elitist upper crust of Tulsa.  I get this image of Bushie clutching his pearls and storming out in a huff to Braum's for some down home cookin'.

EDIT: Although years of this Braum's talk has me curious.  I could only be disappointed at this point.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #492 on: March 20, 2015, 07:12:33 AM »

It sounds like Bushie made about $7,000 last year. That's more than I would have thought, but I guess that old man who employed Bushie at CADD job #1 did let him linger for a while even though he "just didn't get it." Why is Bushie not on food stamps also? It's obviously not out of a principled desire not to take handouts from the government because he just received the EITC.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #493 on: March 20, 2015, 07:17:19 AM »

It sounds like Bushie made about $7,000 last year. That's more than I would have thought, but I guess that old man who employed Bushie at CADD job #1 did let him linger for a while even though he "just didn't get it." Why is Bushie not on food stamps also? It's obviously not out of a principled desire not to take handouts from the government because he just received the EITC.

Get your gubmint hands off his EITC, memph!

Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #494 on: March 20, 2015, 09:53:48 AM »

I can't give Jeff any crap about having the AC on already. I've had mine on for nearly two weeks since it warmed up considerably, although it's back to heat now thanks to a cold front. I don't like the heat and certainly can't sleep in it.

It wasn't so much Bushie turning the AC on because it got warm that was the issue, it was the fact is was in the 50's when he did it.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #495 on: March 20, 2015, 11:05:44 AM »
« Edited: March 20, 2015, 01:58:02 PM by Stranger in a strange land »

There are strict limitations on what can be purchased with food stamps: restaurant food, hot food from the food bars/buffet counters that many supermarkets have are not eligible. Most of the items he could buy with food stamps would require him to cook. Also, a single male with no dependents wouldn't get more than a token amount anyway. However, candy, ice cream, and soft drinks are (for which you can thank the corn lobby, since in the U.S. these are usually made with high-fructose corn syrup rather than real sugar).
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #496 on: March 20, 2015, 12:17:36 PM »

grapes - 98¢ a pound
broccoli - $1.28 a pound
rice - 69¢ a £

Lol classic Bushie nonsense.  In a PM to me once he mentioned his love for grapes.  But at .98/pound!?  Probably only fit for the liberal, elitist upper crust of Tulsa.  I get this image of Bushie clutching his pearls and storming out in a huff to Braum's for some down home cookin'.

EDIT: Although years of this Braum's talk has me curious.  I could only be disappointed at this point.

Those prices look like a dream come true. I just paid $3 for a 6oz pack of blackberries yesterday. I'd be in heaven if they were only 98 cents.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #497 on: March 20, 2015, 12:22:49 PM »

grapes - 98¢ a pound
broccoli - $1.28 a pound
rice - 69¢ a £

Lol classic Bushie nonsense.  In a PM to me once he mentioned his love for grapes.  But at .98/pound!?  Probably only fit for the liberal, elitist upper crust of Tulsa.  I get this image of Bushie clutching his pearls and storming out in a huff to Braum's for some down home cookin'.

Those prices look like a dream come true. I just paid $3 for a 6oz pack of blackberries yesterday. I'd be in heaven if they were only 98 cents.

Wow, Dukey.  I didn't know you are the beneficiary of a South Carolinian plantation!  I guess the moniker "Duke" is quite literal.  Please hire me to work your fields, sweet prince.  I will only require some of your giant golden blackberries for sustenance. 

Must be so nice to not have to pinch pennies buying Mickey Dee's combos...  Oh the life of a rich. 
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #498 on: March 20, 2015, 12:26:34 PM »

It wasn't so much Bushie turning the AC on because it got warm that was the issue, it was the fact is was in the 50's when he did it.

In (possibly undue) fairness to him, it did get quite warm in the Plains states for a period of about a week, and then a cold front moved in. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt and guessing that he didn't turn it on when the temperature hit 50, but turned it on when it hit 80 all of the sudden and just happened to tell the story after it had dropped again.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #499 on: March 20, 2015, 12:43:34 PM »

In (possibly undue) fairness to him, it did get quite warm in the Plains states for a period of about a week, and then a cold front moved in. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt and guessing that he didn't turn it on when the temperature hit 50, but turned it on when it hit 80 all of the sudden and just happened to tell the story after it had dropped again.

I've had the a/c on ever since it hit the lower 70's a few weeks back.  I have had the heat on occasionally since then, but mostly it's been the a/c.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies